PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos/McDaniels accused of videotaping 49ers practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say is

3-8*

Bowlen is trying to distance himself to the point that he won't even refer to Scarnecchia by name.

NFL fines Broncos, McDaniels $50,000 for taping incident - The Denver Post

The Broncos also say Scarnecchia acted alone in making the video.

As part of his statement released Saturday, Bowlen said:

"The Denver Broncos and I, as the owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization."

McDaniels also issued a public apology as well.

Why not attribute? Don't get me wrong the info is appreciated, but just typing something without letting people know your source isn't really helpful.

Not all of us tweet, and it would be much appreciated if you took a few extra seconds to type where the info came from. It's really not a big deal and it's very easy.

You don't have to be on twitter to search it just like you would do with Google. IMO in 2010 an Internet poster need to post a link to "prove" news. If you are dubious, the info will be readily available to you in about 10% of the time it takes you to post a complaint about "source please."

Evolve or die, baby.

Last edited:
So Bowden is believes in the integrity of the NFL when his team has no chance of winning the SB, but when he wins the SB, it's OK to cheat by being over the salary cap?

Edit: Hah, cincipatsfan beat me to it.

Last edited:
Um, $50k, that's it?

What?

No draft pick?

There's a difference between filming a walkthrough and filming a game. Everyone is allowed to film a game but no one is allowed to filmn a walkthrough.

I'm astounded if Goodell went so lightly on the Broncos.

More proof that he has it out for the Patriots.

Couldn't agree more

Well, at least Florio has another issue that he can use to jump up on his soapbox for a while.

Well, at least Florio has another issue that he can use to jump up on his soapbox for a while.

He needs to...the traffic to his pft.com website has been dropping since early summer.

I wonder when the South Park guys are going to work this into an episode. Oh wait, they are Broncos fans...

Funny thing is, the ignorant non Pats fans always say "Pat's cheated, they tried to steal the defensive signs". Well stealing signs isn't illegal, videotaping them are. Hmm, what is the Pats record since camera gate ? 45-13, That includes a season without Brady. The taping/stealing signs didn't mean squat.

Thoughts. First I hate to see a young guy do something really stupid that not only costs him his job but possibly his entire career as well.

Second, as only to be expected, the travesty known as ESPN cannot get their facts right and lets their editorial bias show by stating that Steve was a recent Pats employee.

Thirdly, the press uniformly immediately mentioning the Patriots 'Spygate' but no mention of the past record of the Donks and Bowen their owner having been fined for cheating, yes that's the correct term, by gaming the salary cap to win their 2 Horseface SuperBowls.

Forth, guess the Clown Known As The Commissioner didn't really mean it when in 2007 he brayed that the Pats were treated lightly and that future offenses would be dealt with more harshly.

Finally, OK I'm an emotional Pats fan and I do accept that an offense by an employee not ordered or condoned by the HC or ownership shouldn't result in punitive Hellfire.

aw_jeez_not_this_stuff_again.jpg

.....​

People don't want to read further and learn the truths about the Spygate fiasco because they are very satisfied knowing that the best team of the decade were cheaters. This somehow relieves people because of the ****-stomping the Patriots laid on their respective teams. The videotaping of defensive signals is hardly a violation worth one million dollars in fines and a first round draft pick. Filming a walkthrough might justify such a fine, but the Patriots were never proven guilty of that. The general NFL public is seriously misinformed about what the Patriots did and how it helped, or did not help, the team win three superbowls.

It was definitely real before you decided it was... :D

Dear Bitter,

You mean you've NEVER seen people post unattributed stuff that is not true to an anonymous forum?

The Jets just traded Sanchez and picked up Jamarcus Russel. It must be true, since I've provided no link.

People don't want to read further and learn the truths about the Spygate fiasco because they are very satisfied knowing that the best team of the decade were cheaters. This somehow relieves people because of the ****-stomping the Patriots laid on their respective teams. The videotaping of defensive signals is hardly a violation worth one million dollars in fines and a first round draft pick. Filming a walkthrough might justify such a fine, but the Patriots were never proven guilty of that. The general NFL public is seriously misinformed about what the Patriots did and how it helped, or did not help, the team win three superbowls.
Extremely well-said. Kudos to you.

If this thread has proven anything, it's that most Pats fans are still extremely sensitive about Spygate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft