PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos/McDaniels accused of videotaping 49ers practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEITHER of the two posters who wrote about the 50k fines gave a link or source.

May I prescibe twitter for all your information needs?

This is about the Broncos. This has nothing to do with the Patriots, anything they have done in the past, anything they do in the present, or anything they will do in the future.

If you care what the knuckle-dragging media and fans have to say than thats a problem in itself.

Moving on.

Um, $50k, that's it?

What?

No draft pick?

There's a difference between filming a walkthrough and filming a game. Everyone is allowed to film a game but no one is allowed to filmn a walkthrough.

I'm astounded if Goodell went so lightly on the Broncos.

More proof that he has it out for the Patriots.

May I prescibe twitter for all your information needs?

Why not attribute? Don't get me wrong the info is appreciated, but just typing something without letting people know your source isn't really helpful.

Not all of us tweet, and it would be much appreciated if you took a few extra seconds to type where the info came from. It's really not a big deal and it's very easy.

Last edited:
How could the 49ers allow their practice to be taped? Do they not have their security sweep the stadium beforehand?

How could the 49ers allow their practice to be taped? Do they not have their security sweep the stadium beforehand?

This happened in London.

this is a Broncos issue
this is a Bronchos issue
this is a Bronchos issue

here will be BB when the media asks him:

"You'd have to ask the Broncos about that, Im just getting ready to face the NY Jets"

Last edited:
this is a Broncos issue
this is a Bronchos issue
this is a Bronchos issue

The Original Spygate was a minor legalistic technical issue blown out of proportion
The Original Spygate was a minor legalistic technical issue blown out of proportion

How much good did that do for all of us who had to listen to all the crap for years?

I'm sorry, but in 2010, the media writes history. You and I can know the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that you and I will hear this junk over and over for the next 9 days whether we want to or not. If you turn on a TV, listen to a radio, have friends or colleagues with whom you converse, etc.

Does it materially affect the Pats? No.

But if you believe the rest of the nation is going to look at this as a "Broncos" issue, then you're sadly mistaken. You know where this is going.

If I lived in Outer Mongolia and only got a video feed of the games with no audio, I guess I wouldn't have to hear the blather that will be expelled out of the media for the next week and a half about Scarnecchia Jr. and what they think may have occurred before SB 36 - - dispelled as it may have been in truth.

We all may hate annoying elevator music, but unless we have earplugs on all the time, we have to endure it.

It is what it is, Mike.

Last edited:
I think the relative lack of punishment speaks volumes about the importance of taping.

Remember, at the Rams-Patriots SuperBowl, the Patriots saw someone filming from a room overlooking the field, and when the person was spotted, he vacated the room expeditiously.

This happens all the time.

I have no idea what got into Goodell's panties when Mangini went fink.

I'm sorry, but in 2010, the media writes history. You and I can know the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that you and I will hear this junk over and over for the next 9 days whether we want to or not. If you turn on a TV, listen to a radio, have friends or colleagues with whom you converse, etc.

It is what it is, Mike.

Yeah, but how you respond to it is up to you. Do so in a BB-esque manner and they'll drop it soon enough. As for the media, don't watch or listen if you know your blood pressure will skyrocket.

Mine always does, so I avoid it all. Plus, nothing they ever have to say, even if it's good things about us, ever means anything anyway.

Last edited:
funny none of the newsreport mention that scharneecia actually worked for mangini in nyc ?

I have no idea what got into Goodell's panties when Mangini went fink.

I think it was a response to public outrage as much as anything. And because it's the big mean (read: successful) Patriots, the public was very, very outraged.

how about this ESPN ignoring the facts

Filming San Francisco 49ers cost Denver Broncos, coach Josh McDaniels $100,000 - ESPN

Scarnecchia worked for the Patriots along with McDaniels in 2008, when commissioner Roger Goodell docked their first-round draft pick for that year and fined coach Bill Belichick $500,000 for a violation of NFL rules that bar teams from filming opponents' signals. The Patriots, who were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches during a 2006 game, were fined an additional $250,000.
whereas PFT says
NFL fines Broncos, McDaniels $50,000 each for videotaping infraction | ProFootballTalk
Because the league has determined that Scarnecchia is a repeat offender of the policy in question (the specific nature of the prior violation is not yet clear, given that he left the Patriots after the 2004 season), the league will conduct a hearing aimed at determining whether he should be barred from further employment with the league or any of its teams.

Glazer (on Twitter) and Florio have both pointed out how come the Broncos were fined $650,000 less than the Patriots, even though what the Broncos did was far worse.

That makes me feel a bit optimistic.

lol 50g's each? Goodell is a *****.

Is their 3-8 season now tainted?

Glazer (on Twitter) and Florio have both pointed out how come the Broncos were fined $650,000 less than the Patriots, even though what the Broncos did was far worse.

That makes me feel a bit optimistic.

Ah, a silver lining.

Scarnecchia just ruined his career. Nice job there, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back