PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ordway coming back to WEEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Salk sucks. He is unbelievably awful, an annoying smug uninformed jackass!

Now get rid of Mutt next, put Tom Carron on one of the slots and it will be sooooo much better!!!

Salk being out is great news.

Salk being out is great news.

Be interesting to see what WEEI does. Do they go all new pairing from 2-6 and move Holley or do they get someone to pair with Holley? I am wondering if Michael Smith would leave ESPN and go EEI full time?

Be interesting to see what WEEI does. Do they go all new pairing from 2-6 and move Holley or do they get someone to pair with Holley? I am wondering if Michael Smith would leave ESPN and go EEI full time?

holley and smith would be great. finally, 2 guys who'd know what they're talking about. zo is also good. hell i'd take dale and holley. lou is good...... on baseball. you can have the rest.

When sports talk hits its stride in the 90's, Ordway was the man... but he got stuck on the same old, same old... while he needed to change, he chose not to.

Then he was let go, and the contrarians of Felger and Mazz ascended to the throne, this is a great opportunity for WEEI to retake that slot by bringing in intelligent sports talk, not hysterical sports talk....

Salk was a crappy choice, his voice and arrogance sent chills down by back...

I like the format of different co hosts on different days, when they used to have Patriots Monday... there are a bunch of guys who could fill this role, and it may lend itself to be a more important medium.

Wow, I just found out Dale went to Bowdoin College.

I just read that Mary Paoletti left Quick Slants :( Curran is going to need to find some new eye candy.

I just read that Mary Paoletti left Quick Slants :( Curran is going to need to find some new eye candy.
You thought that scarecrow was eye candy? They had to let her go because every time she turned sideways they thought she'd left the building.

I feel bad for the guy. This is not a town that adapt easily to change. He never really stood a chance.

LMAO. I'm not sure if you are a fake persona created by someone as a gag or if you really believe the stuff that you post. If the former is true, well played. Either way, your avatar is perfect.

Salk is arrogant, constantly speaks in a condescending tone, and is less informed than the average fan on every sports subject. It's mind-boggling that he was ever brought in in the first place.

When sports talk hits its stride in the 90's, Ordway was the man... but he got stuck on the same old, same old... while he needed to change, he chose not to.

Then he was let go, and the contrarians of Felger and Mazz ascended to the throne, this is a great opportunity for WEEI to retake that slot by bringing in intelligent sports talk, not hysterical sports talk....

Salk was a crappy choice, his voice and arrogance sent chills down by back...

I like the format of different co hosts on different days, when they used to have Patriots Monday... there are a bunch of guys who could fill this role, and it may lend itself to be a more important medium.

In spite of Ordway the guests hosts everyday was a great format IMO.

So boring to listen to 2 hosts discuss sports ...
It was nice to have the writers and ex players on the show of the sport mostly being discussed that day ... loved when Cedric Maxwell was on.

That was nice following the excellent interviews from 10-2 by Dale and Holley.

Its always interesting when we start talking about sports talk radio. Some comments on the comments.

1. For all his shtick, which I hate, Felger is still the best at allowing callers to speak their piece and engage them in legitimate discussions when they have something to offer. I get the impression he actually listens, as opposed to the rest, who by and large, don't.

2. Maz, unfortunately peaked with "Naughty Mazzarotti" on the morning show, and is otherwise a waste of space....UNLESS the topic is baseball. He is useless on anything else, and I am usually offended, because he tries to make it seem like he knows what he's talking about

3. Sadly the interviews of outside guests are usually the highlight of any of these shows

4. I wish there could be something done about adding some new blood to the "regular callers". I swear that some of these people think that they have a regular job on the show and they have to call EVERY day to say pretty much the same thing. It's beginning to make the times when they turn to taking calls, the time for me to switch to NPR, or ROR. ;)

5. At least for now, EEI is going to pair Holley back with Dale, but I think a previous poster had a great idea, and that would be to pair Holley up with Felger, who I think would be the best around, IF....he stopped trying to piss everyone off, just to create "
drama". Listen to when he talks about hockey. There you get the real Felger. Felger the fan, rather than Felger the provocateur.

Agree with you about Gresh. He's a pretty sharp guy who A) does the best Mayor Menino impersonation you'll ever hear and B) nails it with his Seinfeld references.

Seinfeld references? Really? Such schtick is why I primarily get my sports talk off of podcasts these days. The amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth yesterday when Talib took the Donk's offer was an absolute embarrassment to listen to. Boston sports talk has turned into a parade of ass clowns and is not worth the time to listen to.

You thought that scarecrow was eye candy? They had to let her go because every time she turned sideways they thought she'd left the building.

I say Mar's a hottie

Saddened to hear that glad he's gone Salk was from Sudbury where I lived for 28 years

Big O show is on air right now....online

SportsTalkBoston

FWIW

it's unfiltered, so the language could be salty

Wonder if "Steve From Fall River", "Dakota from Braintree" and "Frank from Foxy Lady" will follow along???.....

Steve Buckley also...

Best line, "Welcome back O, we are still in our mother's basement"....

I'll pass on them.

They boomed back in the day when they were the only show in town. Mainly talking about one sport. The minute competition came, that ship sank quickly. There's a reason for that...

I think Pete Sheppard great, and the Big O is ok, but as someone who loves the Pats and the Bruins, I'll stick with the Sports Hub. I find it hilarious that they want to talk about hockey now after they ignored it for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST