PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ordway coming back to WEEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Ted Johnson they asked. He chose the 100 horses, but not before shytting on BB over the Welker-Talib flap.
Resulting in twin chubbies for Vulgar and Spazz.

i-dont-care.jpg

Did anyone seen the Herald piece on this? In my opinion, and this is not the majority here, the Big Show / Whiner Line was, easily, the best sports show on the radio and those greedy idiots at WEEI had to kill it. I predicted that they would rue the day they dumped Ordway and apparently they have. I have to assume that Holly et. al. has tanked; it is so lame compared to the Big Show. Bring back the Big Show please!

No, It was the only sports show on the radio for many many years. Therefore WEEI could be as arragont as they wanted; which included hanging up on callers, being condescending to callers, talking over callers and even talking over each other. All this in 15-20 minute intervals proceeded by a half hour of commercials.

It’s no coincidence that when there was some real competition people switched channels in droves. WEEI has no clue what to do anymore. They started switching hosts, firing hosts, and hiring new hosts. Now they are talking about bringing back a host they fired as a panic move. (Yet somehow through all this D&C remained untouched even though they are constantly losing in the ratings)

WEEI is a sinking ship and they are starting to run out of fingers to plug the holes with.

The thing about the Herald article I liked is they mention Christian Fauria would be his football guest.

No mention of the treasonous pink whale or Chewbacca.

If WEEI was smart, they would give Matt Chatham a show (assuming he can talk other sports besides football). The guy is the best guy on either station at talking real football.

No, It was the only sports show on the radio for many many years. Therefore WEEI could be as arragont as they wanted; which included hanging up on callers, being condescending to callers, talking over callers and even talking over each other. All this in 15-20 minute intervals proceeded by a half hour of commercials.

It’s no coincidence that when there was some real competition people switched channels in droves. WEEI has no clue what to do anymore. They starting to switches hosts, firing hosts, and hiring new hosts. Now they are talking about bringing back a host they fired. (Yet somehow through all this D&C remained untouched even though they are constantly losing in the ratings)

WEEI is a sinking ship and they are starting to run out of fingers to plug the hole with.

The sad thing is that 890AM didn't have the signal of 98.5. Felger would still be king of the afternoons, but the 890 version of Felger was far better than the 98.5 version of Felger. Everyone I knew who could get Felger on 890 were listening to him over Ordway. The problem is that station had such a weak signal that you couldn't hear it if you were more than five miles away from the antennas after the sun went down.

WEEI crushed competition before 98.5 because of signal strength, not content. And it went to their heads.

Ordway is an obnoxious loudmouth who never lets callers, guests or his co-host express themselves without interrupting every 5 seconds. Him returning to EEI won't have me listening more frequently.
My question is who does Mike Holley have pictures on??
For some reason the highly vanilla and downright stale Mike Holley keeps his job as the replace his cohosts over and over. Perhaps Holley is the weak link in the 2 - 6 time slot??
Uh huh!!!

The sad thing is that 890AM didn't have the signal of 98.5. Felger would still be king of the afternoons, but the 890 version of Felger was far better than the 98.5 version of Felger. Everyone I knew who could get Felger on 890 were listening to him over Ordway. The problem is that station had such a weak signal that you couldn't hear it if you were more than five miles away from the antennas after the sun went down.

WEEI crushed competition before 98.5 because of signal strength, not content. And it went to their heads.

There was also 1510 the zone which has the same problems. Zero siginal. I used to (try) listen to them because they talked basketball since the they had the celtics games but it was just more static than anything else.

I don't care if it's the ghost of Frank From Gloucester...just for the love of God ,humanity and the cosmos, please eradicate the Salk virus and inoculate every EEI executive so that THIS never, ever happens again.

:D.....couldn't have ranted it better myself.

The last GM at WEEI, the one that hired Salk was also looking to hire Salk's equally obnoxious buddy Joe Haggerty for a WEEI gig. Thank GOD that fool got bounced before he could make that huge mistake.

Salk is insufferable. Go back to Seattle.

At this point it seems like choosing between Satan and Lucifer if Ordway comes back vs. Felger. Just for a change I'd like to hear someone talk calmly and intelligently about sports in that 2-6 p.m. slot instead of yelling (Ordway) or conjuring fake controversy (Felger). That's a horrible choice.

Felger lately has become unlistenable. He's gotten too full of himself for one thing, and really seems to relish alienating diehard fans of any Boston-area team except for the Bruins. He ALWAYS emphasizes the negative when it comes to BB and the Patriots just to piss people off. Massarotti is a sniveling puke.

It seems like the hosts at WFAN in New York are light years ahead of these Boston idiots in terms of maturity and sophistication. They actually focus on sports instead of baiting the audience.

Of course I would prefer to listen to talk show hosts discuss my favorite teams (Boston) instead of the teams I hate the most (New York), but WFAN is a better radio station by several orders of magnitude over WEEI or even the Hub (IMO). Even taking into consideration the fact that WFAN has Francesca, who is a blithering idiot. He's STILL much better than what the Big Show ever was.

I don't care if it's the ghost of Frank From Gloucester...just for the love of God ,humanity and the cosmos, please eradicate the Salk virus and inoculate every EEI executive so that THIS never, ever happens again.

Double Bingo! Salk is awful. How does a sharp guy like Holley tolerate Salk's shallow, repetitive schtick?

There was also 1510 the zone which has the same problems. Zero siginal. I used to (try) listen to them because they talked basketball since the they had the celtics games but it was just more static than anything else.

There was also 790 which also had the same signal strength problem.

Ordway is an obnoxious loudmouth who never lets callers, guests or his co-host express themselves without interrupting every 5 seconds. Him returning to EEI won't have me listening more frequently.
My question is who does Mike Holley have pictures on??
For some reason the highly vanilla and downright stale Mike Holley keeps his job as the replace his cohosts over and over. Perhaps Holley is the weak link in the 2 - 6 time slot??
Uh huh!!!

Holley was very good in the midday shift. He has sucked since he went to afternoons.

I still kinda wish WEEI didn't try to keep him so he would have jumped ship and moved to 98.5. He and Felger actually used to make a good duo on WEEI when they worked together. I think he would have made a good foil to Felger's contrarianism. The biggest problem with Felger and Mazz is both are contrarians with only Beetle to counter them.

Holley was very good in the midday shift. He has sucked since he went to afternoons.

I still kinda wish WEEI didn't try to keep him so he would have jumped ship and moved to 98.5. He and Felger actually used to make a good duo on WEEI when they worked together. I think he would have made a good foil to Felger's contrarianism. The biggest problem with Felger and Mazz is both are contrarians with only Beetle to counter them.

those two have ruined Beetle as well .. It's really "TMZ" radio on 98.5 now .. Eventually people are gonna get turned off to that crap ... But, I still listen..lol, I need my head examined ..

It has become about drawing attention to their contrarian ways and facebook likes.. unfortunately, they look to folks like Borges as people they view as successful.

Sports talk radio has really hit the shytter, the continual fabrication of nontroversy and faux outrage has become the order of the day, rather than talking about sports...

I find myself, once a true believer, listening less and less.... nothing is more painful than listening to Munansky and Merloni talking about football...
I used to be a hardcore sports radio listener. now I avoid 99 percent of it. I listen to d and c once and awhile not often. and I listen to fatty and zoe. I like zoelack. I hate our media with a passion. I have zero respect for most of them on the radio and on tv.

It was Ted Johnson they asked. He chose the 100 horses, but not before shytting on BB over the Welker-Talib flap.
They have asked that question of every guest this week, along with a serious one, "how long is Brady's 'window'?". Many of this week's interviews have been quite entertaining, it's good radio. The 100 horses type question is a weekly feature on Jerome Wiggins' visits. It's a deliberate attempt to poke some fun at themselves and provide a contrast to Felger.

As for OP's Big Show opinions-- yes they were great and groundbreaking when they started. When they got canned they had spent ten years slowly and inexorably stagnating and declining. Ordway surely saw it happening and could have prevented it but chose to get fat and happy with his big paycheck. So I doubt that a return would lead to anything different.

I am a Boston sports fan. I am an avid sports radio listener. I know next to nothing about the inner workings of programming. I have my likes and dislikes which differ from other listeners like and dislikes, so I can offer little in the way of suggestions.

One thing I DO know however is ridiculous, phony, see through, smarmy little media twerpaloids who flit from station to station,state to state, disseminating their peculiar form of space alienese.

Now this whatever it is, Salk, I lack descriptors for this mutt, he appears out of the ether with his flipper hand and the face that demands a right cross and one of the first segments HE runs, one of his first "segments" is a half hour of blithering blabber playing THIS ...and goo goo gaa gaaing like some kind of weirdo metro-alein from Planet Lame-ass...just take a few seconds to watch THIS and tell me what in the wide world of sports broadcasting is THIS doing as a primary segment on the afternoon drive?

#SplitsOnTrees by Todrick Hall (featuring Unterreo Edwards) - YouTube

# splits on trees...by Todrick Hall featuring Unterreo Edwards...WHO??? WHAT???? WTF IS THIS SHEEE-IT???

I listened to all of it, as I do whenever I hear or see something so ludicrous, so pathetically lame that I CANNOT look away. THIS is what the incomprehensibly lame Salk thought was "real kewl new sports talk here at EEI!!!". Ever get murderous urges in your lives.? Most of us say we don't but admit it, every once in a while that genetic human urge, that impulse to obliterate, rents a few seconds in all our heads. We are civilized beings though and for the most part have learned to control our emotions and primal urges...but, I still cannot deny that fleeting thought of pleasurably strangling the life out of this nitwit.

The months since, I've stopped listening to this drive segment unless there's a guest of interest like BB...I cannot stomach more than a few minutes of Salk's ADHD blather. What makes it all even more mystifying, this near unconscious oxygen thief said at his start that he didn't "get" the Whiner Line. How does a human being NOT "get" the Whiner Line??? This space alien was 100% serious...and then proceeded to replace it with 4 at 4,just the worst ten minute segment on radio AND closes out with Answer The Question ,Jerk at 5:55.

Answer The Question, Jerk??????????????? OK,here 's MY question...WTF ARE YOU DOING ON OUR RADIO STATION, JERK(off)?

wow .. Mutt n Lou has a friggin cesspool going on right now w Marshall Faulk .. Holy Moly..

you can say THAT another thousand times....I've read some of his nannerings but NOW that I've heard him ...I mean...sad....he really IS a mentally challenged , paranoid individual.

you can say THAT another thousand times....I've read some of his nannerings but NOW that I've heard him ...I mean...sad....he really IS a mentally challenged , paranoid individual.

I wonder if Willie Mac takes him to task since they are always around each other ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back