PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ordway coming back to WEEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Did anyone seen the Herald piece on this? In my opinion, and this is not the majority here, the Big Show / Whiner Line was, easily, the best sports show on the radio and those greedy idiots at WEEI had to kill it. I predicted that they would rue the day they dumped Ordway and apparently they have. I have to assume that Holly et. al. has tanked; it is so lame compared to the Big Show. Bring back the Big Show please!

Ordway and Merloni?

No.

Just

no.

Ordway laughed at the report on twitter.

I don't care if it's the ghost of Frank From Gloucester...just for the love of God ,humanity and the cosmos, please eradicate the Salk virus and inoculate every EEI executive so that THIS never, ever happens again.

I enjoyed the 8 minutes of sports talk sandwiched in between the 2 and a half hours of commercials.

Did anyone seen the Herald piece on this? In my opinion, and this is not the majority here, the Big Show / Whiner Line was, easily, the best sports show on the radio and those greedy idiots at WEEI had to kill it. I predicted that they would rue the day they dumped Ordway and apparently they have. I have to assume that Holly et. al. has tanked; it is so lame compared to the Big Show. Bring back the Big Show please!
Agreed. The 2:00 am - 6:00 am slot would be perfect.

The Big Show was clearly one of the worst radio shows in the history of radio. Tesla and Marconi remains must have been tortured while that mockery of entertainment was touted as such. Ordway is/was worse than anything currently on radio, even Fraulein & Spazz.

At this point it seems like choosing between Satan and Lucifer if Ordway comes back vs. Felger. Just for a change I'd like to hear someone talk calmly and intelligently about sports in that 2-6 p.m. slot instead of yelling (Ordway) or conjuring fake controversy (Felger). That's a horrible choice.

Felger lately has become unlistenable. He's gotten too full of himself for one thing, and really seems to relish alienating diehard fans of any Boston-area team except for the Bruins. He ALWAYS emphasizes the negative when it comes to BB and the Patriots just to piss people off. Massarotti is a sniveling puke.

It seems like the hosts at WFAN in New York are light years ahead of these Boston idiots in terms of maturity and sophistication. They actually focus on sports instead of baiting the audience.

The only times I listen to Sports Radio anymore is when Cam Neely is on Felger and Mazz because he doesn't put up with their ****. Saturday Mornings for the Hockey Show with Dave Goucher and Bob Beers. And Bill Belichick interview on Weei.

Screw Ordway! Bring back Eddie Endelman. How are ya!

Bring back Dale & Holley, and just tell Dale to keep the soapbox days to a minimum.

Start from there.

At this point it seems like choosing between Satan and Lucifer if Ordway comes back vs. Felger. Just for a change I'd like to hear someone talk calmly and intelligently about sports in that 2-6 p.m. slot instead of yelling (Ordway) or conjuring fake controversy (Felger). That's a horrible choice.

Felger lately has become unlistenable. He's gotten too full of himself for one thing, and really seems to relish alienating diehard fans of any Boston-area team except for the Bruins. He ALWAYS emphasizes the negative when it comes to BB and the Patriots just to piss people off. Massarotti is a sniveling puke.

It seems like the hosts at WFAN in New York are light years ahead of these Boston idiots in terms of maturity and sophistication. They actually focus on sports instead of baiting the audience.
I like the fact that the WFAN guys kill their team when they have to but are ultimately support their teams. Felger and co just want to find controversy.

I like the fact that the WFAN guys kill their team when they have to but are ultimately support their teams. Felger and co just want to find controversy.

Yes. They kill their teams when they screw up because they want them to win and genuinely care. Fleeger and his ilk don't care about anything but stirring anxiety and baiting people.

I don't care who they have on. They could have Jesus and Hitler do a show together and I wouldn't listen if the amount of commercials is what it was the last time I was regularly listening.

I don't care if it's the ghost of Frank From Gloucester...just for the love of God ,humanity and the cosmos, please eradicate the Salk virus and inoculate every EEI executive so that THIS never, ever happens again.

I never thought anyone could be more obnoxious than Gresch ... Salk is worse by a mile.

Never liked Ordway much but I did like the Big Show format of having guests everyday whether they were former athletes or media people. It was a proven formula which WEEI cut out when they were penny pinching.

Well, now that we've established that FredFromDartmouth is Glenn Ordway.....

It has become about drawing attention to their contrarian ways and facebook likes.. unfortunately, they look to folks like Borges as people they view as successful.

Sports talk radio has really hit the shytter, the continual fabrication of nontroversy and faux outrage has become the order of the day, rather than talking about sports...

I find myself, once a true believer, listening less and less.... nothing is more painful than listening to Munansky and Merloni talking about football...

Fortunately I agree. I used to be a huge fan of Felger, but it seems ever since they canned Ordway at EEI, F&M just want to stir the pot with their audience. For instance the week of the AFC championship, they spent one day crapping on Brady for 4 hours, the next crapping on BB as a GM, the day after that was a break they crapped on Manning. Its like dude break down the games. Call former players, do something else. I could imagine the Monday after it was a combination of crapping on Brady/BB, which would have been 2 days of last week show crammed in to 1.

Gresh and Zo to me are the best in radio. They are fans, and can be homers, but they'll critique the team when need be. Not F&M day after a depressing loss "see still haven't won on the road" "not since spygate" schtick.

Did anybody else hear Tony Massarotti ask Deion Sanders if he'd rather fight a duck the size of a horse or 100 horses the size of a duck at the Super Bowl radio row yesterday, or was I having another peyote flashback?
It was Ted Johnson they asked. He chose the 100 horses, but not before shytting on BB over the Welker-Talib flap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News