PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Wolfe out at WEEI

Weei is dead. Just like the Globe and Red Sox brand is.

If it is, that's a really sad commentary on the Boston sports fan because, as bad as WEEI has gotten, it's still far better than 98.5.

Then again, the initial success of 98.5 was already a sad commentary on the Boston sports fan, because the show quality difference in the stations was even more in favor of WEEI at the time.

I really like Curran but I also think Holley is really good. he's intelligent, knows what he is talking about, has a good sense of humor, and doesn't take himself too seriously.

I second this.
You'd have to hold a gun to my head to get me to listen to most of the rest of them, esp D&C.

Read the threads on this board whenever Belichick makes an unpopular move ... those are the people Felger & Mazz cater to and there are a ton of them following the Boston teams.

The Sports Hub caters to the fellowship of the miserable and the fans that think they are smarter than the teams they follow. Fans that like to scrutinize every minute move and dissect it in a vacuum like the entire season will depend on that singular move.

Last edited:
I would really like to listen to Jenny Dell in the morning. ;):p:p

Read the threads on this board whenever Belichick makes an unpopular move ... those are the people Felger & Mazz cater to and there are a ton of them following the Boston teams.

The Sports Hub caters to the fellowship of the miserable and the fans that think they are smarter than the teams they follow. Fans that like to scrutinize every minute move and dissect it in a vacuum like the entire season will depend on that singular move.
Succinct and spot on. A 500 foot walk-off homer. Well-said.

Sports radio in general caters to the miserable.

Re: Re: Jason Wolfe out at WEEI

If it is, that's a really sad commentary on the Boston sports fan because, as bad as WEEI has gotten, it's still far better than 98.5.

Then again, the initial success of 98.5 was already a sad commentary on the Boston sports fan, because the show quality difference in the stations was even more in favor of WEEI at the time.

Are you Steve from Fall River?

Like everything else it comes down to personal taste. I have zero problem admitting that I enjoy listening to 98.5. I don't have to agree with everything they say to be entertained. You may hate Felger but he and Mazz are often funny and entertaining. The only Sports Hub personality I dislike is Gresh, he comes off as pompous blowhard who shouts into the mic.

I like that Toucher and Rich don't take themselves or the topics so seriously. There is nothing more boring than someone droning on in a monotone about stats. It is beyond dispute that Peter Gammons is a legend and baseball expert but listening to his interviews is like watching paint dry (then again baseball is boring in and of itself but I digress).

I'm not sure what folks are expecting out of Sports radio talk. Do you expect them to be rah-rah cheerleaders? Do you want them to regurgitate statistics and never question anything?

thank god jason wolfe is gone. he has ruined eei. anyone that has heard salk's voice and then hires him needs to be fired. anyone that splits up dale and holley needs to be fired. anyone losing listeners to the craptastic 98.5 needs to be fired. the only time 98.5 is better than eei is on the weekends.

thank god jason wolfe is gone. he has ruined eei. anyone that has heard salk's voice and then hires him needs to be fired. anyone that splits up dale and holley needs to be fired. anyone losing listeners to the craptastic 98.5 needs to be fired. the only time 98.5 is better than eei is on the weekends.

I will defend Wolfe on one thing. If he didn't move Michael Holley to afternoon drive and pay him accordingly. The 2-6 shift on 98.5 would be right now Holley and Felger or Holley, Felger, and Mazz. Michael Holley was the only popular host WEEI had under the age of 45.

Like everything else it comes down to personal taste. I have zero problem admitting that I enjoy listening to 98.5. I don't have to agree with everything they say to be entertained. You may hate Felger but he and Mazz are often funny and entertaining. The only Sports Hub personality I dislike is Gresh, he comes off as pompous blowhard who shouts into the mic.

I like that Toucher and Rich don't take themselves or the topics so seriously. There is nothing more boring than someone droning on in a monotone about stats. It is beyond dispute that Peter Gammons is a legend and baseball expert but listening to his interviews is like watching paint dry (then again baseball is boring in and of itself but I digress).

I'm not sure what folks are expecting out of Sports radio talk. Do you expect them to be rah-rah cheerleaders? Do you want them to regurgitate statistics and never question anything?

I like 98.5 far more than WEEI, but I have to say that the quality of 98.5 has been going down. Gresh is gettng more pompous and the Felger and Mazz have decided that their overall themes (the cap is crap, the whole value vs trading up to go with a stud debate, etc.) that they go to a lo should be used more and more. When Felger tried to blame the fact that the Pats had a murderer on their team because of their value based draft strategies, I think they started to push these things over the line.

Yea WEEI was so much better, especially after all those years they refused to talk about hockey and ignored a die hard fan base (Bruins). Lets not forget all the Patriots Monday's during the season that turned into Red Sox talk, with a Brady and Belichick interview sprinkled in:snob:

WEEI sucks. They didn't represent Boston sports, or the Boston sports fan...They represented the Red Sox. It worked when the Sox brand was hot and they where the only show in town, but now, not so much. Boston/New England is now a Pats town (sorry old timers), and the Sports hub the #1 sports station in town.

Rob's a homer. He's a 98.5 guy. I'm one of those accused of the "think they are smarter than..." canard. I detest 98.5 and much prefer WEEI. He and I are not radical exceptions to your theory, as reading the WEEI/98.5 threads show pretty convincingly.

In short, it doesn't break down the way you seem to think it does.

I wasn't going to address this pompous holier and thou post, but since you chose to attack me unprovoked in a response to someone else I will. This is why so many people on this board hate you. You think you are above them.

You like WEEI. Others like 98.5. It is a matter of taste. Your opinion is no better than anyone else.

The fact that you think you are mentally superior to 98.5 listeners just goes to show why every thread you get into these days turns into a disaster with you looking down on everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Rob's a homer. He's a 98.5 guy. I'm one of those accused of the "think they are smarter than..." canard. I detest 98.5 and much prefer WEEI. He and I are not radical exceptions to your theory, as reading the WEEI/98.5 threads show pretty convincingly.

In short, it doesn't break down the way you seem to think it does.

I still don't get why you don't like 98.5. You are the Michael Felger of this board without his witty charm.

I wasn't going to address this pompous holier and thou post, but since you chose to attack me unprovoked in a response to someone else I will. This is why so many people on this board hate you. You think you are above them.

You like WEEI. Others like 98.5. It is a matter of taste. Your opinion is no better than anyone else.

The fact that you think you are mentally superior to 98.5 listeners just goes to show why every thread you get into these days turns into a disaster with you looking down on everyone who doesn't agree with you.

:confused:

I didn't attack you at all.

:confused:

I didn't attack you at all.

Yeah, I suppose calling me a homer is a term of endearment. :rolleyes: And the post that you responded to had nothing to do with me.

Maybe that's your problem. You don't even know when you are insulting people.

Yeah, I suppose calling me a homer is a term of endearment. :rolleyes:

Wow....... sad. A simple "homer" is now an attack to you. Perhaps you could have read Icypatriots' post and the slant he put on those who are more inclined to question the BB moves.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back