PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ordway coming back to WEEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if "Steve From Fall River", "Dakota from Braintree" and "Frank from Foxy Lady" will follow along???.....

Steve Buckley also...

Dakota from Braintree a regular caller on the Felger & Mazz show now

I'll pass on them.

They boomed back in the day when they were the only show in town. Mainly talking about one sport. The minute competition came, that ship sank quickly. There's a reason for that...

I think Pete Sheppard great, and the Big O is ok, but as someone who loves the Pats and the Bruins, I'll stick with the Sports Hub. I find it hilarious that they want to talk about hockey now after they ignored it for 10 years.
Calling Ordway "Big O" is pretty funny, since the guy is only about 5 feet tall (and nearly as wide). He also wears a wig.

Calling Ordway "Big O" is pretty funny, since the guy is only about 5 feet tall (and nearly as wide). He also wears a wig.

He's also the real life version of the Pringles guy!

I grew up with Ordway and Johnny Most doing Celtics games. And used to piss myself laughing at the whiner line. I live out of the area now and get my Boston sportstalk online. I really can't stand 98.5. Seems like every time I tune in they are screaming.

I still can't get the stream to work. I am re-working my main Windows system, so that may be the problem. Other similar things work, though, so I'm a bit flummoxed.

There is a reason why three of the big four sports reside on 98.5. Ordway can't save that station. They spend more time on politics than sports.

I still can't get the stream to work. I am re-working my main Windows system, so that may be the problem. Other similar things work, though, so I'm a bit flummoxed.

At work we use IE and had trouble and couldn't get it to work. But at home I use chrome and have no problem. If this helps at all

Well you were making a point to brag the other day about using a slower and older version of some browser so you wouldnt have to read the comments of people you've put on Ignore when they are quoted.

That might be part of your problem. ;)

At work we use IE and had trouble and couldn't get it to work. But at home I use chrome and have no problem. If this helps at all

Thanks for the idea. I'm using Firefox, so IE isn't an issue, at least. My system got fatally corrupted during an update, and I've had to redo the entire thing from scratch. Unfortunately, not everything has gone smoothly. I'll get this figured out eventually. In the meantime, I'll cuss and think about just buying a new system, since this one is a couple of years old anyway. If I liked any Windows OS post-XP, I'd already have done it.

You thought that scarecrow was eye candy? They had to let her go because every time she turned sideways they thought she'd left the building.

I'll take skinny over mud-flaps and bum-cakes

Try a different browser.

Ooops, didn't realize this was answered.

Windows 7 is rock solid. No reason not to use it.

There is a reason why three of the big four sports reside on 98.5. Ordway can't save that station. They spend more time on politics than sports.

The Smeltics came begging to 98.5, so I wouldn't include them in trying to make your point.

The Smeltics came begging to 98.5, so I wouldn't include them in trying to make your point.

I live off 98.5 cuz of work, and it really does seem like they could give a rats ass about the Celtics. It seems like all the C's talk is forced on.

I will say I'm a casual basketball fan, and hate baseball, but for talk radio. Basketball is horrible!

I live off 98.5 cuz of work, and it really does seem like they could give a rats ass about the Celtics. It seems like all the C's talk is forced on.

I will say I'm a casual basketball fan, and hate baseball, but for talk radio. Basketball is horrible!

I agree, sounds as though something they have to do... and it gets painful and sometimes stupid.

The midday show on WEEI sounds forced and contrived when it comes to football... so the pickings are slim, that is one of the reasons I liked the big show as they brought in a variety of guest commentators who knew the sport, however that failed as Ordway/Sheperd needed to make the most noise.

I agree, sounds as though something they have to do... and it gets painful and sometimes stupid.

The midday show on WEEI sounds forced and contrived when it comes to football... so the pickings are slim, that is one of the reasons I liked the big show as they brought in a variety of guest commentators who knew the sport, however that failed as Ordway/Sheperd needed to make the most noise.

The Big show always had the best guests.

The problem was, they only talked about one sport/team.

Credit to TSH. They talk about all the teams, good or bad. They are the voice of the Pats and B's. And even though the Sox are with their rivals. From the ratings standpoint, Mazz's baseball reporters craps on anything EEI does.

I know that EEI has its faults, but it was very disappoining to me that, given a clean slate
with which to create an alternative brand, the best that 98.5 could present was Douche & Richie,
Zo & Mess, Flegm & Spazz, and DA the NY/Miami slappy (at least they finally canned his azz).
98.5 should've done much, much, much better than that pile of crap.

I know that EEI has its faults, but it was very disappoining to me that, given a clean slate
with which to create an alternative brand, the best that 98.5 could present was Douche & Richie,
Zo & Mess, Flegm & Spazz, and DA the NY/Miami slappy (at least they finally canned his azz).
98.5 should've done much, much, much better than that pile of crap.

Captain, it might not be your cup of tea, but whatever 98.5 doing its working. Go look at the ratings.

Its only gonna get worse for EEI. Once their contract is up with the Patriots to host the whole Patriots Monday/Friday thing. Everyone knows the Kraft's are gonna jump with the Sports hub. Besides it being the flagship station, the Kraft's have deep ties with CBS. And Jonathan Kraft at one poimt , pretty much already said he wants the Pats to be on one station.

The stations bread and butter are the football and hockey fans. TSH make an effort to talk Pats football all year round. The morning guys are more entertainment. Midday guys are the Patriots honks, and F&M are gonna spin the crap out of stories to get a rise out of people.

The best talk show on radio sports was the big show. Pete Sheperd, Fred Smerlas, Deossie (dead) **** Radatz, Max, it was a very good that just could not keep they dynamic going.

For a time Ordway seemed to have that Dan Shaughnessy complex that his opinion really mattered, and that to me is when the show started down. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes