PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official Patriots v. Texans post game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torrey Smith is close to Andre Johnson. In fact, Smith actually scares me more because of his deep threat ability..

Having said that, Talib played a helluva game.. People complaining about him really are nitpicking...

Do you think Pats double Smith with Talib press and safety help?

Also don't sleep on their TE pitta, but the Pats d should be used to defending good TEs

see my post from earlier in this thread...I'm very disappointed at what I saw IN PERSON...you have NO IDEA how bad this game was slanted by this scurrilous group of thieves in striped shirts....I'm going to watch the game now...but I've never been more disappointed after a game in my life ..atrocious officiating without question...cannot be argued...the question is WHY??????????????????????????

Yes, I saw your earlier post. And it was horrible all game long. Absolutely ridiculous.

This crew was really horrible. At one point, I am fairly certain that the Umpire told Brady near the end of the game "Oh well".

Do you think Pats double Smith with Talib press and safety help?

Also don't sleep on their TE pitta, but the Pats d should be used to defending good TEs

How about we talk about the Ravens in the Ravens thread after it goes up... :D

I'm not sure if anyone has brought it up yet but I think we need to find an alternative option in terms of special teams. The kick coverage has flopped time and time again throughout the season, and was the only reason the Texans weren't totally blown out. It has to start with the coach.

That's without delving into our very mediocre kick returning.

Where do you get that it's flopped time and again? They were the 4th BEST kick coverage unit this year..

Go back and read what I saw on the replay of the 4 different kick-offs that were returned..

Tom once again proves why he is head and shoulders above the rest of the QBs...He consistently gets it done and leads his team to wins. He is the only Superbowl QB remaining after all the Manning and Rodgers love they choked and Brady passed Joe as the all time
playoff winner it irritates me that the media doesn't recognize that he is better then both Manning and Rodgers and it's not even close

To echo Deion "Prime Time" Sanders sentiment on NFL Network tonight:

"Wes Welker ...... Pay the Man!"

The announcers said "Listen and you'll hear the whistle blow at 2 seconds" on the replay. Looked like a big fat ZERO to me...

Tom once again proves why he is head and shoulders above the rest of the QBs...He consistently gets it done and leads his team to wins. He is the only Superbowl QB remaining after all the Manning and Rodgers love they choked and Brady passed Joe as the all time
playoff winner it irritates me that the media doesn't recognize that he is better then both Manning and Rodgers and it's not even close

yeah...and I am the biggest media hater on this board for the past five years and NOW it's getting flat out ridiculous...I'm leaving the Razor in my 4Runner and EEI is on break, so I turn on ESPN..."Gronk iks out for the rest of the year!!!!!"...that punk couldn't contain his glee...nothing more on Brady, the Pats, the score..."Gronk out!!!! Yay GA GOONY GOO!!!"...I mean, do these talking heads LIVE in real life???? Please God, just once...please let me meet one of these little friggin' ESPN punks...

The OPI on Hernandez shouldn't have been called as it was contact that occurred inside the 5 yard area

I'm not sure this is true......OPI is not the same thing as illegal contact......once the ball is in the air, I don't believe the 5 yard contact zone applies

So, let's all get the talking points correct and together:

1. Manning was, once again, held back by his defense, and not by his 3 turnovers
  2. Atlanta is a fraud team and the Seahawks were overrated
  3. While Seattle was the unstoppable wagon last week, that was just a mistake. Clearly, the unstoppable team is the 49ers
  4. Brady, once again, has accomplished nothing, and Sanchez would have beaten him in the playoffs

4. Brady, once again, has accomplished nothing, and Sanchez would have beaten him in the playoffs .

Are you indemlibly ****tarted?

Where do you get that it's flopped time and again? They were the 4th BEST kick coverage unit this year..

Go back and read what I saw on the replay of the 4 different kick-offs that were returned..

Looked like McCourty had bad technique on both the opening kick off and the 2nd long one. He recovered (obviously) to make the tackle on the first but he and Cole were the two weakest links on the kick coverage unit from what I saw. Koutouvides - usually reliable - also was a problem on the 1st one.

The announcers said "Listen and you'll hear the whistle blow at 2 seconds" on the replay. Looked like a big fat ZERO to me...

it was zero......that was one of the several times the replay shut simm and nantz up in their tracks

the stadium clock had run out...official time in the ref 's pocket?...I can't say but watching them ref today, it is no surprise if they just made up the whole story...

The Ravens seemed to be getting calls in the Indy game and got the game practically handed to them in Denver. The Pats had most calls going against them the entire day (Brandon Lloyd's "personal foul" was one of the most disgusting calls I have seen a ref make in years).

That doesn't bode well for us next week. If anything I'd have figured the league wanted the Brady/Manning AFCCG rubber game. The fix seems to be in, the league wants Ray Lewis to go out on top. The Pats will need to play a damn near perfect game. If the DB's breathe on a Raven WR it's going to be DPI.

I'm nervous. Between that and Bernard Pollard being a d-bag...damn it. Why couldn't Peyton just nut up for the first time in a long time and win when facing adversity?

Originally Posted by Joker
see my post from earlier in this thread...I'm very disappointed at what I saw IN PERSON...you have NO IDEA how bad this game was slanted by this scurrilous group of thieves in striped shirts....I'm going to watch the game now...but I've never been more disappointed after a game in my life ..atrocious officiating without question...cannot be argued...the question is WHY??????????????????????????

Looked just as bad from my tv at home, they were bad all weekend for the games I watched, I missed most of the first game today.

Your last post was a cry for help, right?

Last edited:
it was zero......that was one of the several times the replay shut simm and nantz up in their tracks

Didnt that moron nantz say he saw two seconds on the clock when he heard the whistle?

Looked like McCourty had bad technique on both the opening kick off and the 2nd long one. He recovered (obviously) to make the tackle on the first but he and Cole were the two weakest links on the kick coverage unit from what I saw. Koutouvides - usually reliable - also was a problem on the 1st one.

Actually, McCourty looked to have perfect technique on both long kick-offs. It was Cole and Bolden who had the poor techniques out of anyone. Though, as I mentioned earlier, there was clear holding and blocks in the back on every Houston return.

The Ravens seemed to be getting calls in the Indy game and got the game practically handed to them in Denver. The Pats had most calls going against them the entire day (Brandon Lloyd's "personal foul" was one of the most disgusting calls I have seen a ref make in years).

That doesn't bode well for us next week. If anything I'd have figured the league wanted the Brady/Manning AFCCG rubber game. The fix seems to be in, the league wants Ray Lewis to go out on top. The Pats will need to play a damn near perfect game. If the DB's breathe on a Raven WR it's going to be DPI.

I'm nervous. Between that and Bernard Pollard being a d-bag...damn it. Why couldn't Peyton just nut up for the first time in a long time and win when facing adversity?

I think the refs were approximately equal as bad to both sides in Ravens/Broncos. Horrible calls both ways. I truly felt they were favoring the Texans today though, so it is somewhat worrisome. I hope they keep it somewhat fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft