PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official Patriots v. Texans post game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of the last surviving subscribers to the Globe print edition and, this morning, I got up to find an article by the CHB on the front page with the title "A Laugher from Start to Finish". Manages to be disrespectful to the Texans (calling them a joke team) AND the Patriots, who beat them with a lot of effort. Stupid, smug twerp! No way I'm linking to it. :mad:

People were killing him all week, and he turned out to be right, in terms of how the game played out, even if he was overly harsh on the Texans in terms of their full season. He's crowing a bit. I don't see the problem. We've got a poster on this site, Rob, who did the same thing. I expect he'll crow about it a bit, as well, and more power to him when he does.

Last edited:
It would appear that he came back too soon despite the reports saying the medical staff cleared him. Bones are supposed to heal and come back stronger than they were. I can't help but think he wasn't fully healed, though Gronker appears to have been chipper prior to the game. Maybe it was just bad luck.

Well, not from the VERY start to finish. I wasn't laughing during that first kick return, I'll tell you that.

I'm a very pizzed off homer...so I'm going with the "DB initiated contact" defense...but beyond that...yeah...it looks like PI Hernandez....

you just WAIT until I get the shots of the holds on Wilfork in this game though....I WILL run amok!!!!

reaction.gif

Wilfork was nearly undressed on the late touchdown and ensuing two point conversion. I believe the two point conversion was right in front of an official as well with no flag.

Posey was IN bounds for a TD, if you count possessing the ball 200 milliseconds before your body touches the out of bounds stripe. I'm not clear what constitutes "possession" in the rule book. I do know that the ball never left his possession afterwards.

The moment he controls the ball is the moment of the catch, assuming he doesn't lose control of it after that. Since he gained control of the ball while he was in-bounds, had two feet or a body part ("one knee equals two feet") in bounds at that moment, and never subsequently lost control, it's a catch. I don't have any problems with that one.

I do have problems with both Foster's TD and the 4th-down play BB challenged. Both of those were clearly short.

Re: ****** Unofficial Patriots v. Texans post game thread ******

The Patriots won. They'll need to be better against the Ravens, especially on Special Teams.

They need to be better than scoring 41? Forcing tight throws into (generally) well-covered receivers? Stepping up on run defense? I don't think so.

Just give me some even-handed refereeing and the Pats will be fine.

How come there isn't a thread welcoming bronco fans to the board yet?

People were killing him all week, and he turned out to be right, in terms of how the game played out, even if he was overly harsh on the Texans in terms of their full season. He's crowing a bit. I don't see the problem. We've got a poster on this site, Rob, who did the same thing. I expect he'll crow about it a bit, as well, and more power to him when he does.

It was definitely NOT a cakewalk. The Texans are a tough team and the Patriots deserve credit for mastering them. It was NOT an easy victory. The mere fact that the Patriots won doesn't make CHB right at all. His article (which I only glanced at) is disrespectful to both teams.

So you read it? he's acting like an attention needy child. Not worth anyone's time

FYI, if you just subscribe to Sunday you get access to the online version every day. FWIW.

I like reading a newspaper. But I don't get it for the sports section (though I really admire Bedard). I think that, as a newcomer to MA, I should try to keep up with local news and politics, of which their coverage seems to be quite decent.

Brady eats up Wade Phillips D. That doesn't make the Texans a bad team.

The same Texan team the Globe staff laughed at last week destroyed the Ravens earlier this year, and now they're the "varsity" team? It's all about matchups in the NFL, but I don't expect anyone at the Globe other than Bedard to look at anything deep enough to see that.

Brady eats up Wade Phillips D. That doesn't make the Texans a bad team.

The same Texan team the Globe staff laughed at last week destroyed the Ravens earlier this year, and now they're the "varsity" team? It's all about matchups in the NFL, but I don't expect anyone at the Globe other than Bedard to look at anything deep enough to see that.

I don't disagree with your point, in general. I spent the past week defending the Texans as a team. However, the fact is that, yesterday, the Texans played pretty much as if they are the team that Rob and Shaunessy say they are.

Well, not from the VERY start to finish. I wasn't laughing during that first kick return, I'll tell you that.

McCourty needs some more love. Dude does it all and really is a perfect example of a BB player.

kickoff return TD,some clutch INTs,chasing dude's down to save 4 points,plays two positions.

Nevermind all the young guys like Dennard,Francis crediting McCourty as a leader.

I can't make a new thread so I'll just say it here.

On NFL network's around the league live show in their official review segment they do every wednesday, the director of officiating said that the referee who ruled forward progress ruled it too quickly. It should have been a fumble. But he said it's a judgement call and he said it's unlikely the competition commitee will look into allowing forward progress to be reviewable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back