PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official Patriots v. Texans post game thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninko doesn't get the respect he deserves when talking about the Patriots Defense. The dude brings it, makes key plays. Got the onside kick, int, his pass rush is tight.

Vrabel w/o the humor, brains (maybe), or TE skills (probably).

Zebras tried to make a game out of this after we closed it down. Losing Gronk sucks for our SB aspirations. I think we handle the Ratbirds. Props to our D. Vereen, who knew?
Let's just hope the 9ers get beaten. They looked unstoppable last night.

Great team win.

The D stepped up, especially in the secondary; tackling was excellent.
Good to see Shane Vereen allowed to be Shane Vereen.

Next week will be a dogfight-- you can bet that, regardless of whether or not you think the Ravens D looks slower than year's past. They're very familiar with our personnel and groupings. Losing Gronk hurts.

Glad to be back in the AFC Championship Game, but it doesn't get any easier from here.

Just the way it should be.

Re: ****** Unofficial Patriots v. Texans post game thread ******

Felt like a strange game. houston really did nothing for 1 half and still was hanging around. Pats moved the ball easily still didnt pull away until the vereen pass.
Baltimore is going to be a very tough game without gronk and they seem to be like the giants of last yr and 2007 and the steelers of 2005 and flacco > schaub and that D and dean pees know us quite well as we do them. Big challenge.

oh..props to unsung players ..hooman and vereen.

Hey you were posting doom and gloom this week, and then in the thread to discuss our strong win, a decisive win I might add, you come in with more doom and gloom already? Come on, SVN, play a different song!

Brady will be on a mission perhaps not like any he has been on since 2001. I am very optimistic. Yes, it will be tough, but we are not the same team we were the last two times we played the Ravens. We are better. On both sides of the ball.

I would love to have Ninkovich line up at TE and catch a TD next week.

The Patriots won. They'll need to be better against the Ravens, especially on Special Teams.

Chung is really a useless git. He alone can **** up your playoffs. You have the ball coming to you, how do you kick that ball up?

Pats have now advanced to the AFCCG in 7 out of 13 seasons under BB, and 7 out of 11 under BB and Brady together (2000 and 2008 excepted): 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011 and 2012. Win next week and we will have been in the Super Bowl in 1 out of every 2 seasons under BB and Brady, and we will also be the first team to make it to back-to-back SBs since to 2003-2004 Pats. And Brady is the only player who has been a constant from 2001 to now.

Chung is really a useless git. He alone can **** up your playoffs. You have the ball coming to you, how do you kick that ball up?
I'm convinced he's a mole planted by the Jets.

SVN -- with the board down I thought about you a few times. Was a bit worried! Glad you made it through the game!

:) . Couldnt watch the game after the first ten and was hopping off and on during the game . Ah next week.

So, let's all get the talking points correct and together:

1. Manning was, once again, held back by his defense, and not by his 3 turnovers
  2. Atlanta is a fraud team and the Seahawks were overrated
  3. While Seattle was the unstoppable wagon last week, that was just a mistake. Clearly, the unstoppable team is the 49ers
  4. Brady, once again, has accomplished nothing, and Sanchez would have beaten him in the playoffs

The Patriots won. They'll need to be better against the Ravens, especially on Special Teams.

Ravens seemed to have some ST problems as well ...

this win means that another superbowl where ill either be rooting for the patriots, or rooting for the NFC team.

Hey you were posting doom and gloom this week, and then in the thread to discuss our strong win, a decisive win I might add, you come in with more doom and gloom already? Come on, SVN, play a different song!

Brady will be on a mission perhaps not like any he has been on since 2001. I am very optimistic. Yes, it will be tough, but we are not the same team we were the last two times we played the Ravens. We are better. On both sides of the ball.

Apologies. Just wrote what I felt. But glad we are playing balt @home .

Recent playoff success notwithstanding, that's like comparing a Chevy Aveo to a PT Cruiser convertible.

I certainly think flacco is much better than schaub- relatively speaking. Schaub has the deer in the headlights look all the time. Flacco does offer some fair catch INTs though but can make a few more plays than schaub.

Ravens seemed to have some ST problems as well ...

Apparently the ravens lb how complained about our gimmick offense plays on ST. Go figure :confused:

That was about as dominating a 13 point win as you can have. Much respect to the Texans I think they have a good team, fans are better than most, but their team truly is nowhere near our level. I think we caught a break drawing them in round 2, highly doubt Bmore or Denver would've been an easier out then that. The only reason the game was close whatsoever was our piss poor KO coverage and the refs. On the plus side, we survived all of those breaks and one would hope things start bouncing our way next week. Chung almost ****ed us hard again on ST's, hope to see less and less of this guy period.

Gronk going out sucks hard, but we're 6-1 without him now and in the 1 loss we put up 34 points. If we stay healthy on D I still feel we should be favored head to head on any remaining team. The defense after all is where we need to play championship ball and I feel they are capable. Credit to JMD for adjusting to no Gronk/Woodhead who I'm sure were a significant part of the gameplan. It took a couple series's but I'll gladly take that, once the offense got rolling we were set. 41 points.

Nink, Wilfork, Brady, Vereen, Welker, Zoltan, OL, JMD were all brilliant and I'm probably missing some. Defense was solid overall. I think they would have been alot better but the lousy ST really killed their mojo. They need to fix that **** immediately or Ghost needs to start kicking it out the EZ don't give them a chance at all. I will give it to them that this was a game we could afford it, BETTER NOT happen in a close game. Houston should've scored 13-17 points max and I believe we can hold Baltimore to the same if the ST holds up and the refs are somewhat fair. Hope Chandler is okay and at least our D can be full strength.

BTW, isn't it too bad that Brady can't throw the deep ball?

The refs were doing everything in their power to give Houston the game.

The OPI on Hernandez shouldn't have been called as it was contact that occurred inside the 5 yard area.
There shouldn't have been a call on Gregory because he didn't hit Helmet to Helmet, despite what Simms said.
Foster's Right Elbow was clearly down on the play the Pats challenged despite what the ref said.
Foster didn't get into the End Zone despite what the ref said.
It should have been a fumble because the ball was loose before the forward progress was stopped.
And on the 2 PT Conversion, Wilfork was clearly held (as he was just about every play). The Refs should have called numerous holdings on Houston. I mean, the Pats D-line were constantly having to adjust their jerseys from them having to be pulled.
The flag for running into Mesko on Shiloh Keo should not have been picked up. It was CLEAR as day that Chung got pushed into Keo AFTER Keo had already hit Mesko.

Do pats not have anyone else who can return kicks better than McCourty? He's not real explosive. He had that one big return vs the jets but aside from that not much....I'd almost like to see Chung return some. In addition, if McCourty got hurt returning a kick it'd be a pretty big loss. He's a pro bowl caliber safety in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes