PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense...Worse In The Brady Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could make a case that statistically the 2002 passing offense was better than those of 2003 & 2004.

Of course, we all know that wasn't the case.
Football Outsiders' stats are very clear that our offense and pass offense was a step beyond in 2004. The other years we're generally in the 8-14ish range, we were 2nd in offense and 4th in pass offense in 2004 according to their stats.

That was then, this is now...Facts and stats from other years have no bearing on the current season...Everything is relevant to the surroundings of now, not yesteryears.

The why does when everyone complain about McDaniels and this offense always bring up Weis and his offenses? If the past is the past, then it goes both ways.

In fact, I have shown in my last post that Weis' offenses were wildly inconsistent in 2003 and this offensive genius that people made Weis into only really came into existence in 2004.

(Shaking head) I can not believe that response. It is one of the most immature responses I have read. It sounds like its comng out of the mouth of a 9 year old.

I pointed out how stats like yours can not be indicative of the entire picture, using todays game as an example.

you are so intent on suggesting that most yards, most points,etc...is what makes a team a good team, etc.

Today we had a total of 230 offensive yards... Using your post as an analogy, then we must have gotten our asses whipped, cause 230 yards of total offense, in most instances, will NOT win an NFL game.

Therfore , using your theory, we really sucked on offense today, right?

One stat you can go by is points scored. So far this season, we score as much or more points per game than any other Patriots team under Belichick other than the 2004 team.

(Shaking head) I can not believe that response. It is one of the most immature responses I have read. It sounds like its comng out of the mouth of a 9 year old.

I pointed out how stats like yours can not be indicative of the entire picture, using todays game as an example.

you are so intent on suggesting that most yards, most points,etc...is what makes a team a good team, etc.

Today we had a total of 230 offensive yards... Using your post as an analogy, then we must have gotten our asses whipped, cause 230 yards of total offense, in most instances, will NOT win an NFL game.

Therfore , using your theory, we really sucked on offense today, right?
Over the course of a season games like this balance out. One game like this pretty much washes away when it's one out of sixteen, or one out of fourteen like right now.

One stat you can go by is points scored. So far this season, we score as much or more points per game than any other Patriots team under Belichick other than the 2004 team.
Dude, points don't matter :)

Nem, your act is getting quite old. You just don't let up . Lets see. the Pats scored 40 points without there #1 RB and #1 Pass catcher. The remaining WRs would probably be ranked the worst in the NFL by most talent evaluators, yet somehow this team scraped together a 33 point win. Today was a classic, let the other team implode and take advantage of their misfortunes. At no time was their an urgency to take unnecessary risks and I bet the game plan went hand in hand with what BB has been preaching the last several weeks...secure the ball, be fundamentally sound, handle your assignments...a boring formula that has seen past successes.
Last week the Pats got the crap beat out of them by Miami in a game that clearly demonstrated the deficiencies of the WRs. The WRs can't out run, out cut, out jump, out muscle any opponent...yet you expect this group to be able to score at will every play. Now subtract from the roster the yardage leaders in both rushing and receiving. Even you must be able to understand that the Pats are not operating under ideal conditions. So what would be a realistic amount of points scored in your delusional world.
The bottom line today was a methodic low risk offense that emphasized ball security. BB settled for short field goals all day because he had faith in his Defense and an understanding of his opponent.

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic.

If this thread has gone so far afield that you bristle at being accused of using facts to support an argument, I apologize.

Before we entered the Bizarro world of noveau Pats fans, facts used to be a pretty good means of supporting arguments.

Carry on, your facts support my memories.:cool:

Yes,and a great deal of them came in four games, Cincy, Minn, GB and Houston... In those four games we scored 144 points.....thats an average of 36 points per game....padding those stats.
Let's eliminate last week's shutout then :bricks:

Yes,and a great deal of them came in four games, Cincy, Minn, GB and Houston... In those four games we scored 144 points.....thats an average of 36 points per game....padding those stats.

Look at 2003. We scored 38 points vs. both Indy who had no defense and Tennessee. We scored 31 points against a Buffalo team that had totally packed it in at the end of the season. We also scored 31 points against an Eagle team the second week of the season that people were thinking had totally fallen apart because they lost to Tampa 17-0 the week before. So in those four games, we scored 138 points (or 34.5 PPG average) to pad the stats in 2003.

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic.

If this thread has gone so far afield that you bristle at being accused of using facts to support an argument, I apologize.

Before we entered the Bizarro world of noveau Pats fans, facts used to be a pretty good means of supporting arguments.

Carry on, your facts support my memories.:cool:

I wasn't even responding to you. Sorry you took my response to someone else's post so personally.

I wasn't bristled by the way. But thanks for the concern.

:)
Dude, points don't matter :)

Wellllll, according the NFL they don't. You can get 500 yards a game and only score three points a game and the league will rank you the best offense in the league. So I guess points don't really matter. :)

I wasn't even responding to you. Sorry you took my response to someone else's post so personally.

I wasn't bristled by the way. But thanks for the concern.

I'm very sensitive.:p

I need to become a Browns or Lions fan, they're probably feeling better about their teams right now than Patriots' fans are :(

If you want to wear rose colored glasses and believe that everything s fine, and that we are really rolling along, that is your perogative...but dont get so snotty just cause there are others that see the entire picture, not just half of it.
I don't. There are things offensively, defensively and special teams that worry me a great deal. But to say that this is the worst offense in the Brady Era is a statement that simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I'm guessing the title of this thread is supposed to mean that this team is the worst offense we've had in the Brady era?

What it actually says in that the offense is worse in the Brady error - which would mean it was better in the Bledsoe era? The Zolak era maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back