PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense Leadership

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the following set up: Pioli as the GM, Belichick or Vrabel as HC, and McDanials as the OC. Let Pioli pick the DC.

Your thoughts?

What do you guys think of the following set up: Pioli as the GM, Belichick or Vrabel as HC, and McDanials as the OC. Let Pioli pick the DC.

Your thoughts?
While I’m fond of all of them, if NE moves on from BB they should consider starting fresh. New coach, new coordinators, change philosophy altogether.

I think some dedans have excessively soured on the dynasty braintrust. Coaches that are highly regarded have stumbled (ex Payton was like 7-9 two years in a row w prime Brees) at times and BB’s sustained excellence has spoiled us.

So, in closing : love those guys, but no.

You make good points.

Your thoughts?
You are essentially firing Mayo.
=================
I'm fine with Pioli, and either Vrabel or Mayo as coach, and Josh as OC.
==========
I would point out that I would also be fine with keeping BOB and allowing him to pick his staff and have Pioli give him the help he needs when needed.

Personally I don't want McDaniels as OC. He was a good OC for Brady, but without him he has had exactly 1 year with a top 10 offense either as an HC or OC and that 2020 pats offense wasn't that good. That team massively overachiever on that side of the ball statistically due to a few outlier games where the other team just didn't show up and offered no resistance.

So no to McDaniels. He is a good OC when it comes to setting up a few structured/precise offense, but we more innovation and imagination.

No.

I want Harbaugh

Purely in regard to coaching, I would not hate the idea of Mayo HC, McDaniels as OC. Whatever he is as a head coach, he is very good coordinator. Better than O’Brien. I just don’t see that happening. I don’t think BOB is leaving.

McDanials ain’t just a river in Irish Egypt

Your thoughts?
Why make a change at DC? Was the D that bad? Especially if BB remains HC having Pioil fire his incumbents is a gigantic slap in the face in an area that was perfectly fine before messing with it. Seems like an exceptionally dumb move.

thats too bad, because the rest of the proposal seems reasonable.

The Belichick coaching tree has been a trainwreck for 20 years. Recycling Bill's old glorified clerks and secretaries ain't it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back