PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable NFL Roster Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Cobb a lot coming out of college, I haven't followed his NFL career much but he is an intriguing player.

He averaged less than 3 yards on 52 carries last season. His longest run was 12 yards. He caught one pass for negative yardage and can't pass protect. Forget Gaffney, I'd put Brandon Bolden on the field before Cobb. There will be far better veteran running backs released in the next week or two if they want to go that route.

There will be far better veteran running backs released in the next week or two if they want to go that route.

Not agreeing or disagreeing on your thoughts about Cobb b/c I don't know his game that well, but I think you're spot on with this statement. I was thinking this yesterday, in terms of the fact that there are already some "names" just in the cutdown to 75.

Something interesting to watch for, especially given how this board was in the TE starved days of the 2014 draft;

NY writers are reporting that Jace Amaro might not make the Jets roster.

Something interesting to watch for, especially given how this board was in the TE starved days of the 2014 draft;

What an bust that TE class has turned out to be. ASJ hasn't produced much at all either. I want to say @manxman2601 called that back in the day, but I'm not 100% positive.

well, I remember that I, Joker the Indefatigable. predicted Jace Amaro would be a huge bust because...uh...because Jets happen, that's why. Good enough for a near 90% correct rating the past 45 years.

well, I remember that I, Joker the Indefatigable. predicted Jace Amaro would be a huge bust because...uh...because Jets happen, that's why. Good enough for a near 90% correct rating the past 45 years.

Well, yeah, it was guaranteed that Amaro would bust the minute he was drafted by the Jets.

No, I was a fan of ASJ. @patchick and Mayo were less keen.

Must have been Mayo, then. I remembered one of you being really down on the class as a whole and he called it.

He needs to start posting again.

Yes he does. @Off The Grid . Do you now what's happening with mayoclinic?

I also really liked AFJ, but I didn't like him where we would have had to take him. If I recall, it was a needs based thing.

Since were on the topic of Tampa Players.

A player I really had a thing for in last years draft Kenny Bell, looks like he's going to be cut. Last year he was IR'd all season, and this season, he had a shaky preseason riddled by a hamstring issue. He then had a subpar game 3 and a concussion in week 4, essentially writing his name on the wall in Tampa (according to blogs and TB sites I've been reading). If he is in fact cut, I would LOVE LOVE for the Patriots to find a way to get him out for a shot, see what he could do here.

I remember talking about his guy as one of those type of rare players who's just in-sync with the game off football, Pure Baller. Like a Mathieu, or a OBJ.. Luke Kuechly type of baller. (no I'm not comparing his play) Just his involvement in the game in all phases, even when a play has nothing to do with him, he's playing 1000% and has a knack for know the lil important facets of the game.

To me, I also loved his combine results and felt he would be a great fit in NE. I think his size and skill set would allow him to be the backup for a few of our WR's. Even better then a Keshawn Martin. PS. he also plays special teams.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 3.44.11 AM.png

A few articles that agreed and did a better job explaining his fit in our system.

Patriots NFL Draft Prospects: Nebraska WR Kenny Bell (AKA 'Afro Thunder')

Oh and a google search found a post of yours Manx. lol
See, I do recall you liking him also.

Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska

Not many players have a 9 min highlight video which consist of a TON of player maker plays, and not just a player feasting on lower level competition.

First : I know he has to be cut first. Second : I know its highly unlikely he ends up on our team in any fashion, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed like I did last years draft.

Last edited:
We should also keep in mind Chung did not set the world on fire his 2nd year. He even left for elsewhere for 1 year and look at him now as one of the top 10 strong safeties in the NFL.

I doubt Richards has what it takes to ever cover a good WR but can he learn to cover a TE, hold a zone and be good in the box while also making sure guys are in the right spot? I think all of those things are possible for him. I think to give up so early would be a mistake. If we gave us this early on Chung he might not be here doing what he is right now. Unlike Chung it is easier to wait for Richards cause we already have a guy doing his job well.

I agree, I think Richards is essentially Chung's backup right now and I think he can grow into that role with some time. I'm certainly not writing him off yet.

I agree, I think Richards is essentially Chung's backup right now and I think he can grow into that role with some time. I'm certainly not writing him off yet.

If he was a smidge quicker and faster I would feel so much better about him.

I remember Amaro as one of those outspoken "I'm going to make teams pay for not picking me in Round 1" guys shortly after the draft. I guess he hasn't exactly delivered on that threat yet.

That said, I can't gloat too much given our stellar 1st round pick in that draft.

Yeah, I was high on Jace Amaro and CJ Fiedorowczki or whatever his name is actually I wanted ASF but I thought he was out of our range.

Good reclamation projects thought, Amaro has size and can catch, probably can't block ****e but if you can get him to the practice squad good, we don't know if Bennett is staying after this season.

Not really "notable" outside the draft forum. Dan Vitale was a guy brought up as a possible late round fullback/H-back option and was in a number of mocks. He's been cut by Tampa. With Develin playing well not sure where he'd fit, but a could be a better PS option than Iosefa.

Bucs cut sixth-round rookie Dan Vitale

Also interesting per that article that the Bucs plan on unleashing the *5* TE offense.... :)

Damn, I thought he would be really good. Shows wtf I know.

Manny lawson released by bills
Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes