PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2017 UDFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god Lombardi is the most informative person in the media right now. He knows all the details and his opinions are at least based on experience and insight into the process.

moreover he's such a natural storyteller . a treasure

The Reiss list was the same as the ones in here with the exception of OG Greg Pyke, who he does not list.

Pyke went to Buffalo (for the summer at least..)

moreover he's such a natural storyteller . a treasure

I completely agree. Even though his Lombradi-isms are slowly starting to repeat themselves he seems to have a bottomless treasure chest of stories to tell. Hope there will be more content from him during the season than just the "GM street" podcast. I could listen for hours every week..

Do these additions bring us up to 90? I don't think tryouts count against the limit, but I'm rusty on the actual rules.

Tryouts don't count, so unless we decide to sign them afterwards, we still have room for several vets.

Also we still have to see if there are any tryouts among reported udfa signings.

So far there are 66 signed (9 on futures contracts) + 4 drafted + 6 priority udfa + 12 reported udfas (signings not official) + 3 tryouts (don't count).

Plenty of changes in and out . as you know . even before TC

Next deadline May 10 . when all UFAs become Street agents (dont count vs comp picks)
(by the way . both Street and Streater are on the street again)

Riley:

6014/187 ... 467/40 .. 32.5/vj .. 127/lj .. 4.38/ss ..7.03/3c

Last two years receiving ...
... 98/1768 (18.0 ypc), 15 TDs

significant deep threat at his competition level; 5 plays over 40yds in 2016, 4 more over 30yds

The Reiss list was the same as the ones in here with the exception of OG Greg Pyke, who he does not list.

The CBS signings tracker shows Pyke signed with the Bills.

Both Loyko and CBS have Arkansas CB, DJ Dean with the Pats. Was he on the Reiss list?

Loyko also tweeted New Mexico State LB, Rodney Butler with an invite/tryout.

Also we still have to see if there are any tryouts among reported udfa signings.

So far there are 66 signed (9 on futures contracts) + 4 drafted + 6 priority udfa + 12 reported udfas (signings not official) + 3 tryouts (don't count).

Plenty of changes in and out . as you know . even before TC

Next deadline May 10 . when all UFAs become Street agents (dont count vs comp picks)
(by the way . both Street and Streater are on the street again)

May 10th is the last day that teams can have submit a June 1st qualifying contracts for their own UFAs so those UFAs could potentially count in the Comp Pick equation. A qualifying offer would mean they would count in the Comp Pick equation if they are signed prior to the start of TC.. Only players who have not received a qualifying offer would become street free agents.

This is per OTC..
The Basics and Methodology of Projecting the NFL's Compensatory Draft Picks | Over the Cap

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1[*], he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team.

*On 2015, this date was switched to May 12, and in 2016 it was May 10. It is believed that the cutoff date in future years will be the second Tuesday after the draft."

Last edited:
Jamaal Charles to Denver. Somewhere ChrisR2223 weeps silently.:p
I'm fine with that I prefer Mike but I was just asking about Charles but I don't think he's a good of a fit for our offense as Denvers plus he's always injured.
I prefer Mike

KD Cannon, who signed with SF as an UDFA was already cut today...that's kinda odd. He should have listened to the NFL draft committee, and returned to school. Flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back