PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2017 UDFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some tape of Killings, #24.

The quick impression is that he is very good in coverage. However, he's not all that good at tackling.

Here is some tape of Killings, #24.

The quick impression is that he is very good in coverage. However, he's not all that good at tackling.

to Paraphrase BB " What good is a player to me if he can't tackle"

Anyone have a scouting report on Killings?

to Paraphrase BB " What good is a player to me if he can't tackle"

Anyone have a scouting report on Killings?

D.J. Killings - 16176 | Draft Analyst

Bio:

Two-year starter who tallied 42 tackles (three for loss), three interceptions and 11 pass breakups, which ranked third in the AAC, in 2016. Made seven starts as a junior with 32 tackles (four for loss), one forced fumble and one pass breakup. Combined for 25 tackles and two interceptions in his first two seasons at Central Florida.

Pos:

Hard-working cornerback coming off a career campaign. Tough, displays a sense of timing and gives effort in all areas. Relatively instinctive, works well with safeties and displays solid cover skills. Mixes it up with receivers throughout the route and battles opponents to get a hand on the ball. Quickly moves up the field defending the run then squares into ball handlers. Plays heads-up football.

Neg:

Possesses an average burst to the throw. Slow getting his head back around and really doesn’t do a good job positioning himself to break up deep passes. Long speed is a concern.

Analysis:

Killings has limitations but gets the most from his ability and offers possibilities as a ninth defensive back and special teams player.

You can coach tackling, though. Can't coach instinct.

Given his strengths, I have to wonder if the team is going to try Killings at safety at all in camp...

Austin Carr is such a fascinating kid

Regardless of whether he sticks around in New England, I think he's gonna do big things in life!

Last edited:
Even if 2 or 3 of these guys get poached when we try to move them to the practice squad, we are going to have a killer practice squad this year. The 10 guys on PS last year are in a tough spot because IMO they mostly seem out-gunned. I'd like to see Foster and baby-Gronk make it, but who knows.

Now THAT is a big one.

Jacob Hollister stood on his pro-day numbers from last March, when he timed 4.58s in the 40, 4.34s in the short shuttle and 7.14s in the three-cone after measuring 6032 and 242 pounds.

DA Draft Buzz: Pro Day April 24 | Draft Analyst

So you're telling me there's a chance? Sounds like a really good chance. Seeing those numbers makes this guy a very happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back