PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL admits to screwing Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...I'm not sure I feel better knowing this.

He has Vic's column. Not anything from the league.

You don't think that my avatar is a photoshop job do you? That is a very rare photo which shows a NFL ref showing his true self.:rolleyes:

Now, man up and at least admit that the no call on Caldwell should have been, at a minimum, illegal use of the hands beyond 5 yards. You know, the Polian rule.

We can't put the toothpaste in back in the tube and the outcome remains. But, you need to show that you are credible and admit the Calwell no call should have been called.

GO BEARS! For several reasons.

You don't think that my avatar is a photoshop job do you? That is a very rare photo which shows a NFL ref showing his true self.:rolleyes:

Now, man up and at least admit that the no call on Caldwell should have been, at a minimum, illegal use of the hands beyond 5 yards. You know, the Polian rule.

We can't put the toothpaste in back in the tube and the outcome remains. But, you need to show that you are credible and admit the Calwell no call should have been called.

GO BEARS! For several reasons.

I admited earlier that the Caldwell play should have been called, I was setting 22 rows from the play and about **** my pants thinking there is going to be a flag, then no flag and of course when your at the game your totally happy nothing was called, not sure how it would have panned out if that call is made, im sure the Pats probably get a TD, then your up 35-28, Colts might go down and score a TD and tie it up but then wonder how much time would have been left for brady...sucks we will never know...I looked at my tivo and at the time the Pats kicked there FG to go up 31-28 there was 7:42 left in the game, so still alot could have happened

Just when I was starting to get this game and move on to next year....

SERENITY NOW!!!

PS: The Caldwell call was even worse, if they make the correct call, it's basically game over, we win the AFC championship. I'm all for letting them play, but that was so blatant, you have to call that.

Last edited:
Just when I was starting to get this game and move on to next year....

SERENITY NOW!!!

PS: The Caldwell call was even worse, if they make the correct call, it's basically game over, we win the AFC championship. I'm all for letting them play, but that was so blatant, you have to call that.

I get the impression people think that Caldwell noncall was very late in the game, I went back on my tivo and checked it out, it came with 7:42 left in the game, and the pats could have been up 35-28 if they make the call which in my opinion they should have...but there was still alot of football to be played..

I get the impression people think that Caldwell noncall was very late in the game, I went back on my tivo and checked it out, it came with 7:42 left in the game, and the pats could have been up 35-28 if they make the call which in my opinion they should have...but there was still alot of football to be played..

We would've won. Besides, it doesn't matter, the call should've been made, and it wasn't. We were robbed.

To me there is nothing worse than fans from any team crying about some call the ref made or didnt make .good and bad calls happen to both teams its part of the game.

same with us in 2004 in the AFC Title game but thats cool..

Yes, that 20-3 score was misleading. We were really outplayed. Good things those refs helped us win by 3 possessions.

To me there is nothing worse than fans from any team crying about some call the ref made or didnt make .good and bad calls happen to both teams its part of the game.

I know saying that probably makes you feel highly about yourself, but grow a pair and join the angerfest.

I just read through 54 posts and cannot see anywhere that the NFL admitted anything.

All I see is a Jacksonville beat writer saying the NFL told him. He doesn't even say who in the NFL told him. Maybe he is quoting Ellis Hobbs.

Further proof, or course we have patriots.com quoting the Jacksonville beat writer. Maybe the Globe can quote patriots.com now. It still has as much credibility as the latest Elvis sighting.

Show me something from ESPN, CBS, SI, or even a national newspaper.

The title of this thread should be changed to: JAGUARS BEAT WRITER CLAIMS NFL TOLD HIM THEY MADE A MISTAKE IN UNCONFIRMED STORY

Yes, that 20-3 score was misleading. We were really outplayed. Good things those refs helped us win by 3 possessions.

sorry but it was 24-14 and im talking about the drive when we were down 21-14 had the ball with 2 mins left and the DB kept holding our recievers and nothing was called..but Im sure you knew what I was talking about...anyhow I don't blame the refs for that loss, just pointing out its a two way street and it sucks to be on the other end of bad calls which I have admitted on this forum today, so im not one of those trolls here to cause trouble..

I just read through 54 posts and cannot see anywhere that the NFL admitted anything.

Yup. I just had the exactly same thought. I hadn't bothered to read the entire attribution story until now, but it seems to me that it's possible that all that happened was that the league office confirmed there's no faceguarding penalty in the NFL, not that there was no contact on the play.

Mike Pereira does a little dog and pony show on nfl network every week in which he reviews plays from the prior week. I've been avoiding nfl network, so I don't know if he did it this week, but if he did, it would be interesting to know whether this came up.

sorry but it was 24-14 and im talking about the drive when we were down 21-14 had the ball with 2 mins left and the DB kept holding our recievers and nothing was called..but Im sure you knew what I was talking about...anyhow I don't blame the refs for that loss, just pointing out its a two way street and it sucks to be on the other end of bad calls which I have admitted on this forum today, so im not one of those trolls here to cause trouble..

Quit while you're ahead. Seriously.

Your team didn't get screwed in that game. You have patriots fans on their own board acknowledging that the colts won fair and square this game, which I agree with. At this point, with respect, you sound like someone trying to make himself (herself?) feel better about some arguably spotty calls in this game by bringing up the past, which is your prerogative, but something that (again, respectfully) should be done elsewhere and on your own time. Otherwise, it's dangerously close to nose rubbing. Just my .02.

Last edited:
I admited earlier that the Caldwell play should have been called, I was setting 22 rows from the play and about **** my pants thinking there is going to be a flag, then no flag and of course when your at the game your totally happy nothing was called, not sure how it would have panned out if that call is made, im sure the Pats probably get a TD, then your up 35-28, Colts might go down and score a TD and tie it up but then wonder how much time would have been left for brady...sucks we will never know...I looked at my tivo and at the time the Pats kicked there FG to go up 31-28 there was 7:42 left in the game, so still alot could have happened

Hey, the game is in the books and can't be changed. I don't expect you or any Colts fan to be unhappy about the calls. I wouldn't be unhappy about a bad call that went the Patriots way.

You are not defending them which is to your credit.

My feeling re: calls has always been "it is what it is"- every team gets their share and every team catches a break sometimes. I've never once whined or blamed a loss on calls alone and I'm not going to now,either.
That said,I didn't realize how much this entire game has ticked me off, until now. Everything about it,from this call to the heat getting turned up to those assinine banners and a "ring" flying overhead to the "Make It Personal" sign.
Anyway this call wasn't just a misinterepation of a rule,it was a call made on the basis of a rule that doesn't even exist.
That was the AFCC Game. Supposedly those refs were among the top 5 ranked in the league. How does a top-ranked ref make a call on a rule that doesn't even exist? That's a major "oops" imo. Obviously the league defines "Top-ranked" differently than I do :bricks:
This announcement suddenly made me realize that as I think about it,this whole game made me angry.
Manning saying "I went to Bill Belichick's school about discussing injuries" ticked me off for some reason.
God I hate the Colts.

Quit while you're ahead. Seriously.

Your team didn't get screwed in that game. You have patriots fans on their own board acknowledging that the colts won fair and square this game, which I agree with. At this point, with respect, you sound like someone trying to make himself (herself?) feel better about some arguably spotty calls in this game by bringing up the past, which is your prerogative, but something that (again, respectfully) should be done elsewhere and on your own time. Otherwise, it's dangerously close to nose rubbing. Just my .02.

was just trying to make a point to that other guy, it sucks to be on the wrong end of contraversial calls and I feel we have been on the wrong end in the past and it sucks...

actually I have been on here most of the day and have openly admitted the calls in this last game were bad and some bad ones went against the pats, just trying to make a point to that other guy that its a two way street and yes in that game there was two calls in a row that could have been called PI or holding that were not called, now would the colts win if they were called, you never know but they way they were playing im guessing they wouldn't have..now if I can come on your board and admit the Refs blew calls in the Colts favor im sure you can do the same and at least admit there could have been something called in that game on the Colts final drive and down by only 7..

Sorry, I don't agree. I think the Patriots did a better job of adjusting to how the officials were calling the game than the Colts did. That's football.

If it makes you feel better to equate the plays in that game with the plays under discussion in the most recent game, that's, as I said, your prerogative. I think they were in two entirely different categories. But ultimately it's a distinction without a difference, because the Patriots did not deserve the game this year, which is the last time I'm going to say that.

Sorry, I don't agree. I think the Patriots did a better job of adjusting to how the officials were calling the game than the Colts did. That's football.

If it makes you feel better to equate the plays in that game with the plays under discussion in the most recent game, that's, as I said, your prerogative. I think they were in two entirely different categories. But ultimately it's a distinction without a difference, because the Patriots did not deserve the game this year, which is the last time I'm going to say that.

I didn't say they were equal at all, in all 3 AFC Title games the Colts have been in there has been some kind of contraversy, 95 with K Stewart going out of bounds and coming back in for the reception not called, no replay back then, and the game between the Colts and Pats, your right on that, the pats adjusted to what the refs would allow and the Colts didn't, I think thats a very good way to put that...and this last game were there were some iffy calls and no calls, it just sucks that alot of these games are being decided by the refs and not the Players on the field..

I can't remember the last Colts game where there wasn't ref involvement. Typically it starts before the game is even played,continues during the game,and oftentimes continues after the game as well where it usually morphs into a new rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft