PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just as you got over last Sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why didn't the refs know the rules? Why didn't the backfield judge ignore the face guard if there is no rule against face guarding? Did the ref call an all-encompassing pass interference hoping a subrule would apply despite the lack of contact?
Ref: "Pass Interference on #27, for non contact,non faceguarding."

Jesus, that's a heartbreaker.

I agree, but even so, our defense may have only given up 25 or 28 points in 30 minutes instead of 32!

That's the real issue right there: a tired defense that couldn't stop the colts.

No shame. 2006 is over.

We hung as best we could.

Moving on...

I just can't think about what might have been, or what should have been - it's too painful, and no matter what should have been, it is what it is. Nothing is going to change it. We all know that we were "this close" to 4 Super Bowls in 6 years and our claim to immortality. But it didn't happen. Whether it was Ben Dreith, or an officiating mistake or two in this game, it didn't happen and we have to accept it and move on.

I say, the Patriots would do the right thing to just "let it go". There is nothing that can be done about it, at this point. And, of course, if we do any "protesting", the league and media will turn it on the Pats, saying that they just can't take defeat. We will be made to look like the "bad guys". They got what they wanted, Manning and the Colts in the SB. It is obvious that is what they wanted, and they got their wish. It looks like Polian, in all of his Belichick Penis Envy, was finally able to get things his way, and was able to stack the deck in his favor.

But, I say, let it go, it is pointless at this point, and we would be made out to be the villian, if we said anything in protest.

BEZPF76

Talking about it on "dale and holley" now!

I just can't think about what might have been, or what should have been - it's too painful, and no matter what should have been, it is what it is. Nothing is going to change it.
Yep, I just need to move on. But this crap is extra irritating given that those two calls were OBVIOUS and these are ALL STAR OFFICIALS.

As much as the blown call burns my ass the Pats had their chances regardless and couldn't close the deal. Still...as beat up physically as they were all year and with all the personnel changes...to come within 50 seconds of another SB trip...nothing short of amazing! MY hats off to them.

In my 4200 posts here (including previous monikers), i've never posted the same message in two threads.
But this is serious enough to violated protocol and do so.

Elsewhere i just said:

Until now i've been able to handle the loss pretty well ... starting at the moment
of the game-ending interception.

This, though, is devastating.
Especially coming after the zebra fiasco in Denver to end last season.

Because the officiating in the playoffs up until Sunday had been minimalist ...
and therefore good ...
i swallowed my ire at the this call, and other non-calls ...
and bought the familiar old "faceguarding" story.

So now i have to think that the league didn't so much clean up its officiating act
... as, mask its intent and activities better
- to avoid another firestorm of criticism and contempt like after the 2006 playoffs.

Y'all are right, that it is some compensation to know that the team we love doesn't stoop
to Polian-esque *****ing and moaning ...
but just swallows our medicine.

IndyColts685, maybe that is why Caldwell played it straight.

But i am beginning to wonder
how much of "directed outcomes"
my passion for pro football can continue to stomach.

As much as I hate to say this if ANYTHING BB and staff should have been aware of this change and challenged it. Either way you slice it we lost the game.

You can't challenge a PI call.

2nd, but it would have been 3rd and 7.

So Indy was given 18 yards and a first down, and NE had the same taken away from them.

Shocking. :rolleyes:

It is hard NOT to think about how crucial TWO blown calls were to this game. The refs (although I don't think they called a bad game overall) let the dolts back in this game...and kept them in it...with 2 bad calls......kind of a shame.....but on to next year.....GO BEARS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back