PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My $0.02 on the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
OK, let me try this.
I am sooooo sorry that while you spent 2 days arguing that no one bothered to ask you how you were feeling and make sure you werent frustrated.
I am soooo sorry that I did not immediately send you cheer-up balloons, and instead pointed out that you are responsible for the tone of an argument when you are holding up half of the argument, and choose to keep it going.

What do you want? You want to argue (and you method of arguing could easily be considered insulting by the way) then when you have had enough whine that someone was mean to poor you.
I disagree with your point. I suppose I could go back and read the exchanges between you and Wildo, and let you know if I feel you were 'harmed'. On the other hand, you could just get over it.

Okay, NOW you're treating me no better than him. You're clearly acting like everyone involved has been nothing but civil and rational and I'm RESPONSIBLE for any name calling that's been happening against myself. The only reason you're doing this is because I had the *nerve* to disagree with you and your mighty opinion. This is just unbelievable, and so is the fact that someone thought you were a good enough poster to be named a moderator. You notice other people have called your moderating into question in this thread?

Respond if you want, but I'm done with this thread. Go ahead and have the last word, moderator. While you're at it check out the football forum at somethingawful.com to see how a real mod does things.

Last edited:
Oh come on! I'm frustrated at the level of name calling. Name calling wasn't done to me? I was enjoying the debate but after a while the constant belittling and lack of real debate got to me.

This is a PATHETIC response from someone who moderates a forum. You have yet to acknowledge that I have a single point about anything, including the simple FACT that I've been constantly insulted in this thread.

OK, now you are going to have to direct me to the name calling,because I do not see it. Maybe I didn't go back far enough or something, but please show me the posts where you were called names. I havent found them yet.

I have no responsibility to acknowledge any point you make if I disagree with it, and I think Ive consistently disagreed with you. I do not see the evidence of the FACT that you have been insulted. Direct me to it so I can address this FACT.

I think calling my response PATHETIC is pretty insulting though, especially if I'm not just missing these insults and name calling episodes I havent found yet?

Okay, NOW you're treating me no better than him. You're clearly acting like everyone involved has been nothing but civil and rational and I'm RESPONSIBLE for any name calling that's been happening against myself. The only reason you're doing this is because I had the *nerve* to disagree with you and your mighty opinion. This is just unbelievable, and so is the fact that someone thought you were a good enough poster to be named a moderator. You notice other people have called your moderating into question in this thread?

Respond if you want, but I'm done with this thread. Go ahead and have the last word, moderator. While you're at it check out the football forum at somethingawful.com to see how a real mod does things.

Show me the name calling you are talking about.
If you are going to argue, you have to take resposnsiblity for hard feelings that get created. Didnt your mother ever tell you what everyones mother tells them: It takes 2 to fight?????
You seem to now be acting like you were unfairly attacked. SHOW ME EXAMPLES, because I went looking and have seen no more than people who simply think you are very wrong.

Booing is totally lame.

Attachments

• 512px-Padlock_svg.jpg
    512px-Padlock_svg.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 56
The message they sent: EVERYTHING THIS TEAM HAS DONE IS FORGOTTEN BY THE FANS AS SOON AS THEY PLAY POORLY. It was immature, disrespectful, and thankless.

My $0.02 is that you are overreacting. This was a sporting event. Cheers and Boos are common place reactions by fans at such events. A fan booing a very bad performance by a team that is usually very very good is not immature - it is an appropriate reaction. If I were at the stadium I would have booed too. It doesn't mean I don't love the team.

If I were a member of the team - my quote to the media "We deserved to be booed."

Show me the name calling you are talking about.
If you are going to argue, you have to take resposnsiblity for hard feelings that get created. Didnt your mother ever tell you what everyones mother tells them: It takes 2 to fight?????
You seem to now be acting like you were unfairly attacked. SHOW ME EXAMPLES, because I went looking and have seen no more than people who simply think you are very wrong.

CheerforTom,
I have seriously spent the last 15 minutes going back through this thread to find where you were called names or insulted, and I have not found anything.
Am I missing it, or are you making it up, or at least embellishing?

My $0.02 is that you are overreacting. This was a sporting event. Cheers and Boos are common place reactions by fans at such events. A fan booing a very bad performance by a team that is usually very very good is not immature - it is an appropriate reaction. If I were at the stadium I would have booed too. It doesn't mean I don't love the team.

If I were a member of the team - my quote to the media "We deserved to be booed."

Thats fine, you have your opinion. I just happen to disagree with it.
We disagree, its good we werent sitting next to each other on Sunday.

i do not consider it sanctimony, i honestly feel that someone who claims to be a fan of this team who felt it was appropriate to boo this team last Sunday is an irresponsible, undignified scumbag.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I really can't fathom the degree of hatefulness I've seen displayed in this thread. Nor can I understand why some people seem so personally offended by the reaction of some of the fans at the stadium on Sunday. It's as if they feel that it's somehow their mission in life to defend what they see as a diss to the pride and heritage of the Patriots organization. It's almost laughable.

This behavior is totally baffling to me (and by one of the moderators no less). After reading alot of his posts, it wouldn't surprise me if "Andy Johnson" is the alter ego/evil twin of one of the Mods on this board--a fictional straw man who trolls around making inflammatory posts/threads during down times to keep traffic up on this board.

Also, I think alot of this bizaar outrage over booing, etc. stems from people who have been spending too much time over at other teams' boards and other websites, hearing alot of gloating about the Miami loss and how the booing means that the Patriots are done, their fans are turncoats, etc. Obviously there are alot of troll posts to this effect. It seems like these "insults" have been to much to bear for some people around here and they're taking their anger out on other Patriot fans who are simply trying to be honest and objective about the team.

I really can't fathom the degree of hatefulness I've seen displayed in this thread. Nor can I understand why some people seem so personally offended by the reaction of some of the fans at the stadium on Sunday. It's as if they feel that it's somehow their mission in life to defend what they see as a diss to the pride and heritage of the Patriots organization. It's almost laughable.

This behavior is totally baffling to me (and by one of the moderators no less). After reading alot of his posts, it wouldn't surprise me if "Andy Johnson" is the alter ego/evil twin of one of the Mods on this board--a fictional straw man who trolls around making inflammatory posts/threads during down times to keep traffic up on this board.

Also, I think alot of this bizaar outrage over booing, etc. stems from people who have been spending too much time over at other teams' boards and other websites, hearing alot of gloating about the Miami loss and how the booing means that the Patriots are done, their fans are turncoats, etc. Obviously there are alot of troll posts to this effect. It seems like these "insults" have been to much to bear for some people around here and they're taking their anger out on other Patriot fans who are simply trying to be honest and objective about the team.

There is no anger involved at all.
I do not know why you assume I am angry.
I am stating my opinion. Booing the Patriots last Sunday was a classless act.
The fact that this opinion is unwavering and there is no rationalization or justification you can make that will change this opinion does not mean I am angry it means I find the actions reprehensible.
When people try to defend them and I disagree with them, that isn't anger, that has nothing to do with other boards--I have visited zero of them--it has to do with the fact that I believe the Patriots fans at the game, as a whole, acted as a low class, irresponsible hoard.
This is my opinion. It is my OBJECTIVE opinion. I have listened to every counter argument, and none have changed my opinion in the least.
There is no anger in any of my posts, and again, I don't know why you would expect you can detect that in typing. If there were any emotion it would be shame, as I would be embarrassed to be associated with people at the game representing Patriots fans, but I don't feel that because they do not represent me. I would be ashamed for the fans that booed if I cared about them.

When you pay over a 100 $ for a ticket, 40$ to park, 20 $ for a beer and hot dog and then players making 1000's of $ for that game you have a right to expect a decent effort. The defense clearly was in never never land and did not come with any enthusiasm. I know everyone has a work day when they don't feel up to par but they play once a week, and they are supposed to be having fun.

The only way a crowd can show its displeasure is by booing. It has nothing to do with past accomplishments, it has to do with the here and now.

It would be one thing if they lost because of a lousy QB but if the rest of the team chooses not to play that day how does the QB have a chance.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. If they don't like being booed, will they take our calls after the game?

When you pay over a 100 $ for a ticket, 40$ to park, 20 $ for a beer and hot dog and then players making 1000's of $ for that game you have a right to expect a decent effort. The defense clearly was in never never land and did not come with any enthusiasm. I know everyone has a work day when they don't feel up to par but they play once a week, and they are supposed to be having fun.

The only way a crowd can show its displeasure is by booing. It has nothing to do with past accomplishments, it has to do with the here and now.

It would be one thing if they lost because of a lousy QB but if the rest of the team chooses not to play that day how does the QB have a chance.

First, it is the utmost arrogance for you to decide that you can conclude whether or not they were trying.
Secondly, you certainly have every right to boo.
Every girl in America has the right to be a whore.
Every person has the right to ask their parents for $10,000 when they are 21 years old, and if they say no, tell them have a nice life you will never hear from me again.
Every person has the right to drive past the 80 year old woman broken down on the deserted country road and not stop to help.
Every person has the right to make fun of the disabled person
--In all of those cases, I am sure there are just as good justifications as "I paid to go to the game" and in all of those cases, just having the right to act how you want, does not make acting that way appropriate.

But hey, your parents are supposed to raise you. You have to live after that. If they have the $10,000 and you need it, its not about the past, its about the hear and now. The only thing they will listen to is you disowning them. How else will they know you disapprove of them not giving you the 10 grand?

So...it's a visceral emotional reaction to what one sees??? Pretty immature don't you think?? Mindless nonsense?? Seems like that.. So it's all about how much you pat? Is that why those that don't go to the game should not be criticized??

Alright man, you're right. I'm a jackass and the Patriots'll be happy to have me off the bandwagon. I'm done "debating" with you. Thanks for allowing me to see the wisdom of your ways.

And since you didn't answer me (I'm guessing you didn't see it through your blind rage) I'll assume that's you in your signature, which I've pretty much been doing all along given the giant scowl on his face.

Fans at Gillette booed the Pats when they lost 41-17 to the Chargers back in 2005, even coming off of their third Super Bowl victory in 4 years. Funny - but I don't recall a lot of self-righteous fans decrying the booing back then... maybe it was just that fans had higher standards back then and weren't as accepting as a very very subpar performance.

Bottom line - when a 1-17 team makes an 18-0 team look like a 1-17 team (or an 18-0 team plays like a 1-17 team), I think its safe to expect that many fans are going to boo (I'm just counting the regular season games from this and the last season)

And no matter what anyone here thinks about that, determining when its politically correct for other fans to boo and cheer - if the team gives that same type of sub-par performance, they'll boo yet again.

Last edited:
First, it is the utmost arrogance for you to decide that you can conclude whether or not they were trying.
Secondly, you certainly have every right to boo.
Every girl in America has the right to be a whore.
Every person has the right to ask their parents for $10,000 when they are 21 years old, and if they say no, tell them have a nice life you will never hear from me again.
Every person has the right to drive past the 80 year old woman broken down on the deserted country road and not stop to help.
Every person has the right to make fun of the disabled person
--In all of those cases, I am sure there are just as good justifications as "I paid to go to the game" and in all of those cases, just having the right to act how you want, does not make acting that way appropriate.

But hey, your parents are supposed to raise you. You have to live after that. If they have the $10,000 and you need it, its not about the past, its about the hear and now. The only thing they will listen to is you disowning them. How else will they know you disapprove of them not giving you the 10 grand?

Wow. This has got to be the worst list of analogies I have ever seen. You understand we are talking about booing a football team correct? :rolleyes: What a laughable post, comparing booing the pats (after they stunk up the joint) to making fun of a disabled person?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! Man, thanks for the laugh!

Last edited:
Bottom line - when a 1-17 team makes an 18-0 team look like a 1-17 team (or an 18-0 team plays like a 1-17 team), I think its safe to expect that many fans are going to boo (I'm just counting the regular season games from this and the last season)

You bring up a point that needs to be addressed. The Patriots are not an 18-1 team this year and the Dolphins are not a 1-15 team this year.

Last year is done, this year is completely different, who cares what the Patriots were last year, who cares what the Dolphins were last year, it is THIS YEAR.

Patsfans need to realize that this year will be nothing like last year. Patsfans should have diminished expectations this year due to the fact that the best player in the NFL is out for the year.

Unranked Oregon State just shocked number 1 USC, what better example of preconceived notions by fans that teams are good or bad based on previous seasons. The Trojans were overrated and the Ducks were underrated.

The Patriots were overrated and Miami was underrated.

Wow. This has got to be the worst list of analogies I have ever seen. You understand we are talking about booing a football team correct? :rolleyes: What a laughable post, comparing booing the pats (after they stunk up the joint) to making fun of a disabled person?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! Man, thanks for the laugh!

That's not the purpose of the analogy. The logic used to defend the children that booed and left early is that paying for something gives you the right to act whatever way you want. It's dumb logic since as he shows, having the right to do something doesn't mean you should.

Last edited:
That's not the purpose of the analogy. The logic used to defend the children that booed and left early is that paying for something gives you the right to act whatever way you want. It's dumb logic since as he shows, having the right to do something doesn't mean you should.
THAT is the analogy...there are MANY options in life in many ways having the RIGHT to do something..doesn't mean it is the correct path...
My question is more if people are really fans, why are you booing?? If there were Fins fans at that game..they would boo the Patriots as well...as they are MIAMI fans.. so...what does that say??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes