PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My $0.02 on the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably i have a different culture but from my point of view i really have difficulties to understand why fans 'booed' and why left the stadiums so quick

the fan should be a fan in the bad and good times; also if we struggled i would have been eventually silent at the stadium but nothing more then that

I think the Pats deserved to get booed on Sunday as they mailed it in. Get off your high horse.

And then I think you are childish, unappreciative and wrong.

You twisted my words. I said the average fan at Gillette has gotten free entertainment, I didn't say they got free entertainment at Gillette. The NFL gives free entertainment to millions of fans. They don't owe you ****.

Right, the NFL is like Santa or Jesus, they just love to give away free entertainment to all their loving fans.

In this day and age especially the NFL is nothing but a business, both from the organizational and player point of view. Surely you've seen this on both sides from players such as Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel and Deion Branch.

Like with any business, you're being very naive if you think anything is being given to us for "free". The NFL makes millions of dollars off of its contracts with the networks, and the reason this is the case is because millions of people sit down in front of their TVs every Sunday to watch. You simply can't take fans out of the equation, everything revolves around them.

And please tell me you didn't actually quote the Simpsons expecting it to prove a point for you.

What is in your signature?? Is that a Jets fan with a cheesehead thing?

Last edited:
probably i have a different culture but from my point of view i really have difficulties to understand why fans 'booed' and why left the stadiums so quick

the fan should be a fan in the bad and good times; also if we struggled i would have been eventually silent at the stadium but nothing more then that

You don't find soccer fans get pretty bad? I'm honestly curious, I've never been to Italy.

You keep repeating about the 21 game win streak. I think that means more to you than it does others.

Please. Easy on the sanctimony with the responsibility and dignity stuff.

its not the specific streak, its the fact that its one bad day on the heels of many, many good days.

i do not consider it sanctimony, i honestly feel that someone who claims to be a fan of this team who felt it was appropriate to boo this team last Sunday is an irresponsible, undignified scumbag. I would say that to their face, but I'd guarantee you they wouldn't boo Patriot players to their face.

i do not consider it sanctimony, i honestly feel that someone who claims to be a fan of this team who felt it was appropriate to boo this team last Sunday is an irresponsible, undignified scumbag. I would say that to their face, but I'd guarantee you they wouldn't boo Patriot players to their face.

You're judging the entire personalities of a whole group based on one singular action? I hope you're not teaching your kids to do that.

Is it possible these people just feel differently than you do about the role of booing?

The problem with this thread (and this issue) is that Andy and others have a very specific idea of what booing "means" which is nothing but an opinion, though him and the others arguing with him have yet to admit that. The reason I don't think Hobbs should have spoken out (beyond the giant wedge it has created between the fans here - and we ALL are fans) is that it gives validation to one single opinion.

This is why the Brady quote is important - because it proves that there is more than one answer here and that the Patriots as an organization aren't represented by Ellis Hobbs' comments, as some people seem to want to believe.

For someone who screams and cries about assumptions, this sure is a big one.

I have never said I was giving any more than an opinion.
I will assume that you were one of the fans who booed, so I will tell you my opinion is you are a low class, undignified scumbag. If you werent a fan who booed, then I'l reserve my opinion on you.

You are also a hypocrit. Hobbs was wrong to comment because it validates an opinion???????? Booing validates an opinion too. Hobbs was booed AT. He has every right, and a lot more right than you, to offer an opinion.

You really, really didn't. Read your own post. What do you think of the fact that Tom Brady disagrees with you? Our opinions mean nothing to you, that's clear, but does his? Can you REALLY imagine Brady saying "well yeah I feel that booing is okay in a Championship game but not when we had a winning streak, come on fans!".

That second part was incredibly arrogant. Oh sorry I forgot, we're the entitled scumbags who don't deserve the team. Like you, I wasn't at the game and so I can't be who you're talking about.

As I said I answered.
First, it is obtuse to pretend that Tom Bradys response after winning a championship game to the media asking him about booing is his real true opinion.
Second, my moral compass is what it is, and is not influenced by what Tom Brady thinks is right or wrong.

its not the specific streak, its the fact that its one bad day on the heels of many, many good days.

honestly Andy, you've really gone over the top now. Why don't we just round up all the fans that booed and shoot them?

I have never said I was giving any more than an opinion.
I will assume that you were one of the fans who booed, so I will tell you my opinion is you are a low class, undignified scumbag. If you werent a fan who booed, then I'l reserve my opinion on you.

Thank you for not passing judgment on me, O Andy. I wasn't at the game on Sunday. Even if I was, that's an amazing assumption to make about somebody.

You are also a hypocrit. Hobbs was wrong to comment because it validates an opinion???????? Booing validates an opinion too. Hobbs was booed AT. He has every right, and a lot more right than you, to offer an opinion.

First of all a hypocrit is something that says one thing and does another. I haven't done anything.

Second, you do bring up an interesting point that I hadn't thought of. What do you mean by booing validates an opinion? I don't really see how that's the same as what I said about Hobbs' comments. He may have the SAME right as me, why would he have MORE right? Please don't say because he was booed by scumbags, that's circular logic.

As I said I answered.
First, it is obtuse to pretend that Tom Bradys response after winning a championship game to the media asking him about booing is his real true opinion.
Second, my moral compass is what it is, and is not influenced by what Tom Brady thinks is right or wrong.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/139247-my-0-02-crowd.html#post1058746
What is your point?
Do you need to search the internet for a quote from Tom Brady to reach a moral opinion?
Do you need to hear what Tom Brady said to a reporter (lets not kid ourselves that he is truly speaking his mind when he speaks to a reporter) to decide whether you think something is inappropriate.
Why dont you just not respond and say that you have no comment but will agree with whatever Tom Brady says if he decides to answer for you?
After all, he's a great QB, so he should be the one doing all of our thinking for us right?

No. You didn't. Are you interested in debating like I am, or are you interested in being dishonest and calling names? Seems like something a scumbag would do...

This is Andy. Andy cry's when people boo a football team that is playing with no heart and getting smashed by the worst team in football.

Hey Andy - HARDEN THE F@CK UP!

chopper_1.jpg

Harden up? You make it sound like I feel bad for the players.
My point was anything but that.
My point was that the fans who booed are immature, disrespectful scumbags.

You don't find soccer fans get pretty bad? I'm honestly curious, I've never been to Italy.

IPP can answer for himself, but I'll agree with him.

Yes, soccer fans are often terrible. They identify with their teams to the point of fanaticism and violence. They don't sit back and say "hmm.... I've paid for this entertainment and, since I expect the guys to win all the time, I'd better let them know I'm not happy with their performance by booing". In the worst times, soccer fans turn on the owners or managers but only really rarely their own team.

This is Andy. Andy cry's when people boo a football team that is playing with no heart and getting smashed by the worst team in football.

Hey Andy - HARDEN THE F@CK UP!

chopper_1.jpg

It's New England nobody cares what they did yesterday its all about today.. what have you done for me lately

Again, my point has never been any of that, it has been about the tremendous lack of character it took for those people to boo this team on that day.

You're judging the entire personalities of a whole group based on one singular action? I hope you're not teaching your kids to do that.

Is it possible these people just feel differently than you do about the role of booing?

So now you are going to take the 'they didnt mean anything by it' approach?
Please.

Again, my point has never been any of that, it has been about the tremendous lack of character it took for those people to boo this team on that day.
I agree totally..immature. disrestectful and unappreciative.

Boo all you want as far as I am concerned..but it does show the character...or in this case lack of it. Most of those that booed will be far gone when Brady and CoachB are gone..and the team is in a down era.

Right, the NFL is like Santa or Jesus, they just love to give away free entertainment to all their loving fans.

In this day and age especially the NFL is nothing but a business, both from the organizational and player point of view. Surely you've seen this on both sides from players such as Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel and Deion Branch.

Like with any business, you're being very naive if you think anything is being given to us for "free". The NFL makes millions of dollars off of its contracts with the networks, and the reason this is the case is because millions of people sit down in front of their TVs every Sunday to watch. You simply can't take fans out of the equation, everything revolves around them.

And please tell me you didn't actually quote the Simpsons expecting it to prove a point for you.

What is in your signature?? Is that a Jets fan with a cheesehead thing?

You watch it on t.v. for free. I never said anything about the NFL not making money. If you read properly you would see that I said "mutually beneficial." Yes I quoted the Simpsons because it's analogous to this situation; you being comic book guy and me being Bart (in case you couldn't figure it out). I didn't quote it to "prove my point," I quoted it as a humorous exmple of how stupid and demanding the average consumer (you) is.

Again, the NFL entertains you and advertising pays the NFL. You do nothing for the team except occasionally buy a ticket. Yes, there are millions of you, which should put into perspective how much your idiotic displeasure with them actually means.

honestly Andy, you've really gone over the top now. Why don't we just round up all the fans that booed and shoot them?

I'm not saying they need to be shot, I am saying it is a low-life, lack of character act. Maybe I go too far and say that makes them low-life, lack of character people based on that action.
In fairness I should be saying the ACTED LIKE LOWLIFE SCUMBAGS, because I'd need more examples to prove the ARE low-life scumbags.

So now you are going to take the 'they didnt mean anything by it' approach?
Please.

Why do you get to say what they meant by it?

Or are you commenting on the effect it had (on the players)? Because Hobbs said that he didn't like it, but Brady disagreed. That tells me there isn't one real answer here and people should be allowed to do what they want. Not that all people who boo are "immature, disrespectful scumbags".

Remember, you're arguing in favor of 'booing is bad' (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm arguing NOT that 'booing is good' but 'people should be able to do what they want in this instance without being disrespected by other people'.

I'm not saying they need to be shot, I am saying it is a low-life, lack of character act. Maybe I go too far and say that makes them low-life, lack of character people based on that action.
In fairness I should be saying the ACTED LIKE LOWLIFE SCUMBAGS, because I'd need more examples to prove the ARE low-life scumbags.

That would be fair and MUCH more reasonable. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News