Welcome to PatsFans.com

My $0.02 on the crowd

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AndyJohnson, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think that fans have a right to act however they want. I think that fans also need to recognize that they contribute to the identity of their team.
    The fans that booed the Pats as they lost to end a 21 game winning streak embarrassed the rest of the fans of this team, because they spoke nationally for all of us.
    The message they sent: EVERYTHING THIS TEAM HAS DONE IS FORGOTTEN BY THE FANS AS SOON AS THEY PLAY POORLY.
    Thats it end of story. Booing a team indicates disgust with them. If the entire fan base of the New England Patriots is justified to be disgusted by anything that happens in one day after what the team has done over the last 7 years, then I am disgusted to be part of it.
    It was immature, disrespectful, and thankless.
  2. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Ellis Hobbs should have never commented on the situation even if he was partially correct.
  3. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree with this, and I wonder if BB had anything to say to him afterward.
  4. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Why?
    If fans have a right to commnicate how they feel to the player why doesnt the player have a right to communicate how he feels back to the fans.

I think Hobbs should have felt offended and insulted and I am glad he commented.
    And he was totally correct.
  5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +71 / 3 / -0

My Jersey:

Why because the fans pay the salaries, and players should be seen and not heard while fans should be able to pillory players, coaches and the like at will...

oh, wait, because Brady once was o.k. with booing in a Championship game....

wait, because it was a blowout and not just a 'regular' loss....

Give the boo birds time and they'll try convincing you that booing during that game was their "Patriotic" duty.
  6. ChoWZa

ChoWZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Ellis Hobbs is 100% right. If you don't like it you were probably one of the ones boo'ing. They lose one game, have one bad day, and suddenly all their success amounts to nothing? What did you expect 16-0 seasons every year?

Give me a break.

The Pats fanbase is horrid.
  7. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Agree one hundred percent. Add to that that Hobbs has been a stellar performer this season.
  8. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Read what he said carefully. Do you really think that he was talking only about a Championship game and that in the regular season it would have been different? Or are you reading it so that it supports your own point of view? I'm talking to everyone in this thread regardless of the position they support, including myself.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  9. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What is your point?
    Do you need to search the internet for a quote from Tom Brady to reach a moral opinion?
    Do you need to hear what Tom Brady said to a reporter (lets not kid ourselves that he is truly speaking his mind when he speaks to a reporter) to decide whether you think something is inappropriate.
    Why dont you just not respond and say that you have no comment but will agree with whatever Tom Brady says if he decides to answer for you?
    After all, he's a great QB, so he should be the one doing all of our thinking for us right?
  10. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't give a crap about how the rest of the Country feels about the booing. They hate our guts anyway.

I also don't care to live in 2004. God knows the players on the team don't talk about the past. This is 2008 and the "performance" on Sunday was a disgrace.
  11. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It goes the other way, as well. Hobbs calling out the fans for booing amplified this to much higher levels. That's why I expressed that I don't think he should have said anything.

As it is, my view is that I really love Brady's attitude and I think it would be my own if I was a player: Brady was obviously frustrated that his team couldn't score, and he empathized with the fans in their booing. I don't know if I'd say he encouraged them to, but he certainly indicated that he feels it's appropriate. If he feels it's appropriate, why not?

What's your response to what Brady said? Particularily the part about "I would be booing up there too if I was them".
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I agree the fans should be ashamed of themselves.

The fans should be cheering the most one sided loss in the history of Gillette Stadium, even if it did come against a team coming off a 1-15 season.

What the hell were they thinking about?
  13. WhoaDirty

WhoaDirty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If there a couple more lacklustre efforts like the one on Sunday, would you be OK with booing? I'm curious if those most offended by the booing are feeling that way because it was the Pats' first bad game, or just booing in general.
  14. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think if you had understood what he said..you would not be asking a question like that...
  15. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And the 'performance' of the fans was a disgrace.
    Patriot fans looked like a kid in a toy store crying beacause he couldnt get everything he wanted.
  16. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The thing that Andy is forgetting is that there was booing going on in 2002 and 2005 at Gillette.

And lets not forget the 41-10 arse kicking the Falcons gave us in 1998. Ugly game & ugly crowd getting all over the Pats. That was after the Pats won back to back AFCE titles in 1996 & 1997.
  17. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Why don't we put it this way:

If we hadn't been coming off of a 21 game winning streak, would people have booed this game? Would you guys be offended the way you are? Because I don't get the feeling people boo with specific details and history in mind, they boo something that they see right in front of their eyes and are reacting to it as is appropriate at a sporting event.
  18. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So your position is when someone does something wrong, then the 'wronged party' responds and it escalates, the blame falls to the 2nd person? That is bizarre. We are going to criticze Hobbs for speaking about the inappropriate actions of the fans, because if Hobbs didnt say anything it would have died down?
    So you hit me and I hit you back, and its my fault because it would have ended if I stopped??????????

As far as Brady, I already told you what I think.

You sound like a 5 year old who got caught doing something wrong and is no trying to bargain into why it wasn't so wrong.
  19. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

There really should be a forum on this board for the I'm a better Pats fan than other Pats fan posts.
  20. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No, the should be acting maturely, appreciative of what the team has done, and treating the team with the respect it has earned. If these were the Jets with their track record out there, booing would have been appropriate.

I GUARANTEE YOU the same people booing on Sunday are the same people who come on this board and trash other teams fans saying how great the Patriots are, how we kicked oyur @sses, etc. If you are going to revel in the success have some pride, respect, dignity and maturity on the day the success isnt there.
  21. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

To me its not about being a better fan, its about being a jerk or not.
    A fan who can boo the Patriots on the day a 21 game win streak is broken is a total jerk in my opinion. Low class, immature, ignorant, scumbag.

So, I shouldn't have to say much more. Those that booed are whatever kind of fans they believe they are, but I consider them low-class, immature, ignorant, scumbag PEOPLE.
  22. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Booing is sending a big F-U to the team. Anyone who sends an F-U to a team without considering what that team has done recently doesnt deserve the time it takes to speak aobut them.
  23. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

In a nutshell: The fans who paid to attend the game should have applauded the Pats effort on Sunday based on the last 7 years. Gotcha :rolleyes:
  24. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No, they should have acted like grownups, not immature scumbags.
  25. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I've got pretty simple rules that I tend to follow.

When players play well, they get cheered.

When they play badly, I don't cheer.

When they play well below what they are capable of, I boo.

There's no statute of limitations on how many games following a winning streak that prohibits booing. Though there shoud be a statute of limitations on how many threads about booing we should have.

Maybe some of the players are upset about the fans who showed up and booed.

Give the fans some credit - at least they showed up.
  26. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And you know what, yes, at the point the 21 game win streak ended, yes, the fans in attendence should have applauded the team for it. But what do I know, I'm just thinking when I raise my kids to act like responsible, dignified people, it should cover all of their lives, including when they are in a large group and can hide from detection.
  27. muzz

muzz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

That sig is the perfect example of what happened.
    Professional Sports IS part of the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS, they are paid LARGE sums of $ to ENTERTAIN.

A blue collar guy and his 2 friends from CT. each save up for a year and a 1/2 to take their respective families of 5 to be entertained at Gillette Stadium, each Father has to fork out $89x5($445) for really bad nose bleed seats, but hey they aren't the lousy upper corner seats, and We're going to the game!!!!
    Must stop at the gas station to fill up, glad we have the mini-van (20 mpg if lucky) for all the Fam. , it'll take a full tank ($75), but hey We're going to the game!!
    The kids and the wife need drinks and snacks for the 3hr ride...that's $20, buy hey We're going to the game!!
    " Agnes hurry up outta the bathroom, we're gonna be late for the game"!!

They get to the Stadium, and get wacked with a $40ea parking.....hey, NP We're going to the game!!!!

For food and drinks before kickoff they drop another $50, at the half they do it again(another $50).....boy this is starting to get expensive, but hey We're at the game!!

" Man Petey, I can hardly see the field....."
    "Yeah, these 10x50 Binocs sure come in handy when you stand still and use the guy next to ya as a tripod....should've brought yours, I can actually see the players jersey # with these, but man are these really the Patriot Players, they look awful"?
    “Maybe they are doing a movie about football….wait… the game clock say’s that it’s the 3rd qtr,, see if that guy on the sideline looks like Bill B”
    “Yeah Joe, it looks something like him, but he has this pained look on his face”
    “Look at the score!! These are the Dolphins, we are the Patriots……….ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGH”
    “Daddy……Dad…. tug tug….”
    “Yeah Sweetheart”
    “I think I had an accident, and lil Joey fell down and has a BOO BOO”..
    “O sh@X, Joey boy, how is your BOO BOO are you ok son”?
    “BOO BOO Hurts bad Daddy…….waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh”
    “XHETHJGFMKHYT>UK, glad I save for 1 ½ yrs for this, my Team looks like DOO DOO, and 2 of my kids had accidents…next time I’ll stick my fingers in a car door jamb and slam the door 5 times”

445+75+20+40+50+50= $680

Great entertainment there for certain.
  28. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Where was your outrage in 2002 and 2005 when the Pats were booed at Gillette?

Not to mention the other 3000 times the fans have booed the Pats in Foxboro.

Were the fans booing in your section on Sunday? If so, did you tell them that they were immature scumbags?
  29. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Gotcha, it was time to send a big F-U to the Patriots. I will be watching for all of the vicarious pride you attempt to take from them going forward.
  30. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If you are giving the fans credit for showing up to see a team that had won 21 straight regular season games, 3 Super Bowls this decade, 16-0 last year and everything else, your standards are too low.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.