PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My $0.02 on the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL the Steelers are winning now. This is just like the game in '05 I went to at Heinz (Pats-Steelers) where people were LEAVING the stadium when we were driving to go ahead by 7 and Steelers came back to tie it. Sorry, these are BOTH way better performances than the Patriots performance last Sunday and the team still got booed.

Those boos really affected the Steelers as they are now winning and the crowd is going bonkers.

Tune, AndyJ & Patswhatever your name is: Booing doesn't affect the team. Get it?

If you also want to live in Fantasyland where folks believe that booing helps a team win, JoeSixPats is selling memberships.

I never claimed to have polled all NFL players or refused to admit it. What are you smoking?

You've ruled out any possiblity whatsoever that ANY players in the HISTORY of the NFL have taken criticism of the fans as a challenge to play better. Read your own posts on this issue.

Did Herm specify the fans, or are you just imagining again? Whenever I've heard a player pull out the "respect" card, it's always been in reference to opponents and the press. I've never heard of a team's own fans being cited in that complaint.

Herm said "Nobody Respects You" - and used that to inspire the team.

Nobody. He didn't say "Nobody Respects you - with the exception of the fans"

He didn't say "Nobody Respect you - and by that I mean only the media and the opposing players" as you insist he means - even though he said nothing of the sort.

He inspired his team by saying "Nobody Respects You" - which completely trumps your unsupportable argument that fan criticism cannot, does not, never will, and never in the history of the NFL fire up a team to react positively.

No, I've said that their ignorance and stupidity is observed by the players. It doesn't motivate them, it just amazes them.

Given the fact that the KC players deny your assertion that a lack of respect could never inspire them to win, I think you need to reassess that point - as well as your assertion that all NFL players react the same way to a lack of respect, and that you know what it is.

Why, specifically, do you assume it would include the fans? Did Herm say so? Chiefs fans are known for really supporting the team. Do you know for a fact they booed them?

Again, why would you assume that when Edwards says "Nobody" he means your definition of "Nobody" which is only members of the media and opposing players - and excludes the fans, who give the most direct, real time show of respect or disrespect to the players, at the game itself. Your delusions and denial that the definition of "Nobody" excludes the fans is pretty laughable.

I know what my posts say. I would recommend you read them twice before responding yourself, as you surely are putting words in my mouth and making outrageous interpretations of very clear points.

You have been very clear. You're right, and everyone else is wrong. Fan disrespect could NEVER have a positive outcome - even as the KC Chief players say it did. Isn't it time for you to admit that there might be a diversity of views among the players on how they view fans who aren't willing to accept mediocrity from their teams?

What? No, I said that when coaches/players pull the lack of respect card, they're normally referring exclusively to opponents and the media.

Nobody means Nobody. Nobody doesn't mean "opponents and media"

Why is it so tough for you to accept the fact that you don't have a monopoly on knowing how each and every player in the NFL reacts to fan criticism - especially in light of the fact that Edwards used the disrespect of EVERYONE to inspire his team to win?

No, I never made that claim. I simply acknowledged that sometimes, players and coaches pull the lack of respect card citing derision by opponents and the media. I've never, ever heard of fans being put in the same pot. If they say it did, then it did. Still waiting for you to offer some evidence this had something to do with fans booing. You better come up with something soon, because each post you make makes you look sillier than the last.

Sorry my friend - you were the one looking silly right from the start when you decreed that you alone knew that all pro athletes react exactly the same to fan criticism, and that a lack of fan respect could NEVER inspire a team to win.

Denying that a lack of respect of everybody inspired them to win, and trying to define "nobody" to a very specific "only media and opposing team players" is making you look even sillier.

Last edited:
If you also want to live in Fantasyland where folks believe that booing helps a team win, JoeSixPats is selling memberships.

As is Herm Edwards, credited by his players for using the disrespect of EVERYONE to inspire them to win on Sunday, even though Tunescribe, Pats726 and AndyJohnson REALLY wish it weren't so.

Imagine that - although all the above have convinced themselves that the disrespect or criticism of fans have NEVER inspired a team to win, here we are, within the last 24 hours, and we have an example, and admission, by a player himself, that Herm Edwards admonition to his team that "Nobody Respects You" served as the team's inspiration for a win.

First time in the history of the NFL if you believe that all those guys have a monopoly on football wisdom and the thinking process of every pro athlete to ever play the game when it comes to fan booing.

Quel Coincidence!

Last edited:
As is Herm Edwards, credited by his players for using the disrespect of EVERYONE to inspire them to win on Sunday, even though Tunescribe, Pats726 and AndyJohnson REALLY wish it weren't so.

You are getting beyond silly, Joe. By your definition, EVERYONE would include Herm and the players themselves, plus Herm's wife and kids, the hotdog vendor and Britney Spears.

Booing doesn't hurt. If the Pats players are affected by it (as you claim) then they have issues. If you weren't so stubborn you would understand that.

Imagine that - although all the above have convinced themselves that the disrespect or criticism of fans have NEVER inspired a team to win, here we are, within the last 24 hours, and we have an example, and admission, by a player himself, that Herm Edwards admonition to his team that "Nobody Respects You" served as the team's inspiration for a win.

First time in the history of the NFL if you believe that all those guys have a monopoly on football wisdom and the thinking process of every pro athlete to ever play the game when it comes to fan booing.

Quel Coincidence!

I think its time for you and I to give up on this. Tunescribe, AndyJ and Patswhatever will never understand that other teams fans boo.

Only Pats fans are classless, drunken, good for nothing yahoos.

Booing doesn't hurt. If the Pats players are affected by it (as you claim) then they have issues. If you weren't so stubborn you would understand that.

Have you read this thread, Goofy? I never claimed the players are affected by booing. Just the opposite -- they blow it off as ignorance in action.

I think its time for you and I to give up on this. Tunescribe, AndyJ and Patswhatever will never understand that other teams fans boo.

No one here has suggested that fans of other teams don't boo.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. You guys have carried this discussion to the breaking point. Please just back away from the keyboard. :deadhorse:

Have you read this thread, Goofy? I never claimed the players are affected by booing. Just the opposite -- they blow it off as ignorance in action.

Ignorance? Ellis "I celebrate every tackle" Hobbs says something about the fans and you take that as the fans at Gillette being ignorant? Wow.

With the small exception of Ellis Hobbs - who's you might recall decided NOT to blow it off and in fact felt strongly enough about fans criticism of the team's performance to go out of his way to make comments to the media, inspired this debate in the first place.

Hey - I'm beginning to think that maybe you don't know how every player in the NFL reacts to booing after all! ;)

So when Herm Edwards says "Nobody" you define that as "only the media and the opposing players" and when you say "blow it off" you define that as "go out of his way to comment to the media about it"?

Last edited:
Ignorance? Ellis "I celebrate every tackle" Hobbs says something about the fans and you take that as the fans at Gillette being ignorant? Wow.

Gainzo, read the thread. You obviously haven't.

And KC Chiefs fans - although their disrespect has the distinction of serving as inspiration for their team to go out and beat the Broncos.... something deemed "impossible" just hours ago.

With the small exception of Ellis Hobbs - who's you might recall decided NOT to blow it off and in fact felt strongly enough about fans criticism of the team's performance to go out of his way to make comments to the media, inspired this debate in the first place.

Hey - I'm beginning to think that maybe you don't know how every player in the NFL reacts to booing after all! ;)

So when Herm Edwards says "Nobody" you define that as "only the media and the opposing players" and when you say "blow it off" you define that as "go out of his way to comment to the media about it"?

Hobbs didn't go out of his way to solicit an opinion to the media. He was asked a question. And what did he say? He said he was not upset by the booing, just amazed. It was a very typical reaction.

And KC Chiefs fans - although their disrespect has the distinction of serving as inspiration for their team to go out and beat the Broncos.... something deemed "impossible" just hours ago.

In other news, tunescribe thinks I can't read. He's a stubborn prick but thank god he is on our side as a Pats fan.........I think.

Let me make just one more point for Tunescribe et al

They seem to have no problem accepting that crticism, negative feedback, disrepect of coaches influences a player and team to play harder or better (They have no choice but to accept an example of Parcells disparaging Terry Glen to inspire him to set a rookie receiving record.)

They just rule out that the disrespect of fans can have any impact whatsoever

So if coaches can influence players and a team, who can influence the coaches?

Well the team owners of course.

And do Tunescribe, AJ, Pats726 et all accept the notion that the team owner is cognizent of the approval or disapproval of the fans? (voiced by the fans as cheers or boos, for those who are having a tough time keeping up with me)

Why, I think even Tunescribe, AJ and Pats726 would have to admit that the owners are VERY cognizant of the approval or disapproval of their fans regarding the team's performance and willingness to give full effort at all times.

So let me recap - the fans can affect the owner, who can affect the coach, who can affect the players.

Ergo, even if Tunescribe and others want to delude themselves that "Nobody Respects You" means "Nobody - and by that I don't mean the fans - Respects You" - they can't deny that, ergo, the fans approval or lack thereof does have an impact on the team.

just read through this entire thread...uh....anybody got any broken glass I can chew on?...I'll willingly step in and take your appointment for that triple root canal..

Just thought I'd throw it out there, but at the end of the 1st half in last night's game when the Steelers took a knee (after a pretty poor showing up to that point), the Pittsburgh fans could be heard booing...

Tell me, how many professional football players have you talked to about this subject, one-to-one? I've spoken with several -- at least a dozen, in which this topic came up specifically. To them, booing means one thing: how ignorant and misguided fans can be. Most of them won't share their opinions publically because of how narrow-minded folks like yourself are. But booing does not motivate them to perform better.

Get back to me after you've had a chance to speak with NFL players on this topic.

Not trying to get in the middle of this nice convo but I found the info below interesting. I cant see the video right now so if someone could check this out it would be interesting:

NFL Video Galleries

Big Ben said the hometown boos incited his halftime tirade, which sparked the offense to play better.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw it out there, but at the end of the 1st half in last night's game when the Steelers took a knee (after a pretty poor showing up to that point), the Pittsburgh fans could be heard booing...

Thats nothing new in Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes