PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy tries to clear the air and say he wants to be here.

All this does is provide grist for the ass-cavities like Felger, Borges and el al, to spin it into a lot of stories. Simply, because they are too dumb and too incompetent, to find any real news about the team to print.:rolleyes:

Randy can't win this PR battle with actual sincerity and honesty. The ass wipes don't want sincerity, they want stories. It is easy to understand why Belichick speaks in platitudes and so do most of all the other athletes, in self defense.:(

So the Mediots, whose job is to provide information, work to make sure none is actually provided.:mad:

randy's comments werent too bad IMO.just the timing was bad. we have wayne,welker etc who are waiting on contract extensions too but they didnt go up the podium and say it. i dont know if he meant what he said to have it turn out the way it did but thats his whole problem.
Agree with all of that. We expect athletes to sound intelligent when they speak publicly, and when they do say things on camera, most of them just string cliche's together. They get into trouble when they speak about what's really on their mind, and their inability to communicate and relate to the average fan comes out.

Q: "How's your relationship with Mr. Kraft?"
A: "Ummm...It's OK...ummm..."

He should have said, "Mr. Kraft pays me a freaking fortune to stay in shape and use my genetically-fortunate body to play football! I can't believe how lucky I am!...But I wish I could get a contract extension and I'd be better off never speaking with you idiots in the press ever again."

I just listened to the presser. I don't think he said anything that out of place. In fact you have to take away from it that he WANTS... really wants to stay in NE. That bodes well for the team. I hope they get a deal done with him because he is very important to this offense. I thought he came across pretty well. He seemed open and honest about how he really wants to be here, how he wants the approval of his coaches and teammates, and he loves the Pats.

Does it bother anyone else that, among athletes across the major sports, Boston has a reputation for being a miserable town to play in? Moss essentially voiced a sentiment that's been a running tradition for Boston stars dating back to Ted Williams, and maybe further: he loves playing for his Boston team, but he doesn't like playing for Boston (media and fans). I don't blame him, we seem to take a truly bizarre pride in tearing down our own. We've elevated petty vindictiveness against our players to some kind of a trollish art form. Never understood it, never will.

Back in the Bill Russell era it was largely a race thing, and some would say that that still factors in, I don't think that's a fair way to frame it up (although I do wonder why Maroney's 'made of glass' and Edelman's considered superman). I think it's more a case of the medium becoming the message, and all of the negatives that come with that territory. Boston's a big, competitive market, and people (Bostonians, in particular) flock to negativity. Luckily the Pats, Celtics and Sox are all coached by exceptional motivators who are good at preserving team unity. That's what's necessary for teams to succeed in Boston.

Look no further than this message board for proof of Boston's negativity. The Pats are winning 31-3, on the back of a defense that was thought suspect AT BEST, and this message board is fine. Randy Moss is seen as complaining, and people can't log on fast enough to trash him and try to run him out of time.

Last edited:
Having finally watched it, I wasn't thrilled that it happened, but I do feel like this is being WILDLY overblown -- by the media and, perhaps even more, by people HERE. I was worried about this. I'm not now. (Pretty much.)

Moss doesnt need a shrink or isnt depressed
hes spoiled and wants a new contract and big money- not that he shouldnt ask for one b ut its just the way he goes about it--
i wouldnt give out anymore than a one year offer
if he wants multi year- then goodbye- he aint getting any younger

You don't think he isn't depressed?

I'm surprised he didn't start to cry. He has invested a lot of hard work and dedication into this organization. He goes out and puts on a show for "us" fans! The guy is tired of the critics and dissing from terrible people that couldn't do 1/10th of what he does on the field. He deserves a new deal from the Pats, and he is also worthy of fans respect for all he has done in a Pats uniform. Pay him and let him retire a great PATRIOT!

Last edited:
Look no further than this message board for proof of Boston's negativity. The Pats are winning 31-3, on the back of a defense that was thought suspect AT BEST, and this message board is fine. Randy Moss is seen as complaining, and people can't log on fast enough to trash him and try to run him out of time.

Sadly, even that's giving us too much credit. People started coming on to talk about how Butler sucks, we can't play in the second half, and it's the 'same old ****' at 31-10.

Ugh, I thought football was back.

I love Moss he had a great game today.

I hope the Pats extend him a couple of year.

He didn't insult Kraft, he wants to retire a Patriot playing for BB and with TB. That is what I would like to see, he makes the passing game better even when he is not the target he distorts the D because of his presence, exhibit 1 was the big pass to Hernandez when he drew both cover guys.

Curran threw him a lifeline early on, and he didn't grasp that, either... This wasn't his press conference. This was the Patriots first post game press conference of the season after all the criticism and panning of everything from Belichick's drafting to the FO handling of negotiations to the talent of the secondary to the lack of pass rush, to how they would be lucky to make it as a wild card.... Even players in the locker room were stunned, off the record of course. Randy can blame the media all he wants. He remains his own worst enemy. I guess that's part of the reason why he fired the agent who had spent half Randy's lifetime trying to keep him on an even keel and put him in the right situations. Because - and he actually said it - he has a family to feed... If he wanted endorsements someone should have told him that like contract extensions this is not the way you get them, particularly not here... Tom has an 8 month old and a toddler at home to take care of and clean up after, BB has an entire organization to run. Both have had his back through thick and thin. They deserved better. Even Kraft has had his back, only to be stabbed in it twice in a week. This was not his first time talking. It was his third. It better be his last regardless of who says what about him going forward. This organization is all about accountability. Randy spent 14 minutes rambling about himself in some half baked attempt to pre empt any. While Wes Welker waited to say how thrilled he was to be back and how important football was to him and how his contract wasn't something he worried about because those things take care of themselves if you do your job.

Some of you need to enroll in enablers anonymous. Or stick to non team oriented passtimes like fantasy football.

Point taken on the fact that this was not his PC.

At the same time, maybe he considers this to be his first and last time he is going to be appear before the press this season.

Look, those of us feeling for RM aren't supporting him for rendering a heart tuggging plea for understanding him; many of us feel that he should have kept his mouth shut but at the same time, don't think he insulted the team or melted down as you and others in the thread are suggesting.

Unlike you, some of us are reading the totality of what he said irrespective of how poor he sounded.

"enablers anonymous". ha-hah. Good one indeed. :)

I generally agree with most of what you post on this board but the last lines and their tone made me scratch my head. IMO, needless "i-know-it-all" attitude when this non-football discussion is currently still cordial and mature. Maybe some of you need to realize that you do not represent the Pats. Or maybe quit the group that makes you feel like you are internet doctors out to control those who have different opinions. :D

Last edited:
Point taken on the fact that this was not his PC.

At the same time, maybe he considers this to be his first and last time he is going to be appear before the press this season.

Look, those of us feeling for RM aren't supporting him for rendering a heart tuggging plea for understanding him; many of us feel that he should have kept his mouth shut but at the same time, don't think he insulted the team or melted down as you and others in the thread are suggesting.

Unlike you, some of us are reading the totality of what he said irrespective of how poor he sounded.

"enablers anonymous". ha-hah. Good one indeed. :)

I generally agree with most of what you post on this board but the last lines and their tone made me scratch my head. IMO, needless "i-know-it-all" attitude when this non-football discussion is currently still cordial and mature. Maybe some of you need to realize that you do not represent the Pats. Or maybe quit the group that makes you feel like you are internet doctors out to control those who have different opinions. :D

Most people here feel Mike Reiss is the only fair and balanced mediot in town. I hope they didn't listen to him on Sports Final. One point he made to underscore how unfortunate and selfish Randy's decision to speak about himself today was is recalling that there is a sign outside the door to the facility. It lists the basic principles this team holds players accountable to adhere. The first two are do your job and put the team first... I do not represent the Pats, but I know what they choose represent. Some here could care less what the team wants or what the guy who writes the seven figure checks expects. It's all about what they want as fans, and if they perceive a player as someone they need in order to retain troll bragging rights, they don't care what he says or does.

Unlike Robert, Bill probably could care less what Randy says if he says it about him personally. When he puts his own self interest above the team, Bill cares...

You don't think he isn't depressed?

I'm surprised he didn't start to cry. He has invested a lot of hard work and dedication into this organization. He goes out and puts on a show for "us" fans! The guy is tired of the critics and dissing from terrible people that couldn't do 1/10th of what he does on the field. He deserves a new deal from the Pats, and he is also worthy of fans respect for all he has done in a Pats uniform. Pay him and let him retire a great PATRIOT!

come one !!-- let him live in the real world where there are real reasons to be depressed !!
No wonder some fans sour on rich spoiled athletes

Last edited:
Most people here feel Mike Reiss is the only fair and balanced mediot in town. I hope they didn't listen to him on Sports Final. One point he made to underscore how unfortunate and selfish Randy's decision to speak about himself today was is recalling that there is a sign outside the door to the facility. It lists the basic principles this team holds players accountable to adhere. The first two are do your job and put the team first... I do not represent the Pats, but I know what they choose represent. Some here could care less what the team wants or what the guy who writes the seven figure checks expects. It's all about what they want as fans, and if they perceive a player as someone they need in order to retain troll bragging rights, they don't care what he says or does.

Unlike Robert, Bill probably could care less what Randy says if he says it about him personally. When he puts his own self interest above the team, Bill cares...

Blowing it out of proportion Mo. His single (for the year) talk to the media will have negligible impact on anything with the team. He's taking the slams (in the media) this week rather than down the stretch. It was planned, he got his message out in audio to his fans and gave the media **** to stir now rather than in 10 weeks. No one in that locker room will give a damn. They don't have meetings to discuss what was said on the internet and/or local papers. They focus on football and will continue to do that.

1. Moss wants to be a Patriot.
2. Moss is tired of the negative Boston media and the fans that buy into it.
3. Moss is sending a message to Borges that he won't be his *****.
4. Moss hinted at point 2 last year when he talked about the "real Patriot fans" that believed in him.

Mountains out of molehills, people. Unless he starts dogfaking it on the field or running over Boston cops, I think we'll be fine.

Last edited:
randy could use a few of those public speaking courses. he kind of wanders about instead of beginning to the end.

what i got out of it:

1: I'm really happy to be a Patriot.

2: I'd like a contract extension and i deserve one.

3: You media people ... you suck the big gonad.

4: Especially you local media people ... you also are mindless gnomes.

5: I love the patriot fans ... the best in the world.

6: I would have done better if I wrote this down first ... but i really don't give a flying sh!t that my thoughts are jumbled.

7: Yo Bill ... you're killing me bro'.

randy could use a few of those public speaking courses. he kind of wanders about instead of beginning to the end.

what i got out of it:

1: I'm really happy to be a Patriot.

2: I'd like a contract extension and i deserve one.

3: You media people ... you suck the big gonad.

4: Especially you local media people ... you also are mindless gnomes.

5: I love the patriot fans ... the best in the world.

6: I would have done better if I wrote this down first ... but i really don't give a flying sh!t that my thoughts are jumbled.

7: Yo Bill ... you're killing me bro'.

:yeahthat:This about sums it up for me.

He shouldve prepared a statement, and then ran out the door before the media could ask any questions. He definately didnt have a 'meltdown' :rolleyes:

Jesus. You F****** Girls here are worse than the media.

I read the transcript, and it sounds like he is referring more to the media than he is anything else. That and some chicken**** fans that wouldn't have the ***sack to say some of the things they say to his face.

He ain't "clinically" depressed. He isn't causing a distraction. He just has an odd way of relaying his thoughts.

Go read the transcript. Stop being such drama queens ie; "meltdown....needs a shrink......distraction...etc".

Moss is fine and will be paid sooner rather than later. A majority of you, on the other hand, need a box of tampax.

^^^ This. My thoughts exactly as I was reading this thread. Great post, you nailed it.

Right... the first few pages of this thread are a prime example of why the sometimes ridiculous and almost always negative Boston media thrives in this market. They wouldn't put out that kind of a product if there weren't a demographic eating it up.

As an aside, the stadium was a library today. I have Directtv and was checking out some of the other games and our crowd embarrasses me a lot of the time with their lack of noise. If the Gillette crowd were even half as loud as the *Buffalo* crowd was today, it would've been a big improvement.

Obviously you never attended games in the old stadium....I've attended games with less than 20 K Pats fans that were 10 times as loud as a packed Razor. Why? The freaking empty red hole beneath the luxury boxes.THe Razor just doesn't hold decibels well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents