PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged again and again: I do/don't like the Moss trade because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break.You now have Tate and Welker and Hernandez.U think the offense is much better?I expect teams to double Welker much more now.Brady's stats will suffer and i expect teams to even blitz more.Not afraid of that deep threat.

Moss' presence created a situation where the offense can really only win one way.

no.

2007 was the only year the Patriots have gone anywhere in the playoffs without a dominant defense.

The list of reasons to hate this trade is long.

I wonder what Favre/Moss will do to the pats shutdown secondary here in a couple weeks...........god what a nightmare.

I wonder what we'll be saying about this trade a year or two from now...

Hopefully now that Moss is gone we will see more screen passes, something this team was universally known for not too long ago.

Great point. And I'll take it a step further: Look at the personnel now on this team. Look at the blocking they have with at least 2 of those 3 TE's being monsters. Look at Welker, Edelman, Tate and Woodhead. This could be a "back to 2001" offense with an even more experienced Tom Brady.

It's not just Moss for a 3rd. It's Moss + a 7th for that 3rd.

Vader-makes-no-sense.-757597.jpg

no we would not...the NFL rule is for a player with 10+ years, you only get a 5th rd pick at most.

I like the trade. Moss wanted out and he made it clear he was not coming back. BB got a 3rd for him (which gives us 2 picks in the first 4 rounds). I say it is a good trade and i think Moss would have been a problem as the season went on. I am excited to see what Tate can do. I think he has looked good at WR in limited time.

I always lean towards management in these kinds of things. Players come and go, but the system remains and it is a proven one.

Well, I agree with the not really an like or dislike question here.

To me, it's a signal that there was no intention in bringing Moss back, so BB, with his ever thinking "value" mantra decided to get the value that he could for him, and ship him off.

I think we'll be okay without him. Let's face it, it was an embarrassment of riches on offense this year with him. Perhaps we'll go back to having a less eye-popping offense to a more dink-dunk, but that may not be a bad thing. There were many more swing and misses lately with Moss then HRs.

I'm pretty neutral, but will certainly miss him here and his production. One thing I do feel odd about though it, believe it or not, draft picks. How many freaking picks do we have for next year? Certainly TOO many to realistically think we can keep them all and ultimately sign them (specially with 2 1's). Makes me think something is up.

Any possiblity we dangle that 3rd, plus Mankins (who we obviously do not need) for an impact defensive player? I will go from neutral to very positive if that were the case.

Re: I give the deal a 'thumbs up'

We did lose McGinest and Smith to IR that year, so point taken.

The best player that we lost that season was Bledsoe who had a pretty good replacement. Who replaces Moss?

OK, very bizarre post there. McGinest and Smith (either) went to the IR in 2001?????? It's a miracle but I see them in the Super Bowl video everytime I watch it. BB must have REALLY broken some NFL rule that year.

Back to my point, though:
Evidently, you never heard of Terry Glenn. Ask your dad.

Last edited:

Evidently, you never heard of Terry Glenn. Ask your dad.

You are comparing Terry Glenn to Randy Moss? My father is dead but he probably just rolled over in his grave with laughter.

He had 44 TDs in his entire career, with a Patriot career high of 6 in 2000.

I want o grab some of you morons talking about value and grab you by your stupid neck and show you the Crable's, Ellis Hobbs of the world. Moss could've brought this ******* team a championship, you think a 3rd rounder will ever do that? BB can't even find a good players in the 3rd round, let alone hoping for it. You trade a guy that could have been our main weapon THIS season for a guy who has an 80% of not even making the final rostr?!

This move shows me Bill isn't the same guy, he's TOO infatuated with draft picks. This is why this team gets worse every year. We pass up top talent in the draft for value, now we're losing veterans pn our roser for "value"

There is NO value in a 3rd rounder. There is no justifyiong this. I would have taken a 50-0 loss compared to Moss being traded. You people think Welker who has never done anything w/out Moss is going to be productive when Welker has not been 50% of his old self this season? You guys think Tate is going to do something suddenly as a WR? You think this offense is going to move?

This year, our D is straight garbage. We NEED the offensive fire power....and we just lost it. As my fan, I'm ******* annoyed that the last 2 seasons BB's has wasted Tom's career. Folks, it will be more miraculous if THIS team wins the SB than our 01 team. We need the offense, we have no running game, and now we just lost our ultimate threat. This season just took a big hit.

And people saying Brady is the same guy without Moss, get serious. Brady put up the best number's of his career with career. His career high with Moss is almost Brady's career best doubled. Brady threw up his 2nd best career numbers when he was playing terrible half the season throwing to Moss. No way this passing attack is the same, I just can't believe this.

Moss' presence did not make a difference in the playoffs. In fact, you could argue that brady has had much bigger games in the playoffs without Moss.

Tom Brady Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Moss' presence created a situation where the offense can really only win one way.

I would agree. I would make that argument too.

Thank god we still have Troy Brown, Deion Branch and David Givens.

Um, even with Wes, we don't have the studs we did back then.

I'm not sure why it's hard for people to realize that our current offense:

Welker at 90%, Tate, BJGE and Hernandez does not equal Branch, Brown, Givens and Dillon. Not even close.

I'm not going to bother talking about the defense.

OK, very bizarre post there. McGinest and Smith (either) went to the IR in 2001?????? It's a miracle but I see them in the Super Bowl video everytime I watch it. BB must have REALLY broken some NFL rule that year.

Sorry, they were on the Active PUP list.

To me, it's a signal that there was no intention in bringing Moss back, so BB, with his ever thinking "value" mantra decided to get the value that he could for him, and ship him off.

More accurately: he felt that there was more value in taking MIN's 2011 third-round pick than he saw in keeping Moss for the rest of this season and taking a possible comp pick in 2012.

Yes the Raiders are very good without Moss that year lol . He impresses the youngs and its bad for the locker room, because of this now the Raiders are a 3X SB champions since Moss is gone to the Pats

Genius.

How'd they do WITH him?

Dear Lord, where do we get some of these folks?

We have alot of people on this board infatuated with draft picks.:DThis offense is going down the tubes and it doesnt help that u have Bill O'Brien as an OC.People here are drinking alot of Kool-Aid.

One could argue the true opportunity cost to the Pats of the trade was Moss + 7th + 2012 5th conditional for 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes