PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged again and again: I do/don't like the Moss trade because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official "I'm happy Moss is gone" thread

Please dont start *****ing in the game thread against baltimore when they gameplan to stop welker and hernandez in the short and intermediate game.

All brady's life did was get a little harder and the windows will be a little tighter underneath now that safety's can cheat up and that extra corner is actually on welker instead of a LB. Don't fool yourself We did not get better on the football field. This seems to be a behind the scenes/chemistry type move. I don't even think the vikes where the aggressors in this deal.

I just hope O'brien will prepare and adjust accordingly we need to go back to screen passes and les empty backfield sets. Imo

I just hope O'brien will prepare and adjust accordingly

Don't hold your breath on this one......:)

Having Moss in 2007 was a great experiment. Almost won the SB.

Now, everybody is saying the Patriots season is over. This is EXCELLENT bulletinboard material for the entire season!

More 2-TE sets, maybe TaylorPrice can help out as well..

I said in the Welker thread that, for me, the biggest question is: who will come in and play split-end for us? It's all but assumed that Tate is going to be moving over to flanker (where he might be a better fit). But who fills in at his spot on the other side of the ball? Taylor Price, for my money, looked completely lost in the system during the preseason. Is he ready for the big time now? Otherwise, I don't see anybody else that wouldn't be completely out of position playing split-end (and this includes Edelman).

Actually, if you listen to the WEEI radio clip and read the reports of Moss's behavior after not getting an extension, etc. then it makes perfect sense. We had to get him out of here at that point. However, the whole situation still could have been avoided.

Those two statements are consistent with how I think about this now that I've had a few hours to calm down.

1) They "had to get him out of here." While that is not a "good thing, there is no rational argument I've read out here that losing Moss mid-season benefits the Patriots on the field now, so it must have become an "inevitable thing."

2) "[T]he whole situation could have been avoided." Absolutely. It's a big Fail for the entire organization from Kraft to Belichick to O'Brien, that it got to that point. I'm just not buying that managing a Prima Donna WR is any different from managing a temperamental, high performer in any other workplace.

Last edited:
Those two statements are consistent with how I think about this now that I've had a few hours to calm down.

1) They "had to get him out of here." While that is not a "good thing, there is no rational argument I've read out here that losing Moss mid-season benefits the Patriots on the field now, so it must have become an "inevitable thing."

2) "[T]he whole situation could have been avoided." Absolutely. It's a big Fail for the entire organization from Kraft to Belichick to O'Brien, that it got to that point. I'm just not buying that managing a Prima Donna WR is any different from managing a temperamental, high performer in any other workplace.

Yep. I don't see why it's such a stretch to admit that both Moss AND the organization have fault in this. But apparently, it drives the homers crazy.

No deep threat
Hurts Welker
3 Rd pick when we got a 1st for Seymour?

They NEED to get a WR before the trade deadline otherwise they will not win the division

Yep. I don't see why it's such a stretch to admit that both Moss AND the organization have fault in this. But apparently, it drives the homers crazy.

And, God forbid that we suggest that Tom Brady might be just a little bit peeved at losing Moss. :rolleyes:

He's too much of a pro to say anything to the media, but if anyone here's him whistling "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" in the coming weeks, we should probably pay attention.

Apparently everyone hear thinks our offense will be fine.I think we will move the ball but sticking it in the endzone will be a problem.

No deep threat
Hurts Welker
3 Rd pick when we got a 1st for Seymour?

They NEED to get a WR before the trade deadline otherwise they will not win the division

I've heard several (unfounded) rumors out there that this is a precursor to a Jackson trade. Not just here, but on WQAM (South Florida's biggest radio station). Personally? I'm not expecting it. I think we're just going to ride into the Baltimore game with what we have. San Diego would undoubtedly bend us over the table for Jackson. On top of that, we would have to pay his exorbitant salary demands, and I have little faith that we're going to do that for him. Just let it ride, man. There's not much we can do about it now. We get to see what this offense can do, without Moss, at home against a top defense who spanked us last year. It's time to see how the youngsters are going to react. Will they sulk, or will they rise to the occasion? These are interesting times for sure...

I've heard several (unfounded) rumors out there that this is a precursor to a Jackson trade. Not just here, but on WQAM (South Florida's biggest radio station). Personally? I'm not expecting it. I think we're just going to ride into the Baltimore game with what we have. San Diego would undoubtedly bend us over the table for Jackson. On top of that, we would have to pay his exorbitant salary demands, and I have little faith that we're going to do that for him. Just let it ride, man. There's not much we can do about it now. We get to see what this offense can do, without Moss, at home against a top defense who spanked us last year. It's time to see how the youngsters are going to react. Will they sulk, or will they rise to the occasion? These are interesting times for sure...

I really doubt we get VJAX. He's coming off a suspension and he wants a big money extension to boot.

Apparently everyone hear thinks our offense will be fine.I think we will move the ball but sticking it in the endzone will be a problem.

I don't think anyone can know whether the offense will be "fine," whether it will be "seriously damaged" or whether it will "need a few games to adjust." My money is on the third option, but I don't see how we can rule anything out.

Last edited:

That's what she said?

I really doubt we get VJAX. He's coming off a suspension and he wants a big money extension to boot.

Chargers already stated that they will not trade inside AFC. Unless they are blown-away with picks (ala: 1st-round ++)..

Chargers already stated that they will not trade inside AFC. Unless they are blown-away with picks (ala: 1st-round ++)..

Hence the "bent over the table" part...

Re: I give the deal a 'thumbs up'

The year of the first Super Bowl the Pats didn't lose McGinest to IR, and that didn't lose Otis or Antowain to IR that year either. What Smith are you talking about?

As far as replacing Moss, I don't think you can, he's one of the best receivers in football. But I think the offense will be better because Brady won't be trying to force the ball to him.

I corrected it a few pages back. Active PUP.

Otherwise, I don't see anybody else that wouldn't be completely out of position playing split-end (and this includes Edelman).
Are we pretending Edelman is 5'6 and shifty again? Or forgetting that Edelman and Tate are pretty much the same size (Tate is about a 1" taller, Edelman is 10 lbs heavier), or that Edelman actually is much faster than Welker, who seems to play the SE just fine on the 40%+ of plays where hes not in the slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back