PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged again and again: I do/don't like the Moss trade because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007- He was the best
2008- He was one of the best
2009- He was a great player
2010- He was a above average player.

He only decreased per year. We got his last prime year in 2007. I know he had Cassel throwing to him, but that means in 2009 he should've had an great year in 2009. I was expecting a 2007-like year every year, but at least help decides some games. He never was great in any of the playoff games. Even when Welker was out last year in the playoffs, he never produced.

Will I miss Randy, of course. He kept defenses off Welker and Hernandez. But it won't effect our offense too much. Our defense proved it was back in 2003 form. Yes they gave up 400+ yards, but 14 points is 14 points. If I remember correctly, Brady never had a huge name WR back in 2003/2004 and he still did fine.

But all of this is just my two cents :D

In my opinion, Bill and Kraft are heading toward Al Davis territory...

Well, with all due respect, we now know how much your opinion is worth.

:lol2: Yeah, when someone disagrees with you its time to start calling them names. How very mature. :rolleyes:

Discontent among the Pats has been rising in general. Look at how Tom has been acting this year. He doesn't seem quite as calm as he normally is... I'm guessing the guys are tired of having all of these problems and the real source of the problems is the coaching.

But as people are fond of pointing out, when a person starts to decline, its time to remove them. Bill's decision-making has been questionable for the past couple of years and I'm guessing it will only get worse. He is past his prime and needs to go. Or is Bill above the pats philosophy??

Moss nearly gave us one and that was with a seriously declining defense. He also gave us our only unbeaten regular season. So tell me, why is it Bill was unable to accomplish that before Moss came here? I'm waiting...

He didn't decide he's had enough. He specifically said he wanted to retire as a Patriot and all he wanted was a much deserved contract extension like so many other former Pats that we refused to reward for their hard work.

I never claimed to be "mature". If I were mature (and you as well), we'd be doing something productive in society rather than arguing on a messageboard.

Moss HELPED give us a 16-0 Season. In 2007. (also, I think Welker and Brady and McDaniels might want a little credit, to name a few) And has done nothing close to it since. In fact. he had some downright terrible games last season, including the Alligator Arms fiasco in Carolina. But your argument is we should pay him boatloads because he worked hard in 2007. He was already rewarded for that with an extension. And that was ending this year. NOTHING he has done lately has warranted a huge payday. NOTHING. NOt a few one-handed catches, not a locker room chant. And if you're arguing otherwise, you just simply aren't paying attention. Or you're stuck in 2007.

Bill is in decline? Yeah, OK. I guess division titles and playoff appearances no longer cut the mustard with perfectionists like you! THere will be championships. Every year. After all, look at how many all those other NFL teams do this. It's TOTALLY EASY.

What's unbelievable is Moss is KNOWN for this. We got some great years out of him, but it's always a ticking clock thing with him. It always has been. But NO ONE here can seem to grasp that at all. Or worse, they say we should put up with it because he was awesome in 2007 for us. That's just bad business.

Patriot fans have a habit of living in the past - Belichick was once a coach who could take players from anywhere and turn them into champions...

However a bit of disagreement in this....While the team constantly remains competitive because Belichick can certainly still do it, I start to wonder if Belichick has lost a little bit of that edge in coaching over the others...still one of the best in the league but it seems to be fading as the years go by and this team is apparently heading in the wrong direction or maybe its the fact that teams around the league have caught up and some have passed the Patriots.

Last edited:
:lol2: Yeah, when someone disagrees with you its time to start calling them names. How very mature. :rolleyes:

Discontent among the Pats has been rising in general. Look at how Tom has been acting this year. He doesn't seem quite as calm as he normally is... I'm guessing the guys are tired of having all of these problems and the real source of the problems is the coaching.

But as people are fond of pointing out, when a person starts to decline, its time to remove them. Bill's decision-making has been questionable for the past couple of years and I'm guessing it will only get worse. He is past his prime and needs to go. Or is Bill above the pats philosophy??

Moss nearly gave us one and that was with a seriously declining defense. He also gave us our only unbeaten regular season. So tell me, why is it Bill was unable to accomplish that before Moss came here? I'm waiting...

He didn't decide he's had enough. He specifically said he wanted to retire as a Patriot and all he wanted was a much deserved contract extension like so many other former Pats that we refused to reward for their hard work.

Why do people beleive everything a player, or coach, tell them? Wake up!!! They all LIE! Moss saying he wanted to remain a Patriot. Lie. Brady saying Moss is a model citizen? lie. BB saying that he and Moss have had a good relationship. Lie.

Biggest lie of all: Randy deserved a contact extension.

People, please. You will see Randy and Favre be happy for about 8 weeks. Then Favre will brainfart his way out of the playoffs. He may, or may not, retire. Moss, may or may not, be happy.

Randy Moss is not doned.I expect him to put up Moss numbers with the Vikings.I think we have a crap of an offensive coordinator as well.

2007- He was the best
2008- He was one of the best
2009- He was a great player
2010- He was a above average player.

He only decreased per year. We got his last prime year in 2007. I know he had Cassel throwing to him, but that means in 2009 he should've had an great year in 2009. I was expecting a 2007-like year every year, but at least help decides some games. He never was great in any of the playoff games. Even when Welker was out last year in the playoffs, he never produced.

Will I miss Randy, of course. He kept defenses off Welker and Hernandez. But it won't effect our offense too much. Our defense proved it was back in 2003 form. Yes they gave up 400+ yards, but 14 points is 14 points. If I remember correctly, Brady never had a huge name WR back in 2003/2004 and he still did fine.

But all of this is just my two cents :D

Everyone on the offense has declined since 2007, not just Moss. And it not their fault, its the coaching. Like I said, McDaniels was a huge loss.

Welker had 8 TDs in 2007.
Welker had 3 TDs in 2008.
Welker had 4 TDs in 2009.

Brady had 50 TDs in 2007.
Brady had 28 TDs in 2009.

So yeah, its clearly not Moss....

this team is apparently heading in the wrong direction.

as the most recent thrashing of the Phins down there in Miami so starkly pointed out...ground control to Major Tom....

Vikings in the superbowl.I am calling it right now.I think they will beat smash the jets.They have so many weapons now on offense.

Has Brady or Moss said anything about this yet?

Vikings in the superbowl.I am calling it right now.I think they will beat smash the jets.They have so many weapons now on offense.

You will, I assume, be backing this with loads of money in a bet, right?

Right?

this team is apparently heading in the wrong direction.

as the most recent thrashing of the Phins down there in Miami so starkly pointed out...ground control to Major Tom....

Everyone's forgotten about that. Brady pumped and slapping hands with his coach and teammates? Never happened. Poor, blindsided Tom is PISSED today. The internet said so.

They have the one of the top 3 RBs in the league in Peterson and u just added Randy Moss.

Everyone on the offense has declined since 2007, not just Moss. And it not their fault, its the coaching. Like I said, McDaniels was a huge loss.

Welker had 8 TDs in 2007.
Welker had 3 TDs in 2008.
Welker had 4 TDs in 2009.

Brady had 50 TDs in 2007.
Brady had 28 TDs in 2009.

So yeah, its clearly not Moss....

While you are correct about the loss of McDaniels, you are aware what the terms "outlier" and "regression to the mean" mean, don't you?

LOL!!!

What is it about Favre's playoff history that thinks this will actually happen? LOL!!

BTW - I think calling it "now" - you know, four weeks in - is super smart. I would definitely put money on it and book your flight to Dallas immediately.

Dumbest...........trade............ever!

Disagree? The Pats traded a 3rd and a 5th for a washed up DE a year ago.

Moss HELPED give us a 16-0 Season. In 2007. (also, I think Welker and Brady and McDaniels might want a little credit, to name a few) And has done nothing close to it since. In fact. he had some downright terrible games last season, including the Alligator Arms fiasco in Carolina.

As I just pointed out, our entire offense has been terrible at times and NO ONE (including Brady and Welker) have been as good as they were in 2007. The entire offense has declined so stop trying to put all of the blame on Moss.

But your argument is we should pay him boatloads because he worked hard in 2007. He was already rewarded for that with an extension. And that was ending this year. NOTHING he has done lately has warranted a huge payday. NOTHING. NOt a few one-handed catches, not a locker room chant. And if you're arguing otherwise, you just simply aren't paying attention. Or you're stuck in 2007.

Except for the fact that he has been our most productive receiver in 2008 and 2009. :lol2: The TDs don't lie.

Bill is in decline? Yeah, OK. I guess division titles and playoff appearances no longer cut the mustard with perfectionists like you! THere will be championships. Every year. After all, look at how many all those other NFL teams do this. It's TOTALLY EASY.

Bill has been making bad decisions the past few years (remember the Colts game?) and is slowly dismantling our team. It may be okay with you but I doubt Brady is really happy with watching his team go through a sudden rebuilding process right now, considering that he isn't getting any younger.

Oh please. Nice reading comprehension.

Fans can think the trade is "bad" but to whine, piss and moan about how terrible we are and how nobody on the coaching staff knows what they are doing is BS, plain and simple. It is spoiled brat whining because every year doesn't end in a Superbowl.

I WILL REPEAT. ANY OTHER "REBUILDING" TEAM is a 4-12 nightmare. Not an annual division winner, playoff contender. But WAH, WAH, that's just not good enough for the junior GMs around these parts. Such brilliance puored out from behind a keyboard, yet with so few facts.

Her post was a stretch in some areas, but there is some method to her madness. I never saw her say we were terrible, I just saw her say that BB has lost a step as a coach. With the personnel decisions over the last couple of years, that's perfectly fine to speculate on. The fact of the matter is that Randy first complained about his contract very early in the offseason. We could have and should have paid him then and that would have effectively ended this. However, we stat on our hands and this situation has now spiraled out of control in large part to both sides. The Patriots hands are certainly not fully clean in this by any stretch of the imagination.

To speculate on whether or not we should have paid Randy Moss doesn't make one a spoiled brat. Far from it, as a matter of fact. You think my reading comprehension is bad? You might want to take a look in a mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes