PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged again and again: I do/don't like the Moss trade because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's reportedly going to get an extension from Minnesota. He wasn't getting one from New England. How's that a lousy job of making more money?

yeah, they talked about it. but why the hell would the vikings put up a deal for a 33 year old going into a potential lockout while having a 40 year old QB.

I'll bet you the vikings are simply renting him for the year and will not resign him until after the season

yeah, they talked about it. but why the hell would the vikings put up a deal for a 33 year old going into a potential lockout while having a 40 year old QB.

I'll bet you the vikings are simply renting him for the year and will not resign him until after the season

Moss has no chance of making the money

Your words. Clearly undercut by extension talks.

So the fans are spoiled brats for thinking that this trade was a bad move that could have been avoided? Interesting logic.

Oh please. Nice reading comprehension.

Fans can think the trade is "bad" but to whine, piss and moan about how terrible we are and how nobody on the coaching staff knows what they are doing is BS, plain and simple. It is spoiled brat whining because every year doesn't end in a Superbowl.

I WILL REPEAT. ANY OTHER "REBUILDING" TEAM is a 4-12 nightmare. Not an annual division winner, playoff contender. But WAH, WAH, that's just not good enough for the junior GMs around these parts. Such brilliance puored out from behind a keyboard, yet with so few facts.

Last edited:
Your post is every bit as insane as the one you were responding to.

Right, Deus. You would be the authority on insane posts so I guess it takes one to know one.

Who says he's the best receiver in the league? Who says he's as amazing as ever? espn! That's who! LOL!!! Go do your homework...please....

How many receivers can stretch a defense the way Randy does? How many receivers have had more TD's the past three years than Moss??? He absolutely destroyed the competition in 2007, he was only one TD behind for first place in 2008 with Cassell throwing him the ball and he tied for first last year. And how many receivers can get off Revis island? Ummm... yeah, when exactly WAS the last time a WR scored a TD on Revis, other than Randy's one-handed TD?

Drop your irrational Moss hatred and wake up to reality. Moss is still the best in the league.

Some of u will be surprise at how Moss will play.The guy's 33 but he could play the next 4 years making plays.Look at wat TO is doing at his age.To me Moss wasnt giving it his all.I expect the Vikings to go on a roll now.

Right, Deus. You would be the authority on insane posts so I guess it takes one to know one.

Yes, I was just crazy last year. The Patriots Super Bowl victory proved that. :rolleyes:

How many receivers can stretch a defense the way Randy does? How many receivers have had more TD's the past three years than Moss??? He absolutely destroyed the competition in 2007, he was only one TD behind for first place in 2008 with Cassell throwing him the ball and he tied for first last year. And how many receivers can get off Revis island? Ummm... yeah, when exactly WAS the last time a WR scored a TD on Revis, other than Randy's one-handed TD?

Drop your irrational Moss hatred and wake up to reality. Moss is still the best in the league.

its 2010 now

By what measure are you claiming Moss as the best WR in the league?

Yes, I was just crazy last year. The Patriots Super Bowl victory proved that. :rolleyes:

So because you made the mind-numbing leap that our squad last year wasn't SB bound, everything you write is the bastion of rationality?

Whatever.

Your take on this is right on,I don't know what the problem is with those who dissagree with your sentiments

One minute fans are saying Belichick is a genius and best coach ever,Now there are more or less saying he is an idiot

What does the words 'this is a business' not get through to some morons heads in here,the team found it not worth paying Moss next season and want some extra picks next year and he is a whining ass crybaby who wants the spotlight but cant handle not getting it

This is the Randy Moss of old rearing its ugly head....whether some idiots believe it or not,it was bound to happen...

Last edited:
I do like the trade because:

Addition by subtraction. Moss has been a model Patriot in public (and I like him personally) but if the rumors of increasing problems behind the scenes are true, then we dodged a bullet by trading him before it got out of hand.

And hopefully now we'll stop relying on the shotgun, spread and long ball so much and go back to killing the opposing defense by 1,000 cuts as in the pre-Moss era.

I don't like the trade because:

The compensation. We already have a very young team and that is one of our main problems. We already had 3 extra picks and we added another. That means we'll be getting even younger. I would have preferred getting a veteran player instead of a draft pick. But honestly I can't say who. Most of the Vikes players wouldn't fit here and the Vikes would have been stupid to part with any of the guys who would have fit.

Some of u will be surprise at how Moss will play.The guy's 33 but he could play the next 4 years making plays.Look at wat TO is doing at his age.To me Moss wasnt giving it his all.I expect the Vikings to go on a roll now.

That's right, he wasn't. So we should have rewarded him with a multi-year contract once he starts throwing fits?

I expect him to be good with the Vikings too. But that doesn't say much about what he would have done with us had he played out the year.

Last edited:
You sound like a raving lunatic.

:lol2: Yeah, when someone disagrees with you its time to start calling them names. How very mature. :rolleyes:

I was rooting for Randy as much as anyone but ANYONE could see that the big plays were few and far in between and the discontent was rising. Just look around this board. Randy Moss's EMOTIONS have their own thread.

Discontent among the Pats has been rising in general. Look at how Tom has been acting this year. He doesn't seem quite as calm as he normally is... I'm guessing the guys are tired of having all of these problems and the real source of the problems is the coaching.

Bill Belichick has given this team 3 Superbowls and countless division titles (including last year) and playoff appearances, with and without Moss.

But as people are fond of pointing out, when a person starts to decline, its time to remove them. Bill's decision-making has been questionable for the past couple of years and I'm guessing it will only get worse. He is past his prime and needs to go. Or is Bill above the pats philosophy??

How many SBs has Randy Moss given you? And please don't tell me every time Brady launched one to Moss these days you expected him to come down with it, because as far as I saw, he only has flashes of brilliance these days.

Moss nearly gave us one and that was with a seriously declining defense. He also gave us our only unbeaten regular season. So tell me, why is it Bill was unable to accomplish that before Moss came here? I'm waiting...

Now that may be just because it's us and he's decided he's had enough. But to pay a load of money to a malcontent who's stirring the pot because of his name and status is the way to sink into decline. A real decline. Not just a disappointing division title and one and done in the playoffs, which is apparently a tragedy to the spoiled rotten "fans" we have around here.

He didn't decide he's had enough. He specifically said he wanted to retire as a Patriot and all he wanted was a much deserved contract extension like so many other former Pats that we refused to reward for their hard work.

Your take on this is right on,I don't know what the problem is with those who dissagree with your sentiments

One minute fans are saying Belichick is a genius and best coach ever,Now there are more or less saying he is an idiot

What does the words 'this is a business' not get through to some morons heads in here,the team found it not worth paying Moss next season and want some extra picks next year and he is a whining ass crybaby who wants the spotlight but cant handle not getting it

This is the Randy Moss of old rearing its ugly head....whether some idiots believe it or not,it was bound to happen...

What's unbelievable is Moss is KNOWN for this. We got some great years out of him, but it's always a ticking clock thing with him. It always has been. But NO ONE here can seem to grasp that at all. Or worse, they say we should put up with it because he was awesome in 2007 for us. That's just bad business.

I actually think the coaching staff has regressed.Just my opinion.

These people don't grasp that concept. They think once you hit 33, its over. Even though people like Moss, TO, Warner, Farve, and many others have proven them wrong over and over.

Oh and go LT!! Another "aging" player who is proving he is still a great RB.

The problems with the offense aren't Randy's fault. The problems with the offense were mainly bad play-calling by the coaches. If you haven't noticed, our offense hasn't been the same since we lost McDaniels.

If you didn't think our current offense was capable of carrying the defense through the playoffs, then what do you think is going to happen now that we have lost our best receiver and a key part of our offense?

1) I never thought the team was good enough to get through the playoffs with the current defense, regardless of the offense.

2) Randy is no longer the best, hon.

3) Bad playing calling, sometimes. bad "forcing the ball to Randy," sometimes.

4) thsi offense will surprise you. Watch.

Am I the only one that is ESTATIC that Moss got traded? I mean now all our other receivers will be able to showcase our awesome QB's skills. Hernandez will now be a beast and Tate will be the next Moss. There is no way teams won't double/triple team him. This move made us an immediate contender in our division.
Not to mention....
Moss was slowing down and was barely keeping one defender on him per play. The only score he had this year was a lucky catch against Revis. Good luck with him Minnesota, you will need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes