PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged again and again: I do/don't like the Moss trade because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not mutually exclusive points. As I said, if the team underestimated how discontent Moss was going to be playing out his contract, that would be an issue. Clearly he has acted up in increasingly visible ways as the season has progressed. Perhaps if they had Miss Cleo on retainer, they could have seen this coming and jettisoned him prior to the season starting.

Ok, your mental gymnastics on this are just silly, Jack.

1.) No extension

2.) Not good idea to have moss playing when unhappy

BUT... hanging on to him until after game 4 instead of moving him, and replacing him, in the offseason might not have been a bad move?

If you can't even admit that Patriots screwed up when your own argument is saying that they screwed up, this is a waste of time, because it sure as hell didn't take Miss Cleo to know that Moss wouldn't want to be playing out the final year of a contract. You're not talking about a player without a history, after all.

Last edited:
I just heard the funiest things I have heard in a long time. Arrogance, man...

Anyway, a Jets fan just told me that BB made this move because he hates the Jets so much, he knew it would make Minny tougher for the upcoming Monday night game. LOL!!!!!!! Yah, that's why this went down.....

So did Art Shell. How did that turn out.

Why are people still comparing this trade to the Milloy trade? Those were two completely different situations on two completely different teams. Horrible comparison.

what Milloy trade?

......and got hurt in the middle of the season......and the Patriots won the SB with Earthwind Moreland, Troy Brown and Hank Poteat in the secondary.

At least this time, we get a 3rd rounder.

That team that won the Super Bowl with Earthwind, Troy, and Poteat had the best front seven in the NFL. Having an elite front seven does wonders for a defense. Kind of like how having an elite WR does wonders for an offense.

While i would have liked to have Moss on the team but is behavior was going to get worse and worse because he wanted out. It would have become a huge distraction, much worse that AD, AD X10

We were starting to see it monday night with his bizzare behavior.

Last edited:
That team that won the Super Bowl with Earthwind, Troy, and Poteat had the best front seven in the NFL. Having an elite front seven does wonders for a defense. Kind of like how having an elite WR does wonders for an offense.

The offense has taken a hit, yes, but I do not think it's as devastating as many here seems to think. Let this play out. It may surprise you.

Everyone's here talking about the patriot way.Didnt i remember that it was Brady that was complaining cause he didnt have that big play wr?

When have you heard Brady ever complain about that????

This should be enlightening.

So did Art Shell. How did that turn out.

Why are people still comparing this trade to the Milloy trade? Those were two completely different situations on two completely different teams. Horrible comparison.

Milloy "trade"????

Who did we get?????

The offense has taken a hit, yes, but I do not think it's as devastating as many here seems to think. Let this play out. It may surprise you.

I agree that it's too soon to know the full impact, and that the offense may find other ways to get the job done. BUT.....

Given that so many people have been bashing the O.C., where's the logic in claiming that said O.C., who's now going to have to completely revamp the offense because of the absence of an elite deep receiver, is going to be able to make this happen?

When your reading this thread and all the points to be made and really trying to wrap your head around what just happened I laughed out loud at work when i seen this...very good work my friend

Thanks!

I guess the Pats haven't read your sig.

The only good thing about this is, it's only one season. It's not a bunch of seasons.

Just wait 'til next year! (Or the year after that, etc.)

Last edited:
I agree that it's too soon to know the full impact, and that the offense may find other ways to get the job done. BUT.....

Given that so many people have been bashing the O.C., where's the logic in claiming that said O.C., who's now going to have to completely revamp the offense because of the absence of an elite deep receiver, is going to be able to make this happen?

I can't wait to see the responses to this one.

:popcorn:

Milloy "trade"????

Who did we get?????

Release. Sorry for my devastating typo. :rolleyes:

long_facepalm.gif

He already did. THAT'S why Moss was so pissed this year.

I am proud to have all the thread related to this one merged into a thread that I started.

but this discussion has become moot since randy decided to become a **** and force the issue anyway

He already did. THAT'S why Moss was so pissed this year.

Anyone who watched the Jets game knows that this is not correct. Also, you seem to be missing the point, as usual.

Last edited:
I am proud to have all the thread related to this one merged into a thread that I started.

but this discussion has become moot since randy decided to become a **** and force the issue anyway

Moss wasn't being a **** at all. He was on his last year of a contract and wanted some job security like any normal person. Its not like he was asking for obscene amounts of money like a lot of other players, he just wanted that extension, which he EARNED during the past few years. He spent three years busting his butt for us and what did he get for it? Ask Mike Vrabel, he got the same thing. And I'm sure Tom's time is coming as well. Maybe not next year but in a couple more, I'd expect to see them try to trade him as well.

Bill likes to trade players that he believes are on the decline. Well, you're on the decline now... Its time for you to go. No one person is above the organization, remember? That includes Bill.

Moss wasn't being a **** at all. He was on his last year of a contract and wanted some job security like any normal person. Its not like he was asking for obscene amounts of money like a lot of other players, he just wanted that extension, which he EARNED during the past few years. He spent three years busting his butt for us and what did he get for it? Ask Mike Vrabel, he got the same thing. And I'm sure Tom's time is coming as well. Maybe not next year but in a couple more, I'd expect to see them try to trade him as well.

Bill likes to trade players that he believes are on the decline. Well, you're on the decline now... Its time for you to go. No one person is above the organization, remember? That includes Bill.

Yeah, he might have been worried about a serious or career-ending injury. He only has a few years left, and was at the end of his guaranteed money.

Even Albert Haynesworth knew how to behave in a contract year.

he got roughly 10M per year for his last 3. Not sure why you are complaining on his behalf.

remember, don't bite the hand that feeds you

Moss has no chance of making the money he would have made had he not behaved like a **** and kept his yap shut. but once again, a relationship with his existing team ends badly. he is 3 for 3 now

You're right, we should give millions of dollars to aging vets. Nostalgia is a GREAT thing going forward.

You should be a Redskin fan. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand