PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Measuring "Cheap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stated multiple times they are not cheap in the traditional sense of the word. Didn't say I want tons of huge contracts either. Just wanted an impact guy this year which could've been done for a reasonable price. Clearly no one here agrees so ill stop wasting my time.

..... :itsok: .....

It's amazing how the Patriots are spent up to the cap limit (ie. max they are allowed to spend) every year, yet Kraft and the Patriots constantly get called cheap.

I suppose it's because instead of following the proven Jets/Raiders/Redskins approach of winning championships by blowing our load on every Bart Scott, Adalius Thomas, and Jonathan Babin available, we've done the same things that got us a dynasty and have made us a top 3 team every year for the past decade (minus 2009).

Man, I really wish BB and Kraft would stop being so cheap and try to field a real winner like the Jets.

this post is true

Patriots=not cheap

Easy to say someone's a moron when you have the masses of BB homers behind you. Come talk to me when they lose again in the playoffs because they have no pass rush, no receivers, and no corners.

You're making my point. You don't know what cheap means.

this post is true

Patriots=not cheap

No they aren't. But i can see why they call them cheap only in this sense. Most of their $$ is evenly spread thought the entire team besides Wilfork, Mankins and Brady pretty much which brings them up to cap. They spend it wisely. People call them cheap becasue they don't see them making big splashes to land that 1 big time big contract guy. Like they did in 2007. But they fail to realize that by doing that you are hurting other areas of your team and those big time signings can backfire. (like i think MW will backfire for MIA) and like thomas did for us in the 2007 FA.

Im sorry but isnt this thread "pitting one group of fans against another", therefore "not allowed"? Oh wait, once again, that only applies when its defending Belichick against idiot fans. I forgot

Im sorry but isnt this thread "pitting one group of fans against another", therefore "not allowed"? Oh wait, once again, that only applies when its defending Belichick against idiot fans. I forgot

Actually I think its 'pitting' one idiot against the world;)

The intent of this thread is to open up a conversation about different viewpoints, for the purpose of learning and entertainment. You know, that old "respectful exchange of differing views" that leads to everyone being better informed and some having modified views. The stuff on which a free society is based, etc.

If people came to the conversation with the intent of winning an argument or satisfying an emotional need to be right or noticed, then perhaps the conversation devolved to what you are concerned about.

Personally, given the direction the thread took, I'm giving it a single star rating, and hope that the OP learned something from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes