PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft comments on Patriots are cheap storyline.

OH thanks. I did not know that. That explains his wild crazy theory.

What's up with @ahmed? BB hater too? Or is he just genuinely confused?
Don't believe everything you hear from the dude who's world view is clouded by having a picture of Bill with his family. Lol

Nobody in their right mind thinks that the Patriots aren't going to spend big in the off-season. They're going to spend more money at this offseason probably than anybody has ever spent.

But what about next year? In the year after? If he does it two three four years in a row then you have your answer but right now I think the money they're throwing in their coaching shows exactly how committed Kraft is.
Being the #1 spender this season means you can't possibly be the #1 spender 4 years in a row because the money (cash) you're spending now is from the future years. No team can do that.

I'm starting to suspect there's a lot of posters that don't understand the way the cap works.

Don't believe everything you hear from the dude who's world view is clouded by having a picture of Bill with his family. Lol
No clouds here perfectly clear that Bill is the best coach ever and his 8 rings prove that.

There is little chance Kraft doesn't heavily spend in the near term. If he was the driving force behind the past tightened purse strings it will be a priority to make it look like it was Bill. Plus he will be saving money on coaching salaries with Bill gone.

Dude, don't be a hater. The women can sense it. You will only end up with the wacko women, which is really fun at first, but never ends well. Flush the hate, be a lover, and everything in life works out a lot better.

Being the #1 spender this season means you can't possibly be the #1 spender 4 years in a row because the money (cash) you're spending now is from the future years. No team can do that.

I'm starting to suspect there's a lot of posters that don't understand the way the cap works.

That's simply not true.

Spend your money wisely my friend.

I'm starting to think that you like the sound of your own voice.

Cap. Is. Crap.

That's simply not true.

Spend your money wisely my friend.

I'm starting to think that you like the sound of your own voice.

Cap. Is. Crap.
You're confusing cash with cap.

Dude, don't be a hater. The women can sense it. You will only end up with the wacko women, which is really fun at first, but never ends well. Flush the hate, be a lover, and everything in life works out a lot better.
Thanks. I'll let my wife know.

I'm a big fan of the Revolution, but if we had one today Taxachusetts would be in the role of the British. No taxation without representation I say.

My impression of the Bill and Bob financial setup keeps drifting to the idea that Bob would give Bill a certain amount to spend and it included the players' cap and the coaching salaries. Maybe that's why Bill kept bringing in coaches who were being paid by other teams.
makes sense

Cheapskate Robert hiding behind Bill again. That strategy saved him hundreds of millions of dollars during the past 25 years.

"(Our decisionmakers) have been able to get whatever they want.”

Whatever you say, Bologna Bob.

1707597684581.gif

This whole thing seems odd to me. The timing of the comment being SB week and all that. Why is he even commenting on it at all? Also, if we take him at his word, the comments about trying to bring in more expensive players but being shot down is pretty damn interesting.
There's another story by Jason Burgos that adds another layer to the cake with this Kraft quote:

“I can assure our fans that spending will never be held back or the reason that we don’t sign players,”” Kraft ” he added. “I’ve actually tried to get us to sign players who maybe would’ve cost more but wouldn’t have been the right players or value. So, we always leave that to the people we assign the responsibility to. They’ve been able to get whatever they want.”

article: MSN

And the article goes on to criticize Kraft for not being responsible for spending more. But I'd rather Kraft not turn into Jerry Jones.

If you've hired someone to take charge of football operations, you need to let them do their job.

It sounds like Kraft put out a couple of ideas for players to sign whom he thought were good and Bill shot those ideas down.

Regardless of the amount of spending, the buck stops with Bill. He put together those rosters and the results speak for themselves.

You're confusing cash with cap.

No one said they had to spend the most every year year in and out anyway.

Kraft said they've been cheap but it's ok cause they were winning Superbowls.

So obviously since they're not even competing for the playoffs the inverse must now be true right?

That's why I said next couple years will tell, it's only a few million we're talking about so Kraft should be able to dish it out if they need players. For years we heard Jeremy Jacobs was cheap and after all those years until we found out it was Harry Sinden who was tight with the purse strings. Maybe this is similar.
Yup it's pretty strange how a change of staff suddenly affects spending. Suddenly Jacobs isn't a cheapskate anymore! Funny that.

I'm hoping that Mayo's "we're ready to burn some money" statement holds true. Because with 69m in cap space we have a lot of needs to fill and this can't be the year to hold back on spending if the Patriots are serious about a successful rebuild.

Kraft has said multiple times that if BB needed anything vis a vis money, he would give it to him. Kraft said BB had autonomy. BB said the buck stops with him.

I don't know what else to tell you.
Are you part of Kraft organization or a local media ? You seem to go out of your way to defend them.

Most posters don't understand how the cap works; I admit I get confused at times. That's why we rely on Miguel.

Most posters don't understand how the cap works; I admit I get confused at times. That's why we rely on Miguel.
I mean how many years have people said the Rams were going all in for a year and would be destroying their franchise longterm and they just kept rolling, had one down year, and then came back. Pretty much since 2017

Where is the facts or proof that he hasn't been cheap in the past. Why not defend with proof?
There is no proof, if the Pats are last in spending over the last 10 years...then they're last. I just hope he opens his wallet this year and yes RK is cheap, a billionaire that chooses the $60 amp!

There is no proof, if the Pats are last in spending over the last 10 years...then they're last. I just hope he opens his wallet this year and yes RK is cheap, a billionaire that chooses the $60 amp!
Kraft is known to be cheap. Literally anybody who knows someone that works at Gillette knows that. Does that apply to the cap or did Bill have power of the purse is the question. We will find out soon.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back