PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martz: NFL needs to get to bottom of Spygate, then put it to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm strangely attracted to the small subset of the population pathetic enough to spend their time trolling a forum of a football team they don't root for.

I actually come here to to get a better grasp of the whole spygate thing. If you go to other message boards, all you get is "Those cheaters cheated" and " *******...". Fans on this board (except you) have interesting takes you don't get from the national media and fans of other teams. That is why I make it no secret what team I root for.

Lock your door at night, cutie.
I guess we know what team you root for. Keep reaching for that rainbow!

I actually come here to to get a better grasp of the whole spygate thing.

That's awesome.

I completely understand how incessantly bringing up spygate, trolling random non-spygate related threads, and reposting day-old quotes enhances your understanding of spygate.

:rofl:

P.S. Your fear of gays is pretty funny too. Did you have an interesting experience in church as a kid?

Last edited:
You don't get it.

It's already legal.

On multiple occasions the NFL has said it's OK to steal signals.

The only thing they have a rule against is filming on the sidelines. That's pretty easy to police. That's why there's a rule against it.

Since when is video taping a walkthru legal?

Since when is video taping a walkthru legal?

Who is talking about videotaping a walkthrough?

There's no evidence that the Patriots ever did that.

However, the last time a team was caught doing that (the Broncos against the Chargers) the NFL didn't care.

That's awesome.

I completely understand how incessantly bringing up spygate, trolling random non-spygate related threads, and reposting day-old quotes enhances your understanding of spygate.
The story I posted is from Feb. 23rd... that's today.

P.S. Your fear of gays is pretty funny too. Did you have an interesting experience in church as a kid?

I'm glad you added pedophile humor to your comedy routine... it really shows off your class. Besides, all the dead baby jokes were starting to get old.

However, the last time a team was caught doing that (the Broncos against the Chargers) the NFL didn't care.

Uhhhh... Mike Martz? The topic of the thread?

it really shows off your class.

I think you got off at the wrong stop of the troll train, kiddo. The Colts stop was miles back.

Anyways, let's get back to this riveting discussion. I can't wait to see how it enhances your understanding of spygate. :rofl:

Uhhhh... Mike Martz? The topic of the thread?

Sigh.

My reply was to this:

Originally Posted by DropKick Flutie View Post
I'm all for that. If everyone is doing it, and it is in fact against the rules as the NFL understands them, it needs to stop immediately and the NFL should punish everyone involved.
So you'd rather watch CourtTV than football, huh?

How can they possibly police this with technology today. Can't be done. I could sit in the stands, film those guy with my camera, and then pass it on to Ernie Adams somehow.

How are you going to police that?
Edit/Delete Message

The topic of discussion was whether everybody does it, referring to taping signals. No one on this board or anywhere else has ever argued that everyone tapes walkthroughs. Let's be real.

If you can't police it, I'm all for making it legal. All I want is a level playing field.
I already responded to this. If it's illegal to tape walkthrus, make it legal. Level playing field... than all of this Walsh stuff goes away and you guys will be happy.

You don't get it.

It's already legal.

The only thing they have a rule against is filming on the sidelines. That's pretty easy to police. That's why there's a rule against it.

But Jimmy Johnson made a good point about this. The rule that states that you can film from a spot enclosed on four sides with a roof overhead sounds something like a press box, which is where he said they usually filmed from. However, the press box is only on one side of the field...what happens when the guys you're trying to tape have their backs to you? He said all you can do then is go down to the sidelines. Which is exactly what they did, and it's exactly what Belichick did.

I'd love to see a link to this story, about the Broncos/Chargers.

I already responded to this. If it's illegal to tape walkthrus, make it legal. Level playing field... than all of this Walsh stuff goes away and you guys will be happy.

You're one of the most dishonest posters around.

In the post I was responding to, the topic was whether "everybody does it." Now that your whole rationale has cratered, you try to change the subject to walkthroughs. Anyone with a brain will realize that "everybody does it," refers to videotaping from the sidelines, not walkthroughs.

Get real. And try to learn a little bit about the word integrity. Apparently your parents didn't teach you that word.

Don't accuse him of changing the subject. He'll bring up Jim Kelly's dead baby.

I agree. BB didn't invent this stuff. And people are under the impression only the Patriots do it.

I would love to see a former coach, and better yet, a current coach (not on the Patriots since no one will believe the Patriots) really have an in depth discussion about exactly what kind of scouting they do, what they assume other teams do, how they protect themselves/counter-act other teams.

For that mater, I'd be happy with BB just opening up about everything (but of course he'll just get ripped and selectively quoted)

Bill Parcells would've been the ideal guy for this (but now he probably won't say anything since he's working in the NFL again).

But of course, based on the fact that the greater media ignored Parcells/Johnson's comments on it already, I'm sure even if a coach were to do the above, it would get ignored as well.

You're one of the most dishonest posters around.

In the post I was responding to, the topic was whether "everybody does it." Now that your whole rationale has cratered, you try to change the subject to walkthroughs. Anyone with a brain will realize that "everybody does it," refers to videotaping from the sidelines, not walkthroughs.

Get real. And try to learn a little bit about the word integrity. Apparently your parents didn't teach you that word.

Go back and read. When I said "if everybody does it", I was responding to MoLewisRocks. If it's against the rules, the violators should be punished. If they can't police it as you suggest, than make it legal.

How do you know when a baby is a dead baby?

The dog plays with it more.

P.S. Why am I not surprised our resident Bills fan, who joined to "understand Spygate better" is currently avoiding the other spygate thread where Jimmy Johnson admits to videotaping sidelines? :rofl:

Go back and read. When I said "if everybody does it", I was responding to MoLewisRocks. If it's against the rules, the violators should be punished. If they can't police it as you suggest, than make it legal.

You're hopelessly confusing the issue. And you're doing it on purpose.

MoLewis never claimed "every body does [film walkthroughs]." No one in the history of spygate has ever claimed that. "Everybody does this" refers to filming sidelines. Everyone knows this, except you. In fact, you know it too, but because you have no integrity, you keep trying to confuse the two issues when they are two COMPLETELY different things.

You don't get it.

It's already legal.

And there are special harrasments for Belichick.

He wins too much, and, and the media despises him for throwing them no bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News