PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

Alot of Mark Anderson sacks this year was COVERAGE Sacks. Yes any DL or LB can get those, Anderson did NOT get alot of sacks on individual moves Like Andre Carter last year. Anderson = TBC II he's going to flame out. Bills rolled the dice on Mario Williams staying healthy and Mark Anderson getting stops against the RUN. Mario Williams has the potential to be GREAT but Anderson is Average at best...glad BB made him walk. IF Jermain Cunningham gives us a performance like Anderson last year this upcoming season he would validate his draft position. One dimensional pass rushers area dime a dozen.

Anderson maybe a one hit wonder but i your going to have a hard time saleing me on most of he's sacks were coverage sacks the pats were dead last in pass defense last year for the first 15 games of the season maybe he had more shots at rushing the passer because the pats had the lead so much but not because the coverage was so good, i to hope Cunnigham can lest be a jag who can give the pats a few meaningful snaps per game

Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

Almost $7M per season? He may not even have been in the league last year had the Patriots not signed him, and he hardly played until Carter went down.

I'm sorry he's leaving, but for that kind of money, I wish him the best. That's why Buffalo is Buffalo.

Good luck Mark. The Patriots don't value any player who remotely pressures the other QB so there was no future for you in Foxborough. Ocho stinko can get 6 mill guaranteed but you and Benny are too expensive for Billy B. Hilarious! :D

You need to take your head out of your arse and read what was posted instead of over-reacting.

Overlooking a division opponent is pure ignorance. Plain and simple.

BTW, I suggest you do a bit of homework on Brandon Lloyd. He has drops. He's not some all great savior that you are attempting to make him out to be.

I'm not ove-reacting by speaking the truth. The Bills are almost as bad as the jets, but what really gets me is the Douche bagness of Bills fans. Almost everyone of them is a jackass. Its between them and Jets fans as the worst fans in the NFL and let me tell you its a close race.

Also, I dont have to worry about the "ignorance" of overlooking an opponet because I have the rare abilit to realize that I am a fan not a player.

And a lot of experts would agree that Lloy has some of the best hands in the nfl. I never said he was a savior, I just think he is on of the VERY FEW missing parts to this team.

I'm not ove-reacting by speaking the truth. The Bills are almost as bad as the jets, but what really gets me is the Douche bagness of Bills fans. Almost everyone of them is a jackass. Its between them and Jets fans as the worst fans in the NFL and let me tell you its a close race.

Also, I dont have to worry about the "ignorance" of overlooking an opponet because I have the rare abilit to realize that I am a fan not a player.

And a lot of experts would agree that Lloy has some of the best hands in the nfl. I never said he was a savior, I just think he is on of the VERY FEW missing parts to this team.

I should add though that I'm glad for Anderson that he got his money. No way the pats were paying that much but good for him.

Bill should've signed Anderson to a 2-year contract last year, so that in case he had the season he ended up having, we would still have him this season at a much lower price than da Bills paid for him.....

Captain Hindsight strikes again... Anderson most likely wanted a 1 year prove it deal for this scenario, and if the Patriots offered him a bit above vet min (and they did) it implies that he probably could have found a vet min prove it deal if the Patriots had insisted on a 2 or 3 year 1.5 mil per year deal with minimal guarantees.

And if he performed like Ellis, you would be *****ing and moaning about the stupidity of offering guaranteed money and multi-year deals to guys who have not performed in 4 years.

Yeah should be interesting to see what our Comp picks are this year. Not 100% sure on how all of that works but i guess we'll see.

Don't think the Pats will get any comp picks from this free agent offseason.

The way the system works is a net movement of free agents whose contracts "naturally" ended on the first second of the new league year and whose new average compensation is above a certain level.

The Pats IIRC have lost two guys (BJGE and Anderson) but have signed several guys whose contracts with other teams had ended (Gonzales, Fells, Fanene, Lloyd etc) to contracts at or above the minimal qualifying level. They have also signed a couple of guys who probably would not qualify based on their contracts being too low. And the Patriots don't have too many potentially qualifying free agents left for other teams to sign to make up the count differential of incoming versus outgoing.

This is pretty funny as Pats fans without question have this reputation across the country. Maybe its all the band wagoners when you have such a successful franchise...? Before BB and Brady you guys had a hard time selling out your games.

Buffalo? Small market, college atmosphere, die hard fans even after 12 years of poor play. Routinely are in the top 5 in a packed house in the NFL. Recognized by national media as some of the most die hard fans in the league. The reason Williams chose Buffalo. Nicest city? No Great economy? No.

Die hard fans that care though. Despite your demeaning comment about nearly all of us being douche-bags.

Easy for a big town front running Pats fan to jump on like you just did. I think your comment says more about you than other Pats fans though.

Prior to your post and I suppose even in spite of it, I was thinking, "wow, most of these Pats fans are showing class on the loss of Anderson" I guess there has to be a front running, arrogant fan in every forum though.

Last edited:

This is pretty funny as Pats fans without question have this reputation across the country. Maybe its all the band wagoners when you have such a successful franchise...? Before BB and Brady you guys had a hard time selling out your games.

This is simply incorrect. The Patriots have sold out every home game since 1994, which is long before Belichick/Brady.

PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK: Pats hope to start streaking - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise

I'll leave the rest for others.

This is simply incorrect. The Patriots have sold out every home game since 1994, which is long before Belichick/Brady.

Ok, fair anough, I remember the Kelly days and NE, I went to a game there where the stadium was 2/3 full, but that was late 80's or early 90's.

My point was not slam Pats fans just the jerk who for his own smug reasons needs to pile on the Bills fans. Why?

Last edited:

Ok, fair anough, I remember the Kelly days and NE, I went to a game there where the stadium was 2/3 full, but that was late 80's or early 90's.

My point was not slam Pats fans just the jerk who for his own smug reasons needs to pile on the Bills fans. Why?

Interestingly enough the sell outs started when the Pats got a quality owner.

Buffalo? Small market, college atmosphere, die hard fans even after 12 years of poor play. Routinely are in the top 5 in a packed house in the NFL. Recognized by national media as some of the most die hard fans in the league. The reason Williams chose Buffalo. Nicest city? No Great economy? No.

Die hard fans that care though. Despite your demeaning comment about nearly all of us being douche-bags.

Easy for a big town front running Pats fan to jump on like you just did. I think your comment says more about you than other Pats fans though.

Prior to your post and I suppose even in spite of it, I was thinking, "wow, most of these Pats fans are showing class on the loss of Anderson" I guess there has to be a front running, arrogant fan in every forum though.

Bufflo fans are bunch of confused front runner fans...because they have never actually been in front. Trent Edwards takes the team to 4-0 and all i heard from Bills fans was how they were going all the way..they fall off and suddenly fans give up, Sign T.O.? Going all the way again..doesnt workout, gone fans gone again. Last season was more of the same.

I dont know what it is about Buffalo but they have no loyality whatsover. They even do it to the Sabers. Sabers go on a run and people start to iron ou their sabers T-Shirts, but then they lose its back to the bottom of the closet.

What happened in 1994? Drew Bledsoe was on his Sophomore season after a 5-11 rookie year, and they finished 10-6. This is conveniently when the winning started to happen. During your sell out streak, they had 15 of 18 winning seasons, 6 super bowl appearance and 3 super bowl championships. Prior to that, they had one of the worst attendance records in the NFL. They had a franchise losing record before Bilicheck posted a 140-55 record. They had a 282-322-9 record prior to that, and their only claim to fame was getting absolutely embarrassed by the Chicago Bears in 1985, and before that, their last relevant year was the only year they were good at in the AFL, 1963. That year, they finished 7-6-1 and lost 51-10 to the Chargers in the AFL title game. Just saying......

Bufflo fans are bunch of confused front runner fans...because they have never actually been in front. Trent Edwards takes the team to 4-0 and all i heard from Bills fans was how they were going all the way..they fall off and suddenly fans give up, Sign T.O.? Going all the way again..doesnt workout, gone fans gone again. Last season was more of the same.

I dont know what it is about Buffalo but they have no loyality whatsover. They even do it to the Sabers. Sabers go on a run and people start to iron ou their sabers T-Shirts, but then they lose its back to the bottom of the closet.

How are they front runners when they haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years and are top of the league each and every year in attendance?

You want to know what front runners are? Not knowing you had a hockey team until the Eastern Conference Finals last year. There isn't much basketball talk outside of when Rondo was supposed to get traded, I wonder why? *cough* 20-17 *cough*

Really? See you spew more crap here. We have been bad for 12 years genius. Yet they still sell out games and the fans keep coming. God forbid we are excited over the fact we may finally have a GM who is committed to winning and understands how to staff a team...

I will not disparage the rest of the Pats fans here who show class by returning your insult. Suffice to say you are ignorant and clearly your posts are not meant to be constructive.

How about this? Every fan idealizes their own fanbase and believes it's better than it is. No exceptions.

Good for him. If they stay healthy, that's going to be an absolutely lethal pass rush the Bills will have. If they can snag turnovers like they did at the beginning of 2011, they'll have a shut down defense.

Oh well

I was a little peeved at the Pats not resigning him, but I'm ok with not paying that price.

sorry but we don't need anderson to stop the run we have kelsay AND dwan edwards for that.....same thing the jets are doing with maybin...in on obvious passing downs only..
If you paid him that much to only play on 3rd down that is not smart

Good for him. If they stay healthy, that's going to be an absolutely lethal pass rush the Bills will have. If they can snag turnovers like they did at the beginning of 2011, they'll have a shut down defense.

Until they show an ability to stop the run, they won't be a shut down defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST