PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

Right now I'd say "exciting upgrade" with the potential to be a "difference maker". Long way to go however as guys need to stay healthy and there's also this little thing called the actual season. :)

The Bills' pass rush was just so woefully anemic last year that any semblance of an upgrade, perceived or real, is going to get the fans' juices flowing a little bit. It was so painful to watch guys like Sanchez, Moore, Dalton, and Hasselbeck just sit there all day and pick us apart. Hopefully that will change somewhat this year.

The conclusion is that we are in agreement.

Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

Right now I'd say "exciting upgrade" with the potential to be a "difference maker". Long way to go however as guys need to stay healthy and there's also this little thing called the actual season. :)

The Bills' pass rush was just so woefully anemic last year that any semblance of an upgrade, perceived or real, is going to get the fans' juices flowing a little bit. It was so painful to watch guys like Sanchez, Moore, Dalton, and Hasselbeck just sit there all day and pick us apart. Hopefully that will change somewhat this year.

No question that this is a major upgrade for the Bills' defensive front, and defense overall. The best defensive line in the AFC East by a lot means the linebackers and DBs will be more effective. The only QB in the division who can read and deliver is Brady. The Dolphins and Jets will have a terrible time dealing with the Bills pass rush.

The Patriots offense is getting tougher at the point of attack with the signings they've made so far and adding an outside threat in Lloyd spreads out the DBs leaving the LBs to think twice about committing to the run or for safety blitzes to leave the CBs unprotected down the field.

Good for the Bills. Last year was a huge step towards being a top tier team again. This is another piece of that picture.

I'm not yet convinced Fitzpatrick is the real deal.

That being said, it may not matter, because the Dolphins and Jets are going the wrong direction, which should give the Bills #2 in the AFCE pretty handily.

No question that this is a major upgrade for the Bills' defensive front, and defense overall. The best defensive line in the AFC East by a lot means the linebackers and DBs will be more effective. The only QB in the division who can read and deliver is Brady. The Dolphins and Jets will have a terrible time dealing with the Bills pass rush.

The Patriots offense is getting tougher at the point of attack with the signings they've made so far and adding an outside threat in Lloyd spreads out the DBs leaving the LBs to think twice about committing to the run or for safety blitzes to leave the CBs unprotected down the field.

Good for the Bills. Last year was a huge step towards being a top tier team again. This is another piece of that picture.

I 100% agree.

Little known outside of Buffalo is that Fitz broke 3 or 4 ribs against the Jets right after the big contract and had pain with every throw up until the last couple of games of the season. I am hopeful we will see the Bills Offense of the first third of the season. Given our huge DLine additions and if the O from the first several games is for real,only then will the Bills be a real threat to the Pats for the AFC East. Because you gotta score no matter how good your Defense is to run with Brady and his threats.

I think there is little question at this point he is a top 5 all time QB. Guy is unreal.

Last edited:

I'm not yet convinced Fitzpatrick is the real deal.

That being said, it may not matter, because the Dolphins and Jets are going the wrong direction, which should give the Bills #2 in the AFCE pretty handily.

I think any honest Bills fan who like Fitz would agree to this, thos who do not think we need to be all foucesed on drafting a QB. Some of our board members want us to go nuts after Tannenhill, not gonna happen...

I am hopeful he can be a very effective QB, he has the smarts and poise. But this year will tell us much...

I can see the Bills getting a wildcard next year

These numbers are wrong and Anderson will be making less $ then last thought.

Anderson deal worth $19.5M
Anderson, who had 10 sacks for the New England Patriots last season, played on a on-year deal worth $1.37 million in 2011. The four-year average of Anderson's new deal is $4.875 million. He got a $6 million signing bonus plus a guaranteed base salary this year of $1.9 million, and a $100,000 workout bonus. His base salaries in subsequent years are $2.5 million, $4 million and $5 million.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/anderson-deal-worth-195m.html

Last edited:

These numbers are wrong and Anderson will be making less $ then last thought.

Anderson deal worth $19.5M
Anderson, who had 10 sacks for the New England Patriots last season, played on a on-year deal worth $1.37 million in 2011. The four-year average of Anderson's new deal is $4.875 million. He got a $6 million signing bonus plus a guaranteed base salary this year of $1.9 million, and a $100,000 workout bonus. His base salaries in subsequent years are $2.5 million, $4 million and $5 million.

Man for the Bills at least with our inside DT's this was a great decision IMO.
I think without Mario signing though we might not get this guy-

Update: I just met a Bills fan in Vegas that actually had some sense. He said the pats are a great team and should have won the superbowl. Was shocked at the saftey call and that the last drive had so many drops. He also is not ready to jump on Williams until he shows he can stay healthy.

So that makes 2 total bills fans I have met that are ok. The other is my friend who may be the most objective football fan ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call