PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

2 out of 3 right in that sentence are not "irrefutable fact". Now, you can keep trolling until you get banned, or you can post with a bit more knowledge and respect for the fact that you're on another team's board.

It's your choice, really. If you want to keep clowning yourself, have at it, and the mods will eventually shut your circus down.

I haven't trolled anybody. As a matter of fact I haven't insulted anyone either. I haven't even insulted the Patriots franchise or any of the players... So I don't see where you get that I'm trolling. I joined this board simply to ost the actual details of Anderson's contract, but you can't start a thread with less than 50 posts so I ended up in this one.

Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

I haven't trolled anybody. As a matter of fact I haven't insulted anyone either. I haven't even insulted the Patriots franchise or any of the players... So I don't see where you get that I'm trolling. I joined this board simply to ost the actual details of Anderson's contract, but you can't start a thread with less than 50 posts so I ended up in this one.

Yes, making idiotic claims like Tebow got through by beating up an injured Steelers team, but the Patriots would have lost to that same Steelers team, and calling that an indisputable fact.... that's not trolling. :rolleyes:

Good luck under your bridge.

Yes, making idiotic claims like Tebow got through by beating up an injured Steelers team, but the Patriots would have lost to that same Steelers team, and calling that an indisputable fact.... that's not trolling. :rolleyes:

Good luck under your bridge.

A healthy steelers team did beat the patriots, to help them achieve their 1-3 record against +500 teams last year.

A Steelers team with one legged big ben and so many injuries that even Tebow could throw on them? Yes. I'm dissing Tebow. Buffalo Beat Denver 40-14 while we were in the middle of our meltdown. Pittsburgh would have beaten you, Baltimore should have beaten you, and the Giants did beat you. The Patriots' first win against a team with a winning record came in the AFC championship game.

Yes, I'm a fan of a division opponent talking schedule. Why? Because I realize the Patriots were etter than the Bills. But the Bills had more .500+ wins than the Patriots did in the regular season. 'm just saying, the Patriots had the weakest road to the Super Bowl of any team I can remember, and I think even you would agree that's indisputable.

Yeahhhhh......OKAYYYYYYYY....beam me up, Marv Levy.

The Steelers would beat the Patriots because they lost to a team that went into Foxboro and got blown out 45-10....on top of a complete beat down in Denver a few weeks before.

Way to run with the logic thing there, Francis.

So Baltimore "should" have won but the Giants did win.....because of a Welker drop. You do realize that this type of "thinking" means the Patriots "should" have beaten the Giants if for some stupifying reason Baltimore "should" have won?

I know you don't want to hear this and it's most likely WAY OVER your head.......but.......

Baltimore lost the AFCCG despite being +2 in turnovers. Based on the history of the NFL, a +2 turnover equates to an 85% chance of winning. In other words, the inferior team was allowed to stay close but could not win....because they were inferior.

The reality is the Ravens were dominated in all aspects save for.......QB play. Normal "Brady" play would have equated to a minmum three score victory. If ya ever bothered to like watch football ya might have noticed Brady missing a wide open Gronk on drive 1 and a wide open Hernandez drive 3. Normal Brady play= TD's

As far as the Super Bowl...well....the reality is a healthy Gronk and that's a multi score win. The Giants (like the Bills) benefitted from the loss of a TE in a two TE based offense.

You honestly think Chase Blackburn gets an INT on a healthy Gronk?

However, fate determined that a Giants team with a +2 turnover plus 2 point safety got to squeek out a come from behind win because of and only because of an unforced Welker drop.

Admit what you "think"? Yeah like when unicorns poop Skittles.

A healthy steelers team did beat the patriots, to help them achieve their 1-3 record against +500 teams last year.

And again you troll, badly. The Bills beat the Patriots in their first matchup last season. The second matchup? Not so much...

Last edited:

The only team the Patriots own more than the Squeelers is the Bills :cool:

Last edited:

how many games did the bills loose last year?

who won the division?

god my memory is just soooo bad :(

It's interesting that you trust salvation on two DE's that were on the 2010 Texans defense...........

The defense that is recognized as one of the worst in NFL history.

I'm not sure why this thread is so toxic, but the Buffalo Bills have brought in some real talent on defense, The spending has ignited season ticket sales and has made them clearly the primary challenger in the division for the Patriots. I also see the Patriots loading up with a blocking TE and two blocking fullbacks as a response to the Bills and the beating the Pats' offensive line took last year against blitzing defenses.

The Bills have an offense that can put points on the board and now a first-tier defensive line - the best in the AFC East. Fortunately, the Patriots have a first-tier offensive line and weapons everywhere to keep them at bay. I see the Bills wreaking havoc in the AFC and making the playoffs.

One last point - congratulations to Mark Anderson on his deal. A good guy who plays hard and earned a great deal in free agency.

Last edited:

I'm not sure why this thread is so toxic, but the Buffalo Bills have brought in some real talent on defense, The spending has ignited season ticket sales and has made them clearly the primary challenger in the division for the Patriots. I also see the Patriots loading up with a blocking TE and two blocking fullbacks as a response to the Bills and the beating the Pats' offensive line took last year against blitzing defenses.

The Bills have an offense that can put points on the board and now a first-tier defensive line - the best in the AFC East. Fortunately, the Patriots have a first-tier offensive line and weapons everywhere to keep them at bay. I see the Bills wreaking havoc in the AFC and making the playoffs.

One last point - congratulations to Mark Anderson on his deal. A good guy who plays hard and earned a great deal in free agency.

Pretty much how i see it.

My god man, is all the energy you've invested trolling a Pats board worth it?

Having said that, I'm excited to see the matchups this season between the Bills and Patriots, seeing as the other two teams in the AFC Eastern Conference have done little to improve themselves.

-jamman

That's really what this thread should be about. Anderson cashed in and good on him.

Please, please be right!!!

A Tebow led team beat the Steelers but not a Tom Brady led Patriots team?

LOL.

Standard procedure for all births in the Buffalo metropolitan area..

1) Slap the mother

2) Drop the baby on its' head

3) Repeat the process in the case of twins

Nothing toxic.

This a question of basic common sense. As per my origional question......

Why does one as a Bills fan place so much faith on two guys who played together in 2010 on a historically bad defense?

Same logic that says the Steelers would win despite losing to a team that was blown out the following week.

This a question of basic common sense. As per my origional question......

Why does one as a Bills fan place so much faith on two guys who played together in 2010 on a historically bad defense?

I think the reason for the excitement, or faith, in your words, in Williams and Anderson having more success than that '10 Texans D is the caliber of DTs the Bills have.

Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus are both outstanding players. If they remain healthy and simply play to thier ability, there should be very little room for QBs to step up in the pocket.

It seems like you are evaluating Mario and Anderson in a vacuum, rather than in the context of playing alongside Kyle and Dareus.

I think the reason for the excitement, or faith, in your words, in Williams and Anderson having more success than that '10 Texans D is the caliber of DTs the Bills have.

Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus are both outstanding players. If they remain healthy and simply play to thier ability, there should be very little room for QBs to step up in the pocket.

It seems like you are evaluating Mario and Anderson in a vacuum, rather than in the context of playing alongside Kyle and Dareus.

Actually, no

Both provide an upgrade. As I stated earlier, I can see the Bills as a 11-5/10-6 team (injury a wild factor).

If you think this fundamentally alters the balance in the AFC.......the question still stands.

Actually, no

Both provide an upgrade. As I stated earlier, I can see the Bills as a 11-5/10-6 team (injury a wild factor).

If you think this fundamentally alters the balance in the AFC.......the question still stands.

Your question was "Why does one as a Bills fan place so much faith on two guys who played together in 2010 on a historically bad defense?"

I'm simply trying to give you some insight as to why a Bills fan may feel excited about these two guys in the context of the Bills' personnel, rather than using your evaluation method, which is in the context of the 2010 Texans' D.

Nothing more.

Your question was "Why does one as a Bills fan place so much faith on two guys who played together in 2010 on a historically bad defense?"

I'm simply trying to give you some insight as to why a Bills fan may feel excited about these two guys in the context of the Bills' personnel, rather than using your evaluation method, which is in the context of the 2010 Texans' D.

Nothing more.

I know why you are excited. I'd be excited if I was a Bills fan..... Actually, I am excited because I hope this means the Bills start knocking the snot out of the Jets and Dolphins.

As a Bills fan, do you view this as an "exciting upgrade", "difference maker", or a "real game changer"?

How one views these additions would dictate the validity of a fan coming here to talk smack.

I

As a Bills fan, do you view this as an "exciting upgrade", "difference maker", or a "real game changer"?

Right now I'd say "exciting upgrade" with the potential to be a "difference maker". Long way to go however as guys need to stay healthy and there's also this little thing called the actual season. :)

The Bills' pass rush was just so woefully anemic last year that any semblance of an upgrade, perceived or real, is going to get the fans' juices flowing a little bit. It was so painful to watch guys like Sanchez, Moore, Dalton, and Hasselbeck just sit there all day and pick us apart. Hopefully that will change somewhat this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST