PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

I don't care what anyone says the Bills are going to be a bear this season. I think we split. But they still take second place in the East.

Bills fans are excited and for the first time in a while they have a reason to be. They have bandwagon fans as much as anyone else but when you actually sit and catch a game with them they're a football educated town.

Most i've talked to are enjoying their Super Bowl free agency, and think they could nab a wildcard, but i havent heard a fan yet (besides the usual knuckleheads) say they were taking our spot as the kings of the East.

Classy post. No, I (and most Bills fans) do not really think we are going to take the AFC East. The Pats are just too good and Brady is...well Brady. That said you are right, our organization seems to now have a FO that is committed to winning and they have a clue on how to evaluate and for Buffalo, the ability to close and get a FA in the door.

Did we overpay? Yeah, probably, but the Bills needed to demonstrate that they are now a real destination for good players - with a coach and FO that are not a joke...see Miami and the Jests.

I would be happy with 9-7 or 10-6, a Pats split and a playoff game. Been a long 12 years man...

Last edited:
Re: Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guarant

Don't think we'll take your spot just yet but I think it'll be a lot closer than you guys hope. Maybe 12-4 for the Patriots and 11-5 for Buffalo

The Bills signed Anderson and Williams.

They didn't get Peyton Manning, and Mike Wallace too.

Put down the pipe

Classy post. No, I (and most Bills fans) do not really think we are going to take the AFC East. The Pats are just too good and Brady is...well Brady. That said you are right, our organization seems to now have a FO that is committed to winning and they have a clue on how to evaluate and for Buffalo, the ability to close and get a FA in the door.

Did we overpay? Yeah, probably, but the Bills needed to demonstrate that they are now a real destination for good players - with a coach and FO that are not a joke...see Miami and the Jests.

I would be happy with 9-7 or 10-6, a Pats split and a playoff game. Been a long 12 years man...

I think you'll find i'm a classy guy. I almost chose ClassyGronk as my handle but decided against it, but it was close.

Bills fans have always been my favorite football fans (besides my obvious bias). I've gone to a handful of stadiums and it seems to me the camaraderie feel is the thickest at Wilson stadium. Granted it can go from fun to feisty in like no seconds flat but i'm pretty sure anytime you get tens of thousands of people, pour them full of alcohol, and have them party outside of the bloodiest sports since the gladiator days you're going to get some riled up human beings, no matter where you are.

Last edited:

And is mostly recognized as that because of a terrible scheme... :rolleyes:

Rules of reality

Water is wet

Fire is hot

Pain hurts

When they trot out "blame the scheme"....it's the players.

I actually enjoy going to Buffalo so there is zero animosity. There is reality.

The Bills signed Anderson and Williams.

They didn't get Peyton Manning, and Mike Wallace too.

Put down the pipe

The Bills were a couple bad calls away from starting the season 7-0. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

Rules of reality

Water is wet

Fire is hot

Pain hurts

When they trot out "blame the scheme"....it's the players.

I actually enjoy going to Buffalo so there is zero animosity. There is reality.

If the players were the ones using the scheme excuse I would agree, but alas they are not.

If the players were the ones using the scheme excuse I would agree, but alas they are not.

Excuses are like.......everyone has one and they all stink.

Besides, the two facts known are the scheme changed and the two applicable players were not there.

The Bills in week three and the Giants in the Super Bowl greatly benefitted from having one of the TE's not available. Based on this month's moves that window is rapidly closing.

However, 11-5 or 10-6 is pretty reasonable, injuries are always the unknown.

Excuses are like.......everyone has one and they all stink.

Besides, the two facts known are the scheme changed and the two applicable players were not there.

The Bills in week three and the Giants in the Super Bowl greatly benefitted from having one of the TE's not available. Based on this month's moves that window is rapidly closing.

However, 11-5 or 10-6 is pretty reasonable, injuries are always the unknown.

It looks like the New England FO's plan is to make the offense good enough to cancel out how bad the defense will be. Am I right? It worked well enough last year, but then again you guys really got the path paved for you to get to the Super bowl. The easy schedule followed by getting the Denver Tebows and then Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff. Either way, I'd take those breaks to get back there. We'll see how things play out. Championships aren't won in March.

The Bills were a couple bad calls away from starting the season 7-0. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts...the Patriots would be world champions again. But they're not and the Bills weren't 7-0 (for whatever being 7-0 is worth). Really don't want to hear about 'bad calls' or even worse 'injuries'

Having said that I think you're team is going to be in the running this year. So like I said before...take baby steps and go troll the Jets board.

Last edited:

Good post. You are obviously one of the many level headed Bill fans I've enjoyed talking football with during my salmon fishing trips to western NY :rocker:

Last edited:

It looks like the New England FO's plan is to make the offense good enough to cancel out how bad the defense will be. Am I right? It worked well enough last year, but then again you guys really got the path paved for you to get to the Super bowl. The easy schedule followed by getting the Denver Tebows and then Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff. Either way, I'd take those breaks to get back there. We'll see how things play out. Championships aren't won in March.

No, actually you are not correct.

My guess is that Thurman Thomas jersey you wear to bed inhibits your understanding of NFL defense circa 2011/2.

What's up with a division fanbase talking schedule? Has someone ever bothered to let you know that we kinda play the same schedule? Are you dissing our record because our division opponents completely blow?

What's up dissing Tebow? That seems to be the same guy that hammered the Steelers the week before. Also, I wouldn't rag on the Ravens, Brady bent over backwards to see they didn't get blown out and they still couldn't get it done. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team.

Actually - I think the Pats went hard in offensive FO to allow themselves to load up on Def in this draft. Clearly they are better on Off with maybe the exception of losing the Law Firm.

I think this is a year that BB uses his picks rather than trading them down and into the future. Who knows though, BB does his thing...pretty damn well.

Go Bills!

Actually - I think the Pats went hard in offensive FO to allow themselves to load up on Def in this draft. Clearly they are better on Off with maybe the exception of losing the Law Firm.

I think this is a year that BB uses his picks rather than trading them down and into the future. Who knows though, BB does his thing...pretty damn well.

Go Bills!

Actually, it appears the flury of FA activity on offense is based on the fact that the opportunities were there.

I) BB wanted to sign Fells back in 2010. At the time, it was obvious Gronk and Hernandez were on the radar and as week 3 and the Super Bowl proved......nothing is more damaging to a two TE based offense than losing one of the TE's.

II) BB has always said WR is a most difficult position to project to the NFL. If a WR that excels in your system wants to play for you at a huge discount........ya kinda gots to sign him.

III) Taylor Price was the fasted WR at the 2010 combine. BB must have had him projected to replace Moss as the "stretch the field" guy. Stallworth can fill that role and is a good YAC guy and cheap.

III) Taylor Price was the fasted WR at the 2010 combine. BB must have had him projected to replace Moss as the "stretch the field" guy. Stallworth can fill that role and is a good YAC guy and cheap.
...And I would add that IF Koppen, Connolly, AND Wendell don't all get hurt, Talyor Price is still on the team and Stallworth isn't

No, actually you are not correct.

My guess is that Thurman Thomas jersey you wear to bed inhibits your understanding of NFL defense circa 2011/2.

What's up with a division fanbase talking schedule? Has someone ever bothered to let you know that we kinda play the same schedule? Are you dissing our record because our division opponents completely blow?

What's up dissing Tebow? That seems to be the same guy that hammered the Steelers the week before. Also, I wouldn't rag on the Ravens, Brady bent over backwards to see they didn't get blown out and they still couldn't get it done. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team.

A Steelers team with one legged big ben and so many injuries that even Tebow could throw on them? Yes. I'm dissing Tebow. Buffalo Beat Denver 40-14 while we were in the middle of our meltdown. Pittsburgh would have beaten you, Baltimore should have beaten you, and the Giants did beat you. The Patriots' first win against a team with a winning record came in the AFC championship game.

Yes, I'm a fan of a division opponent talking schedule. Why? Because I realize the Patriots were etter than the Bills. But the Bills had more .500+ wins than the Patriots did in the regular season. 'm just saying, the Patriots had the weakest road to the Super Bowl of any team I can remember, and I think even you would agree that's indisputable.

Actually, it appears the flury of FA activity on offense is based on the fact that the opportunities were there.

I) BB wanted to sign Fells back in 2010. At the time, it was obvious Gronk and Hernandez were on the radar and as week 3 and the Super Bowl proved......nothing is more damaging to a two TE based offense than losing one of the TE's.
II) BB has always said WR is a most difficult position to project to the NFL. If a WR that excels in your system wants to play for you at a huge discount........ya kinda gots to sign him.

Gronk for Madden '13 Cover!!! :rocker:

A Steelers team with one legged big ben and so many injuries that even Tebow could throw on them? Yes. I'm dissing Tebow. Buffalo Beat Denver 40-14 while we were in the middle of our meltdown. Pittsburgh would have beaten you, Baltimore should have beaten you, and the Giants did beat you. The Patriots' first win against a team with a winning record came in the AFC championship game.

Yes, I'm a fan of a division opponent talking schedule. Why? Because I realize the Patriots were etter than the Bills. But the Bills had more .500+ wins than the Patriots did in the regular season. 'm just saying, the Patriots had the weakest road to the Super Bowl of any team I can remember, and I think even you would agree that's indisputable.

The silliness of your posts is increasing along with the post count.

The silliness of your posts is increasing along with the post count.

I just re-read my post and I see nothing stated that isn't irrefutable fact, despite the last sentence. Please explain how I'm being silly?

I just re-read my post and I see nothing stated that isn't irrefutable fact, despite the last sentence. Please explain how I'm being silly?

Pittsburgh would have beaten you, Baltimore should have beaten you, and the Giants did beat you.

2 out of 3 right in that sentence are not "irrefutable fact". Now, you can keep trolling until you get banned, or you can post with a bit more knowledge and respect for the fact that you're on another team's board.

It's your choice, really. If you want to keep clowning yourself, have at it, and the mods will eventually shut your circus down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST