PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Anderson Signs with the Bills for 4 Years, $27.5 million; $8 million guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, please spare me the faux outrage. I thought this was reasonably clear, but if the choice is Anderson at ~6.75 per or Anderson in another uniform, then yes, from a business/economic perspective, I say good riddance. There's nothing personal about it and I don't know why you'd think otherwise.

i don't think you are using the term "good riddance" correctly

He's going to be paired opposite Mario Williams. Not only did he hit the FA lottery, but he should look very good on the pass rush for them.

Buffalo's defense is is going to be tough. Much like Miami's defense.

When Houston had both of them in 2010 they were 29th in points allowed and 30th in yards allowed. They're good addtions to Buffalo but I'm not convinced it automatically makes them a good defensive team.

i don't think you are using the term "good riddance" correctly

Well, I'm at work so I don't always have time to compose posts artfully. Adios, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, au revoir, bon voyage, whatever.

When Houston had both of them in 2010 they were 29th in points allowed and 30th in yards allowed. They're good addtions to Buffalo but I'm not convinced it automatically makes them a good defensive team.

They were 29th and 30th not because of Williams and Anderson but because of their pathetic secondary. They added Jonathon Joseph and Daniael Manning and became a top 3 defense.

Well, I'm at work so I don't always have time to compose posts artfully. Adios, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, au revoir, bon voyage, whatever.

if you consider those synonyms then you were not

They were 29th and 30th not because of Williams and Anderson but because of their pathetic secondary. They added Jonathon Joseph and Daniael Manning and became a top 3 defense.

They added a whole lot more than Joseph and Manning.

That's way too much money so the Bills are the new Redskins huh.
I can understand one last hurrah,for Mr Wilson, they have the best team they've had in a long time so there throwing out crazy money.
The Patriots are doing what they always do pay below market value for guys who are coming off devastating injuries like Scott, Gonzalez to see if they pay off, or for guys who want to be a part of a winning program, Lloyd, Fannene,
or pick up grizzled vets who are no longer elite but can compete and are hungry for a ring, Stallworth, Allen.
The Patriots must see alot of defensive fits in this coming draft, I hope to see Perry and Brockers in Patriot uniforms come next season.

BB needs to ensure we have a strong run game to counter this

I actually thinks this plays to the Patriots strengths. This is going to make life much harder for the Jets and Dolphins whereas the Patriots have a QB who can read any defense and get rid of the ball instantly (Wes Welker) and they have the best OL in football. That's a good DL and they can get after the QB but they will hurt others much more than they will NE.

Anderson and Williams had almost nothing to do with that top 3 defense.

At least one cannot say the Buffalo Bills organization are cheapskates this year.

Dude, please spare me the faux outrage. I thought this was reasonably clear, but if the choice is Anderson at ~6.75 per or Anderson in another uniform, then yes, from a business/economic perspective, I say good riddance. There's nothing personal about it and I don't know why you'd think otherwise.

Agreed, that's way too much money for a situational pass rusher. I agree with the analogy someone else threw out comparing it to when the Patriots overpaid TBC.

Good deal for Anderson. While I'd have liked to have him back, I don't think he's worth that much money. It would be nice if we could get Carter back on another one year deal. And hopefully use one of those first four draft picks on a pass rusher.

I also think this helps the Patriots in free agency as it just emphasizes to players around the league that they can turn a short term deal in NE into bigger money if they play well there.

I actually thinks this plays to the Patriots strengths. This is going to make life much harder for the Jets and Dolphins whereas the Patriots have a QB who can read any defense and get rid of the ball instantly (Wes Welker) and they have the best OL in football. That's a good DL and they can get after the QB but they will hurt others much more than they will NE.

We've had problems with strong pass rush teams, Giants, Ravens. Pats might need to assign guard help to the outside leaving the dreaded interior rush blitz open.

Patfanken's head just exploded.
:D You're right Tip. If it wasn't for the fact the "Tebow to the Pats rumor" thread finally ending and the complete circus the Jets just became, my head would have exploded.

I don't know what the money is, if its $4MM+/yr, then it will help me to understand, if its less, then I won't. At any rate all I can do now is hope they resign Carter and Scott turns into this year's version of Mark Anderson. Or maybe there could be a Cunningham sighting. ;)

And they became that top ten defense without Mark Anderson entirely and with Mario Williams for only 5 games. You could argue it was the complete change in defensive philosophy that had more impact than anything.

Look, they're good players, it's better for the Bills to have them than not have them, but if building a defense were as simple as adding a couple DE's, we'd see a lot more elite defenses in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News