PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning To Retire Per Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.
""There was no one who could out-prepare me. And because of that, I have no regrets."

- Except for Bill Belichick and most teams you faced in the playoffs, Peyton.

""There was no one who could out-prepare me. And because of that, I have no regrets."

- Except for Bill Belichick and most teams you faced in the playoffs, Peyton.
Zo and Bertrand were just killing him for this... acting like he was some sort of untalented underdog that outworked everyone rather than the Silver Spoon Football Messiah like he's been treated since he had braces..

I heard his speech, i have respect,respect,respect,respect,respect for the man.

Not to defend Polian as I think he's a cretin, but he was the GM of the 90's Bills teams (yes we all know they didn't win a SB) but they were one hell of a team...
Polian is a HoF GM There is no debate over that.

With that said he is not as good of a GM as BB. Not even close.

Peyton Manning punted a question about his sexual assault accusation during his fawning retirement press conference Monday — denying he did anything wrong, and hiding behind a quote from "Forrest Gump." "It is sad that some people don't understand the truth and the facts," Manning told reporters after USA Today reporter Lindsay Jones asked about the accusations.
"I did not do what has been alleged. And I am not interested in re-litigating something that happened when I was 19 years old."

The ESPN feed from the conference happened to cut out right in the middle of his answer.

Manning said he wanted to simply "enjoy this day" and concluded: "Like Forrest Gump said, that's all I have to say about that."
Peyton Manning asked about sex case, quotes 'Forrest Gump'

“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump

would have been more appropriate.

Over his career, Forehead Omaha lost to BB more than any other coach (12) and to Brady more than any other QB (11). He beat Jeff Fisher more than any other coach (13) :D.

Not to defend Polian as I think he's a cretin, but he was the GM of the 90's Bills teams (yes we all know they didn't win a SB) but they were one hell of a team...
Would have been ran off as Colts GM though if Peyton were not around. And would be nowhere even near considered a HOF GM

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know when one of the chocolates is going to be the vulgar little ***** you thought it was, mouth off to you, and force you to stick your balls on its face.

Would have been ran off as Colts GM though if Peyton were not around. And would be nowhere even near considered a HOF GM
I think the guy is a douche but you can't just take his best player away and assume the rest of his tenure from there...it's like saying BB would be run off w/o Brady. Maybe, maybe not, but didn't happen that way. They drafted very well esp at the top end of the draft and built a team that was very competitive for over a decade and even that only ended with the Manning neck surgery season.

NFL network "experts" chose Brady as the GOAT at a vote of 10-2 vs Manning and others (with a couple not specifying order).

Now Manning has gone, how far off is Brady from some of those major records to make him unanimous GOAT to non-Pat fans?

(Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere)

This guy is turning out to be a gigantic classless piece of sh!t.

Between the Patriots stuff and now this. He's the exact reason why Twitter should not be used by professional athletes.

Saw this comment on one of NFL's Facebook posts. My God. 500+ delusional idiots agreed with this guy.

T10GBdz.png

Saw this comment on one of NFL's Facebook posts. My God. 500+ delusional idiots agreed with this guy.

T10GBdz.png
Wtf? How are Favre and Namath in some special elite category?

Man, I'm kinda bummed he got to be dragged to a SB win before he retired. He didn't deserve to go out on such a high note. Should've gone out on yet another one and done.
The only thing worse than seeing payaton and those classless broncos winning the super bowl would have been seeing the JESTS winning the super bowl. It ruined my day.

Wtf? How are Favre and Namath in some special elite category?
Lol was thinking the same thing.. Talk about "lmao"... Favre mayyyybbeee bc of the 3 straight MVPs but even with that and his Ironman record, his career fell well short of that upper elite. Namath, gimme a break... One great guarantee/game and he's elite??

Lol was thinking the same thing.. Talk about "lmao"... Favre mayyyybbeee bc of the 3 straight MVPs but even with that and his Ironman record, his career fell well short of that upper elite. Namath, gimme a break... One great guarantee/game and he's elite??
I made the connection -

Manning: teabags his athletic trainer
Favre: sends d*ck pics to female reporter
Namath: gets drunk, tries to make a move on Suzy Kolber

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back