PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are officially the new us.

I said it yesterday. The NFL has every intention of making Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs better than Brady and the Pats.
Its the same NFL that said the Chiefs are a dynasty with only 2 rings and are actively lowering the bar for him.Pat knows he needs more (8 rings)than Tom otherwise he'll never be satisfied.

People who say that the Chiefs' remarkable success "doesn't take anything away from what the Patriots accomplished" are coping so ****ing hard it's not even funny. It absolutely does. The Patriots run was supposed to be unrepeatable, unapproachable, a once in a lifetime run of success. So much for that. We'll see about longevity, but for another QB to come along and outpace Brady less than a year after he left the NFL is something none of us saw coming. This whole timeline post Brady ****ing BLOWS. A living nightmare for Patriots fans who are being honest to themselves.

No, it was never supposed to be that. Another dynasty and historic run by some other team was always going to happen sooner or later. You fooling yourself to think otherwise is a you problem.

Speaking of you problems... I think you're overestimating the amount of people that think like you. A nightmare because another franchise is having their moment in the sun? I was over the chiefs winning as soon as the game ended. Tip your cap, or don't... Either way it's not that deep.

They’re inevitable. The league is now at their mercy.

Sucks to see someone else do what we did, but here we are.
I wouldn't necessarily say the Chiefs are us. We did it across two decades, we had longevity on our side. Is Reid going to coach another 10 seasons? Is Mahomes going to play 20 plus seasons?

I absolutely commend them for winning, but thier coach is 66, thier best skill position player is 35.. we did it in different ways for so long in wich I honestly don't believe anyone else will.

Again taking nothing away from KC but our reign was on another level.

People who say that the Chiefs' remarkable success "doesn't take anything away from what the Patriots accomplished" are coping so ****ing hard it's not even funny. It absolutely does. The Patriots run was supposed to be unrepeatable, unapproachable, a once in a lifetime run of success. So much for that. We'll see about longevity, but for another QB to come along and outpace Brady less than a year after he left the NFL is something none of us saw coming. This whole timeline post Brady ****ing BLOWS. A living nightmare for Patriots fans who are being honest to themselves.
I think coping and living nightmare are big time stretches but I think other than the hyperbole I think what you're saying is somewhat accurate.

While our run was going we had to deal with jealous old players/teams getting protective of their turf (the Phins/Shula/Mercury in 07, Steelers with their one for the thumb, niners protective of Joe) and I told myself I wouldn't act like that when it comes our time. Thus far it's been easy not to be a hater and just enjoy the Chiefs and Mahomes for the greatness they are.

All that said I immediately became a hater at least for a season as I don't want to see them do something we couldn't and 3peat. They are still a long way off so if they don't 3peat I can easily go back to previous stance and not be a hater.

Their defense was legit
I credit them mostly for this Superbowl
Thier defense was lousy for a few years.. they finally got good.

Not just good they were elite and one could argue a historic one.
I'd say good..They were good not elite. Our defense is better. We were dam good ourselves without the 2 best players. You can run on KC. I don't think they were a historical defense just my opinion but they were good.

Brady is so awesome <3

@SHOWTIME15 who's your daddy. :D

Let's hear your argument for why it's historic?
Held the top 4 offenses in the NFL to 12.5 PPG in the post season
From the 2nd half of the AFCCG to the muffed punt in the Superbowl the Chiefs offense scored 3 pts only and the defense kept them in it

There are a few posters on here who are deep cover trolls too.
Given their blind hatred of BB and everything that he did for the franchise, I am starting to wonder if a couple of them are really Don Shula lovers in disguise.

I was a little perplexed on him saying elite! McDuffie is a good CB.. gonzo is better
I'd love to think Gonzo is awesome but his career is only 4 games so far. Hope so!

On that topic is Gonzo still a "rookie" in the NFL's eyes in 2024 with only 4 games of experience? I thought the NFL deems anything less than 6 games a first year player?

Held the top 4 offenses in the NFL to 12.5 PPG in the post season
From the 2nd half of the AFCCG to the muffed punt in the Superbowl the Chiefs offense scored 3 pts only and the defense kept them in it
Don't know about historic but yeah I'd call them elite. Also stepped up big when it mattered most. The best Kermit has had by far.

Fuk no they aren’t, Mahomes has 3, Brady’s got 7. Patriots have 6, KC has 3.

I think that game showed you can win with Purdy in the right system but you'll probably never win because of him.

I mean we're talking about Mr Irrelevant so I don't mean that as a criticism at all, heck I'd take him here in the short term.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back