PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are officially the new us.

I'd love to think Gonzo is awesome but his career is only 4 games so far. Hope so!

On that topic is Gonzo still a "rookie" in the NFL's eyes in 2024 with only 4 games of experience? I thought the NFL deems anything less than 6 games a first year player?
He was playing at an all pro level and he hadn't even tapped potential. McDuffie plays off effort. He's good but gonzo is better in my opinion he was on the top 5 of CB rating before his injury.

Reactions: sb1
I don't care if Mahomes wins 10, doesn't take away my enjoyment of watching Brady win all those years.
And nor should it! It would definitely change the GOAT narrative though

Very true, but try convincing the media of that.

Let's be real, even when Brady had four wins we weren't exactly saying "Montana and Brady have nothing to do with each other", instead we were saying "Brady is the GOAT"
I guess it was easy for Brady to take that approach because he's so far ahead of Mahomes.

I still value titles most of all and is the reason I was pulling for KC. If SF had won the Pats would be tied with them.

I guess it was easy for Brady to take that approach because he's so far ahead of Mahomes.

I still value titles most of all and is the reason I was pulling for KC. If SF had won the Pats would be tied with them.
Lol the Steelers are tied with us too it doesn't matter anybody but KC was the right choice. Oh well hopefully they fail next year but they hve a good chance of a three peat. No AFC team is good enough

Lol the Steelers are tied with us too it doesn't matter anybody but KC was the right choice. Oh well hopefully they fail next year but they hve a good chance of a three peat. No AFC team is good enough
I'll cross that KC bridge later. Right now I'm happy that SF didn't get to six.

As for the Steelers, they may have six total but there's a 35 year gap between them. The Pats squeezed all of their SB wins into one dynasty and had to fight off Goody & the 32 to do it.

Absolutely agree. We had the longevity, teams aren't doing what we did for the length of time.. I've asked the questions:

Is mahaomes playing until he's 40?
Is Reid coaching into his 70s?
Is kecle playing past 35?

We sustained a reign of winning spanning 2 different decades. 10 superbowl appearances 6 titles ( should be 9) . Seems like with each superbowl the hunts are revising mahomes contract. He does not strike me as someone who will take less for good of the team like the GOAT did constantly. If so Tyreek hill would still be there. Kudos to KC they are great team have a great QB.. but I just don't think anyone will have the lasting power and length of time we had.

Held the top 4 offenses in the NFL to 12.5 PPG in the post season
From the 2nd half of the AFCCG to the muffed punt in the Superbowl the Chiefs offense scored 3 pts only and the defense kept them in it
I forgot they played 4 playoffs games and I left out the Mia game where they held a very good offense to 7. You might be right about it being a historic defensive run.

Also got to factor in that this is an offensive era. It indeed was impressive.

He was playing at an all pro level and he hadn't even tapped potential. McDuffie plays off effort. He's good but gonzo is better in my opinion he was on the top 5 of CB rating before his injury.
I'm all for being optimistic, but it's way to early to say what he is going to be. We've seen so many players have a great rookie season and then sort of flame out as people learned their tendencies. Also he has an injury and just missed a year at a very crucial time in adapting to NL play. I hope he comes out as strong as he did last year. But we can't just be taking it for granted that we are getting this mega stud coming back.

I'm all for being optimistic, but it's way to early to say what he is going to be. We've seen so many players have a great rookie season and then sort of flame out as people learned their tendencies. Also he has an injury and just missed a year at a very crucial time in adapting to NL play. I hope he comes out as strong as he did last year. But we can't just be taking it for granted that we are getting this mega stud coming back.
I'm with you, and I get it. However in 4 games I saw enough of gonzo as he was starting CB playing 90 plus % or snaps. I'm just speaking relatively on what he did as rookie on a bad team. Have to remember he was out there alot as the defense was on the field all the time. He doesn't have a Mahomes to benefit from. McDuffie was getting his licks early on as teams were picking on him. Gonzo made QBs go away from him from week 1. So I'm with you on optimism, but we've seen alot more of McDuffie than we have gonzo so I can understand your point.

Here's where gonzo was ranked at # 3 when he got injured by USA today.. Screenshot_20240213_131715_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol. There's several of these. They were holding the entire time. No calls.

Give all the credit in the world to Mahomes. I’ve only seen one other player like him and it’s Tom Brady.

As Pats fans it’s ****ing lame not to respect greatness when you see it.
Yeah not comparing a player to Brady who has 4 less superbowls about 60 k yards and 400 td's is lame. Sorry Troy Aiman has 3 superbowls in 6 years too, compare mahomes to him.

This Superbowl is the perfect example (as if we needed it) as to why you dont want a game manager at QB ..and you want a killer at QB (not the #81 but the on the playing field type).

Pick a QB at 3 please.
Purdy put them up 3 times. lol It took the niners best linebacker getting hurt, a kicker missing an extra point and a ball bouncing off a guys foot or that game manager is a superbowl champ.

The NFL has been ruled by dynasties since the 1930's. Even the briefest eras of "parity" were defined by repeat champions and near dynasties. A quick replacement for the Pats reign was an inevitability.

That said, I'm happy it's the Chiefs. They are a classic, long suffering organization. They win like we did...strong defense, all time great QB elevating a bargain bin receiving core, next man up ethic, they won twice while rebuilding. The hate they get here was always undue - a reflection of our fear that our run could be outdone. Better them than some chump team like Buffalo or Baltimore.

Purdy put them up 3 times. lol It took the niners best linebacker getting hurt, a kicker missing an extra point and a ball bouncing off a guys foot or that game manager is a superbowl champ.
Purdy put them up 3 times? When?!?! Juan Jennings threw for a TD. Purdy tossed another.

If Purdy tossed 3 TDs they'd be champs. Purdy lead drives that stalled out when it mattered most and was forced to kick FGs vs the best QB in the game. Was shut down in the 3rd quarter.

I'm not crapping on the guy - he belongs in the NFL but he didn't make the plays that needed to be made to beat Mahomes. Period.

Absolutely agree. We had the longevity, teams aren't doing what we did for the length of time.. I've asked the questions:

Is mahaomes playing until he's 40?
Is Reid coaching into his 70s?
Is kecle playing past 35?

We sustained a reign of winning spanning 2 different decades. 10 superbowl appearances 6 titles ( should be 9) . Seems like with each superbowl the hunts are revising mahomes contract. He does not strike me as someone who will take less for good of the team like the GOAT did constantly. If so Tyreek hill would still be there. Kudos to KC they are great team have a great QB.. but I just don't think anyone will have the lasting power and length of time we had.
Like I said, the Chiefs could potentially go on the same run but in a shorter period of time. What team is stopping them from going to a bunch of Super Bowls in the next 5 seasons?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back