PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Mangini has strategy for slaying dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Jets are moving in a positive direction but i am hoping they aren't quite there yet.

Coles and Cotchery seem to always have big games against us.

That O line will have another year of experience and is young and talented.

Thomas Jones was a determined runner for the bears and I think will run with a chip on his shoulder.

Now Rhodes is a great talent in the secondary but other then that they don't concern me at all.

That D line can not edge out our aggressive offensive line with the new zone blocking to open up huge holes for Maroney.

In all honesty I think we win the game by 10 points or more.

Seemed like a fluff piece to me. I wouldn't discount the Jets, they are going to be jacked up and at home. If the Pats look past them to the game against SD they will be in big trouble.

I wouldn't be the shock of all shocks if the Pats start 0-2 but I think then win against the Jets and lock up the division on September 9.

I got a kick out of Belichick's which implies Mangini is calmly and dispassionately going after his first.

btw if a 4th SB is 'elusive' after two years pursuing it, what adjective do you use to describe a 2nd SB pursued for 38 years?

Note: I'm quoting the author at this thread's link of course, not BB.
I arched an eyebrow at the use of the word "desparation" too. Who are you kidding? BB already has a place assured in Canton. The New York Jets haven't won a Super Bowl since 1967. Now THAT'S desparation.

And then there was this: "IN the ever-evolving, high-stakes chess game between the Jets and Patriots...". Jets fans must be delusional if they think that BB worries about how to beat the Jets, more so than the Chargers, Colts, Dolphins or Bills.

No, no NO!!! Over at Jets Insider they're praising The Puffin commenting how he's lost weight and is lean and mean for the season. We're doomed!
LOL! I didn't know what a puffin was so I googled for images and, by golly, he looks EXACTLY like one! :rofl:

I really can't wait for week 1. September can't get here soon enough.

A little dramatic, but all he's saying is the Jets will have a good running game.

Seems like a good fit with Washington, but I wonder how good he could be if the Jets get him in his prime for a second round trade up?

All they did was go from the top to the bottom of #2.

2 1,000 seasons in a row too.

Do the Bears run an offense that makes RBs stats look good like the Broncs?

I seem to remember Anthony Thomas excelling there then doing nothing with other teams (actually I wasn't sure, but i looked it up and was right).

LOL! I didn't know what a puffin was so I googled for images and, by golly, he looks EXACTLY like one! :rofl:

Right. Jets fans last year loved calling him the Penguin which I perverted into the Puffin. Apt.

I seem to remember Anthony Thomas excelling there then doing nothing with other teams (actually I wasn't sure, but i looked it up and was right).
I mean, c'mon. Thomas ran for 1,000 there in 2003 which was a completely different coaching staff, four seasons ago and a lot of different personnel with the Bears. I hardly think its relevant to Jones' 1,000 yard seasons. Different OC's and systems.

J D Sal

:rofl: :rofl: :violent: :violent:

I hope they run at us 16 straight times to start the game. Man, Chad is going to be pissed that he only got 10 chances to throw, and the RBs are going to be mad that they ran into a brick wall 20 times, as the Jets go on to set a record for fewest offensive plays in a game.

An 0-2 brick wall is what u Patsies are staring at to start the '07 campaign

An 0-2 brick wall is what u Patsies are staring at to start the '07 campaign

:rolleyes: I like our chances better than the "we just lost our franchise Left Tackle and every notible player on defense:eek: " Dolts.

How will you guys finish after Manning spends the whole season on his *****?

He is "Man-Jerky" to me. Dough Boy didn't look so brilliant on the side lines in the playoffs.

He's been trying to get the right weather conditions so he can pull this off. However he will have to wait until the 12/16 game to have any hope.

penginismack.gif

Several experienced NFL coaches have tried and failed to beat Belichick, but yet "Krispie Kreme-gini" is going to do it? LOL.

If the Jets get Revis into camp I will feel alot more confident. I can see Brady become very frustrated with Moss which could become the Patsies downfall.

If the Jets get Revis into camp I will feel alot more confident. I can see Brady become very frustrated with Moss which could become the Patsies downfall.

Thank you, Nostradamus.

Looks like the Jesters are going to win their pre-season championship again. Winner real championships are the difficult thing and the Jesters last did that before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, and there an AFL not an AFC.

:rolleyes: I like our chances better than the "we just lost our franchise Left Tackle and every notible player on defense:eek: " Dolts.

How will you guys finish after Manning spends the whole season on his *****?

You guys will lose more games than Mannings gets sacked! JK, How about, you'll lose more than Manning gets picked?

Again, funny how all the sudden our defense lost "notable" players. I don't recall you folks thinking they were that notable last season?? Would you not agree that the TWO MOST notable are Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders?? Everyone else is just basically average?? Don't get me wrong, I like Brock and Mathis, but I don't think they will challenge for a starting spot in the Pro Bowl. Booger is a loss, but he wasn't hailed by Patsies as our savior last season. Seems you guys are wrong more than you are right recently. Don't forget, we DID have the WORST run D last season. Anything better than 173 per will be an IMPROVEMENT. We have speed, tacklers, and hitters. I like our chances to have a middle of the pack defense, and with Mudd and an experienced O-line, I don't see Manning taking the type of beating you are alluding to.

I'll be back on THIS thread to thump my chest when you get out of the blocks at 0-2.

Several experienced NFL coaches have tried and failed to beat Belichick, but yet "Krispie Kreme-gini" is going to do it? LOL.
Several, but not all. I heard Mangini has a special hotline to Dungy's desk! DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News