PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Mangini has strategy for slaying dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets are a joke and will finish 8-8 at best. Move along.

If the Jets get Revis into camp I will feel alot more confident. I can see Brady become very frustrated with Moss which could become the Patsies downfall.

LOL. Savvy analysis from a typically brilliant jet fan. What is this based on besides your wildest hopes and dreams? Has ANY player ever held the Patriots hostage this way? Somehow totally distracted them to the point of their "downfall?" And why would Moss have this secret power? And what has he shown since arriving in Foxboro to indicate that he'll be anything but a reformed good soldier?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer on the air.

If the Jets get Revis into camp I will feel alot more confident. I can see Brady become very frustrated with Moss which could become the Patsies downfall.

Repeat after me: Randy Moss is a luxury, not a necessity. If he acts up or underproduces (though I have no doubt that he'll be a major weapon all season long) but if he does, Brady's not going to give a damn. They have lots of other weapons already.

I swear, the people who think that Moss, a guy who's never been accused of being a clubhouse cancer in the first place, will single-handedly rot the Pats from within are freakin' clueless.

Exhibit A: Bryan Cox
Exhibit B: Corey Dillon
Exhibit C: Lawyer Milloy

There are others.

LOL. Savvy analysis from a typically brilliant jet fan. What is this based on besides your wildest hopes and dreams? Has ANY player ever held the Patriots hostage this way? Somehow totally distracted them to the point of their "downfall?" And why would Moss have this secret power? And what has he shown since arriving in Foxboro to indicate that he'll be anything but a reformed good soldier?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer on the air.

I'll say this:

Champ.
Bailey.

That wasn't the original question. How'd you guys fare against them?

Who cares? I'd gladly lose to any team during the season to be in the postseason whilst they hit the links. Also, look at the receiving corps last year.

Last edited:
That wasn't the original question. How'd you guys fare against them?

I believe your "original question" was:

I'll say this:

Champ.
Bailey.

My Gawd! Can't you even post correctly? This is a "question"?

The original response to your "question" was not only correct, but relevant.

Speaking of which, when are you going to start becoming relevant?

Right. Jets fans last year loved calling him the Penguin which I perverted into the Puffin. Apt.
While they may or may not have success against the Patriots, apparently the Jets will be squishing the fish this year ...

puffin%20with%20dinner.jpg

that is a classic mangini picture easily the best likeness i've seen of are arch nemisis.

Let's see....the Jets secret strategy is to combine a dominating running game with a lights out defense? I seem to remember another team who came into Foxboro last year with that strategy, the Chicago Bears. And their running back was..yup you got it. And he did exactly what against us?...well squat will do.

Now TJ is on a team with a worse OL and worse defence and the results are magically going to change?

Let's just say for the sake of argument the Jets manage to hold the ball for a 10 minute scoring drive. Here's the Pat's response:

1 downs - toss it down the filed to Moss. If that doesn't work:

2 down - toss it down the field to Stallworth. If it doesn't work:

3 down - lob it to Welker who runs it underneath for 20 yards.

Repeat as needed until scoring. Total drive time? Under 3 minutes.

The Jets don't get it yet. The Pats offence is the Colts redux. They don't need a lot of time to score. In fact that may be a problem for them this year; scoring too quickly to give the D a good rest.

You guys will lose more games than Mannings gets sacked! JK, How about, you'll lose more than Manning gets picked?

Again, funny how all the sudden our defense lost "notable" players. I don't recall you folks thinking they were that notable last season?? Would you not agree that the TWO MOST notable are Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders?? Everyone else is just basically average?? Don't get me wrong, I like Brock and Mathis, but I don't think they will challenge for a starting spot in the Pro Bowl. Booger is a loss, but he wasn't hailed by Patsies as our savior last season. Seems you guys are wrong more than you are right recently. Don't forget, we DID have the WORST run D last season. Anything better than 173 per will be an IMPROVEMENT. We have speed, tacklers, and hitters. I like our chances to have a middle of the pack defense, and with Mudd and an experienced O-line, I don't see Manning taking the type of beating you are alluding to.

I'll be back on THIS thread to thump my chest when you get out of the blocks at 0-2.

No fair!
It's not possible to lose 50 games in one season.:bricks:

Mangini is Rainman(and he's not wearing his own underwear).

Any team with a solid running game can win in the NFL, obvious statement.

I have often thought over the past few years that the running game would be the way to beat the Pats. Just look at all the game turning interceptions by Law, Bruschi, et al.

Good point. How did the two best backs of their era (Faulk 01, LT 06) not get about 20 carries each in the second half of their respective playoff games against the Pats. We would have been smoked in both those contests in my opionion if that had happened.

Mangenious will be a linebackers coach for Rutgers in 3 years.

You guys will lose more games than Mannings gets sacked! JK, How about, you'll lose more than Manning gets picked?

Again, funny how all the sudden our defense lost "notable" players. I don't recall you folks thinking they were that notable last season?? Would you not agree that the TWO MOST notable are Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders?? Everyone else is just basically average?? Don't get me wrong, I like Brock and Mathis, but I don't think they will challenge for a starting spot in the Pro Bowl. Booger is a loss, but he wasn't hailed by Patsies as our savior last season. Seems you guys are wrong more than you are right recently. Don't forget, we DID have the WORST run D last season. Anything better than 173 per will be an IMPROVEMENT. We have speed, tacklers, and hitters. I like our chances to have a middle of the pack defense, and with Mudd and an experienced O-line, I don't see Manning taking the type of beating you are alluding to.

I'll be back on THIS thread to thump my chest when you get out of the blocks at 0-2.

Let's see. Manning has been picked an 10 times in each season during the last 3 seasons. So you are saying that the Pats will LOSE 11 games. $20 bucks says that you're full of it.

The Colts O-line is experienced except for the most important spot. LT. And that is the guy protecting Manning's blind side. If Manning gets sacked more than 20 times, his ints tend to rise dramatically. Also, the left side was the best side for the Colts to run to last season. If they lose any dramatic yards per carry over there because of poor run blocking, then that will also put more pressure on Manning.

I watched a little of the Dolts/Cowboys game the other night and on his first pass attempt, Gump was tapdancing faster than Gregory Hinds every could before throwing the ball.

He is getting himself ready to get planted more times than corn in Indiana this year.

He Ban Me, you, like all ballbreaker trolls, will be long gone before the season ends and your one and done Dolts are done.

I can respect a guy like Ryan, who has been here through thick and thin (MOSTLY thin); you are just an assclown who hangs around here and contributes a grand total of nothing.

You have such a brilliant football mind, please explain in fifty words or less how Dungy outcoached BB in the AFCCG last year AND how the Jets are going to beat the Patriots in the opener.

I'm all ears fleabrain..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back