PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Mangini has strategy for slaying dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see....the Jets secret strategy is to combine a dominating running game with a lights out defense? I seem to remember another team who came into Foxboro last year with that strategy, the Chicago Bears. And their running back was..yup you got it. And he did exactly what against us?...well squat will do.

Now TJ is on a team with a worse OL and worse defence and the results are magically going to change?

Let's just say for the sake of argument the Jets manage to hold the ball for a 10 minute scoring drive. Here's the Pat's response:

1 downs - toss it down the filed to Moss or Stallworth (or Watson). If that doesn't work:

2 down - toss it down the field to Moss or Stallworth (or Watson). If it doesn't work:

3 down - lob it to Welker who runs it underneath for 20 yards.

I fixed your post for you. :) [Remember Dave Thomas' first catch as a Patriot? 29 yards. Next play--Brady to Watson for 29 yards (and, BTW, Brady could also have thrown to Thomas, who was right near Watson).]

One other thing worth noting:

Maroney + open field = first down
Maroney + open field to sideline = first down AND stopping the clock

I watched a little of the Dolts/Cowboys game the other night and on his first pass attempt, Gump was tapdancing faster than Gregory Hinds every could before throwing the ball.

He is getting himself ready to get planted more times than corn in Indiana this year.

He Ban Me, you, like all ballbreaker trolls, will be long gone before the season ends and your one and done Dolts are done.

I can respect a guy like Ryan, who has been here through thick and thin (MOSTLY thin); you are just an assclown who hangs around here and contributes a grand total of nothing.

You have such a brilliant football mind, please explain in fifty words or less how Dungy outcoached BB in the AFCCG last year AND how the Jets are going to beat the Patriots in the opener.

I'm all ears fleabrain..........

My my, sensative AND uppity! I guess I should have put a JK after the INT "bet". And they say you catch all the subtle humor!

Outcoached? Dungy and the Colts just did what they do. They didn't panic, and they didn't press. They kept their cool and kept the faith. The 2 point conversion, with still an entire quarter plus to play, was a pretty bold move. The 4 point margin it created at the end proved too much for Tommy Boy, as he could not fall back on his kicker. Sorry, over 50 words.

As far as the Jets, they are going to win because they are going to play better in the Meadowlands to open their season. Bad draw for the Patsies. Moss, Stallworth, Brady, and Co. will not have jelled (it will take some time). Pennington and the run game will have NE off balance and on their heels.

Just because you start 0-2 doesn't mean you won't do good things though.

See you in November!

My my, sensative AND uppity! I guess I should have put a JK after the INT "bet". And they say you catch all the subtle humor!

Outcoached? Dungy and the Colts just did what they do. They didn't panic, and they didn't press. They kept their cool and kept the faith. The 2 point conversion, with still an entire quarter plus to play, was a pretty bold move. The 4 point margin it created at the end proved too much for Tommy Boy, as he could not fall back on his kicker. Sorry, over 50 words.

As far as the Jets, they are going to win because they are going to play better in the Meadowlands to open their season. Bad draw for the Patsies. Moss, Stallworth, Brady, and Co. will not have jelled (it will take some time). Pennington and the run game will have NE off balance and on their heels.

See you in November!

So how's Revis performed in camp? :)

See you in November!

And just because Manning will spend the whole season on his back doesn't mean that he can't still pass.:rolleyes:
Oddly enough, I have a feeling that we WON'T see you in November.:cool:

Thought about titling a thread called "Mangini has strategy for choking chicken," then realized putting it in the title would get me a warning.

I cant wait till we whip there ***es week 1!!!

And just because Manning will spend the whole season on his back doesn't mean that he can't still pass.:rolleyes:
Oddly enough, I have a feeling that we WON'T see you in November.:cool:
Define "spend his whole season on his back". Tarik is a blow, but the O-line is deep, and they will be ready. Manning is an excellent QB, and will step up and deliver in the face of pressure, just like he did in Foxboro last season, and just like he followed up at home in the AFCCG. WE may not see each other, but NE WILL come to Indy in November, unless they chicken out.

See you in November!
Obviously, you have nothing better to do than try to get a rise out of a few Pats fans. Honestly, how do you foresee the Pats going 0-2. Give me some good reasons and I'll agree to disagree, but other than that SFU! I see the improvements we've made and don't see much hope for either the Jets or the Sparklers. Neither hasn't done anything to make me worry. We don't need Moss and Brady to jell just yet. This team is all set to beat the Jets and the Sparklers at home. On the other hand, by the time week 10 rolls around, Moss and Brady will be speaking to each other by way of telekinesis and making the Colts Smurf secondary looking stupid!

Define "spend his whole season on his back". Tarik is a blow, but the O-line is deep, and they will be ready. Manning is an excellent QB, and will step up and deliver in the face of pressure, just like he did in Foxboro last season, and just like he followed up at home in the AFCCG. WE may not see each other, but NE WILL come to Indy in November, unless they chicken out.
"Spend the whole season on his back" defines as lying on one's backside due to various factors that would cause a person to be on their back. Such factors could be going to sleep, stretching, resting or being hit by a large, fast moving object such as a 6'2"; 270lb linebacker named Adalius Thomas.

Since your basic comprehensive skills seem to be lacking, I'll explain it carefully and I'll type S L O W L Y.:bricks:
Peyton is going to get sacked a lot this year. More than any year previous.
Are you with me so far?
You will not be returning to this board to talk smack after November, because you will have nothing to talk about.
Did you get that?
Should I draw you a diagram?

Last edited:
He Ban Me, aka, Doltsballbreakercluelessmoronbandwagonfan, read what jman just wrote; YOU will be gone by November, having no more smack to talk by then.

And I thought you got subtle humor.

The Jets are going to run the ball against the Patriots? Jones has a calf injury, which can be tricky, he may not be 100% by then and the Jets OL sucks, so even if he is healthy, he will be running into jets jerseys all day, not holes in the line.

Try again to explain how the Patriots are going to lose that game.

The Dolts "did what they had to do, didn't panic, didn't press"; was that before or after Gump threw that pic to Asante?

I'd respect you more if you admitted your team had a horseshoe up their collective asses that day and were lucky to win the game vs a depleted team.

Actually, don't admit it because even if you did, I would still think of you as a raging horses ass.

He Ban Me, aka, Doltsballbreakercluelessmoronbandwagonfan, read what jman just wrote; YOU will be gone by November, having no more smack to talk by then.

And I thought you got subtle humor.

The Jets are going to run the ball against the Patriots? Jones has a calf injury, which can be tricky, he may not be 100% by then and the Jets OL sucks, so even if he is healthy, he will be running into jets jerseys all day, not holes in the line.

Try again to explain how the Patriots are going to lose that game.

The Dolts "did what they had to do, didn't panic, didn't press"; was that before or after Gump threw that pic to Asante?

I'd respect you more if you admitted your team had a horseshoe up their collective asses that day and were lucky to win the game vs a depleted team.

Actually, don't admit it because even if you did, I would still think of you as a raging horses ass.
That was just after the pick. He blew you guys up, and has done so the last three times he's played against your scrubs, to the tune of close to 1000 yards. Depleted my ass, shove it up your ass, and stop being an ass. C U in November, sweet cheeks.

Last edited:
I think He ban me the rapper Nas said it best when he stated You can hate me now, But I won't stop now, cause I can't stop now, YOU CAN HATE US NOW!

That guy must be the Shaughnessy of the New York Post. Except that he is delusionally optimistic.

Last edited:
Since your basic comprehensive skills seem to be lacking, I'll explain it carefully and I'll type S L O W L Y.:bricks:
Peyton is going to get sacked a lot this year. More than any year previous.
Are you with me so far?
You will not be returning to this board to talk smack after November, because you will have nothing to talk about.
Did you get that?
Should I draw you a diagram?

Maybe it's your boy Brady who is going to spend some time on his back this season!!

I was at the game and Brady got crunched and slammed what seemed like a good half-dozen times last night. These were HARD hits and some came when he was TOTALLY EXPOSED in throwing motion. In a few instances he was very slow getting up and I was holding my breath. Apparently BB had decided to keep the first team in for a set number of plays come hell or high water, but I was impatient to see Tom leave the game after the first couple times he was clocked. Just not worth it. I didn't hear BB's press conference and don't know if this was addressed, but I'd like to know his thoughts on this.

We do not have a physically dominant offensive line, folks, and this worries me a bit. I certainly hope Scarnecchia chews some butts and gets this rectified before next week. We all know what's at stake with our franchise QB getting knocked around like that.

"Spend the whole season on his back" defines as lying on one's backside due to various factors that would cause a person to be on their back. Such factors could be going to sleep, stretching, resting or being hit by a large, fast moving object such as a 6'2"; 270lb linebacker named Adalius Thomas.

You left out Gisele Bundchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing