PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Mangini has strategy for slaying dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to have a running game. However, they will be going up against our front 7 and front 8 when you count Rodney.

I would say: advantage Patriots.

Bring it on - Jests!!

Main Entry: drag·on
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'dra-g&n</I>
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin </I>dracon-, draco serpent, dragon, from Greek </I>drakOn serpent; akin to Old English </I>torht bright, Greek </I>derkesthai to see, look at</I>
1 archaic : a huge serpent</I> </I>
2 : a mythical animal usually represented as a monstrous winged and scaly serpent or saurian with a crested head and enormous claws</I> </I>
3 : a violent, combative, or very strict person</I> </I>
4 capitalized : DRACO </I></I>
5 : something or someone formidable or baneful</I>
- drag·on·ish/-g&-nish/ adjective

After reading that article, I find myself in the embarrassing position of pitying the jest fans who have that scribe as one of their NFL reporters.

I think the Jets need to worry about slaying their EGOs before they worry about anyone else.....anyone else but me remember the 3-13 year they had once they were considered superbowl favorites??

I hate Pats1

The Jets defense IS going to be GREAT. Just ask any Jet fan. Harris will instantly stop anyone's run game. Revis is instantly a shut down pro bowl CB. DRob is better than Wilfolk. Seymour is over rated. It doesn't matter that Coleman never started in this league, he's better than Warren. Vilma is a beast, despite the fact he's ill suited to play this defense. Thomas is better than any LB the Pats have and will have more sacks than Merriman. Rhodes is the best saftey in the league. The Jet will not have any injuries so don't talk to me about depth. THe Pats LBs are too old. Samuel will hold out forever then be a cancer in the Pats lockeroom. Stallworth and Moss will never get out of the tub and on to the field. BRady is gay. Moroney can't play. Mangini is smarter than Bellichick.....did I leave anything out??? :D

After reading that article, I find myself in the embarrassing position of pitying the jest fans who have that scribe as one of their NFL reporters.

I was wondering whether he has an anti-Pennington agenda. The whole article was about the running game and the backup QB who he thinks will supplant Pennington soon.

(I wish our second string DLine was better tho)

Um...how to put this? Okay here: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I mean, you can't have all pros as your back-ups, but I'd say Jarvis Green and Mike Wright are both guys who could start elsewhere. There's a question at back-up NT, but I think we have some decent possibilities there, too.

Last edited:
The Jets defense IS going to be GREAT. Just ask any Jet fan. Harris will instantly stop anyone's run game. Revis is instantly a shut down pro bowl CB. DRob is better than Wilfolk. Seymour is over rated. It doesn't matter that Coleman never started in this league, he's better than Warren. Vilma is a beast, despite the fact he's ill suited to play this defense. Thomas is better than any LB the Pats have and will have more sacks than Merriman. Rhodes is the best saftey in the league. The Jet will not have any injuries so don't talk to me about depth. THe Pats LBs are too old. Samuel will hold out forever then be a cancer in the Pats lockeroom. Stallworth and Moss will never get out of the tub and on to the field. BRady is gay. Moroney can't play. Mangini is smarter than Bellichick.....did I leave anything out??? :D

As a Jets fan this article is pure bs and there are no real quotes in it. I don't know why you guys are so defensive. You clearly still have a more talented team. The Jets lines still have problems on both sides. Brandon Moore and Clement are horrible. Robertson is an undersized nose tackle while Wilfork is one of the best around.

I think since Mangini and Tannenbaum took over they have done so many positive things. Developing players like Kerry Rhodes, Bryan Thomas, Victor Hobson. Drafting Mangold, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Brick among others. My point is that while the Pats are still clearly a much better team the Jets have made huge strides in two offseasons.

If Herm Edwards was still coaching the Jets then I don't think you would have to spend 5 seconds worrying about us. But the bottom line is that most of you do realize that Mangini can coach and you know every year, every game is going to be a battle.

The Jets record may not be as good this year as it was last year due to a tougher schedule and the law of averages providing more injuries.

As a Jets fan this article is pure bs and there are no real quotes in it. I don't know why you guys are so defensive. You clearly still have a more talented team. The Jets lines still have problems on both sides. Brandon Moore and Clement are horrible. Robertson is an undersized nose tackle while Wilfork is one of the best around.

I think since Mangini and Tannenbaum took over they have done so many positive things. Developing players like Kerry Rhodes, Bryan Thomas, Victor Hobson. Drafting Mangold, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Brick among others. My point is that while the Pats are still clearly a much better team the Jets have made huge strides in two offseasons.

If Herm Edwards was still coaching the Jets then I don't think you would have to spend 5 seconds worrying about us. But the bottom line is that most of you do realize that Mangini can coach and you know every year, every game is going to be a battle.

The Jets record may not be as good this year as it was last year due to a tougher schedule and the law of averages providing more injuries.

I appreciate the post, but wanted to respond to "I don't know why you guys are so defensive." I don't think it's that so much as...this is a message board, and this is what fans - ALL FANS - tend to do. We're talking about something laughable, combined with the sort of macho/ego B.S. that comes with posting on the internet, and we go off about how stupid and delusional some of your fellow jet fans/pundits are. Just part of the deal on a board like this, no tea leaves - defensive or otherwise - to read.

Last edited:
Well I think all teams have a portion of there fan base that are stupid and delusional. I don't think it's exclusive to Jets fans. We certainly do have some fans that aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

I like how he says maybe the Jets don't trade up and draft Revis if the Patriots don't trade for Randy Moss. The Jets traded up for Revis on draft day, the Patriots traded for Moss on day 2 of the draft AFTER Revis had already been drafted.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I had to pause a moment to make sure he actually wrote that, then the voice in my head said, "WTF?"

I certainly hope, for the Jets' sake, that the front office and the coaching staff have a little more on the ball than this "journalist".

Um...how to put this? Okay here: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I mean, you can't have all pros as your back-ups, but I'd say Jarvis Green and Mike Wright are both guys who could start elsewhere. There's a question at back-up NT, but I think we have some decent possibilities there, too.

See the commentary on Rashad Mooreafter the Tampa scrimmage. Maybe not a player with starter ability at NT, but he was close enough to it for a couple of teams to audition him for that role. That makes him good enough to be depth. That's what the Pats are auditioning him to be...

See the commentary on Rashad Mooreafter the Tampa scrimmage. Maybe not a player with starter ability at NT, but he was close enough to it for a couple of teams to audition him for that role. That makes him good enough to be depth. That's what the Pats are auditioning him to be...

Thanks for the heads-up.

This is a wannabe manufactured article. Mangini isn't going to tell you anything that he doesn't want you to know. Why would he divulge secrets in the media? He studied under CIA Director BB.

Clearly the traitorous Mangini is a major upgrade from self-aggrandizing Herm. Remember Herm and clock management? Man, I miss those hilarious fiascos.

Mangina needs a strategy for signing first round picks

"...this is the message:

Joe Montana and Jerry Rice - or Brady and Moss - can’t hurt us if we keep them off the field (see Giants over Bills, Super Bowl XXV)"

I don't know if it helps his case to reference a defensive gameplan by Belichick that now resides in the Hall of Fame.

Well I think all teams have a portion of there fan base that are stupid and delusional. I don't think it's exclusive to Jets fans. We certainly do have some fans that aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Right. Like I just said. Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back