PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL @ the NFL: Cracking Down on Player Celebrations

Glad to see they're really honed in on the important issues.

I don't understand this. Why are they trying to take the personality out of the game??

What's next, banning high-fives? Handshakes? Raising the arms above the shoulders after a score? Sheesh.

Pointing, pointing the ball, and military salute. Give me a freaking break, it's turning into the senior division of the NCAA. This must be another attempt to divert attention from the ongoing litigation on concussions.

SF

Pointing, pointing the ball, and military salute. Give me a freaking break, it's turning into the senior division of the NCAA. This must be another attempt to divert attention from the ongoing litigation on concussions.

SF

The media's doing a good enough job of that.

Spikes been around long before Gronk dunno why they say it's his. The spike is a ****** classic. Would be a disgrace if this is true.

Didn't Gronk get penalized for spiking the ball too near an opponent after a touchdown at some point (i.e. taunting)? I think it was during the 2011 season. God forbid a player celebrates scoring a TD during a big game. Hope those kickers don't pump their fist after making a game tying or game-winning field goal either. That would be terrible for the NFL.

Spikes been around long before Gronk dunno why they say it's his. The spike is a ****** classic. Would be a disgrace if this is true.

Because no one did it as powerfully as GRONK. :)

Completely stupid.

It's such BS. What's wrong with a little celebration? The next thing you know the fans will be getting a penalty for too much celebration. The stadium is going wild, but the guy who just made a great play is supposed to act like a robot and just return the ball to the official?!

I think celebrations are fun when it's my team doing it, and if it's against my team it burns me up. I would think it burns up the guy who got burned even more, and will be some added incentive to play harder the next series. Why does the NFL focus on dumb stuff like this?

Yet Salsa dancing is still legal.

Herr Goodell strikes again!

louie.gif

Well, after further review, this rule emphasis appears to be more aimed at first down celebrations, and only those directed at an opponent. So I guess Gronk's TD spikes are still OK for now (as long as he doesn't do it anywhere in the area code of a defender).

Yet Salsa dancing is still legal.

If Cruz's dance is still legal then Gronk should break out a tango with Brady after every touchdown in protest.

We cant be politically incorrect now can we? :confused:. So what happens when a player points up to God, like sooo many do? Which I cant stand BTW. Yea, Gods wants you to score a TD. Lets not be concerned with all of those other silly things in the world like: Murder, War, Starvation.....:(. the NFL takes away another fun fan experience. They're only paying for everything!

I myself would rather see group celebrations instead of individual, look at me everyone I just scored a TD
and my 10 other associates had nothing to do with it, type of celebrations anyway.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back