PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when you thought the Jets' couldn't get more entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a worldwide conspiracy. The word was coined as a nonsensical term with religious undertones in the Discordian religious text Principia Discordia (1965) by Kerry Thornley and Greg Hill, but was popularized by The Illuminatus! Trilogy (1975) of satirical conspiracy fiction novels by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.
Fnord is a word used in newsgroup and hacker culture to indicate that someone is being ironic, humorous or surreal

so what you are dealing with is a gamer or ex-gamer with "smarter than you" disease who flits from board to board playing "let me **** with everybody's head so they'll all know I'm the kewlest cube in the tray".

probably plays the "gimp" from Pulp Fiction in real life.

My twisted side, or the Photoshopping of Miz Bugeyes and Pencil Face? ;)
Joker sufficiently summarized all above. So in other words, the random pseudo-pathological manifestations of latent-adolescent cognitive dissonance/self-gratification intentionally defy commonly assumed linear perspectives. I should have known. I tend to take things a bit too literally on this board. Fnord apparently needed more corporal punishment as a child, which he never got. Now others are paying the price. You are best advised to resist his influence.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh, color me stupid, but what the heck is the HC doing managing specific play/manning calls during the game? For (I thought) 31 other teams the OC/DC call it and the HC intervenes by exception. Are you sure about this?

Belichick is making those decisions at the end of games. It's pretty common.

so what you are dealing with is a gamer or ex-gamer with "smarter than you" disease who flits from board to board playing "let me **** with everybody's head so they'll all know I'm the kewlest cube in the tray".

probably plays the "gimp" from Pulp Fiction in real life.

Fnord apparently needed more corporal punishment as a child, which he never got. Now others are paying the price. You are best advised to resist his influence.

I know Fnord in "real" life. He's really not smarter than thee. :)
Wax. Take Tune's advice!

Joker sufficiently summarized all above. So in other words, the random pseudo-pathological manifestations of latent-adolescent cognitive dissonance/self-gratification intentionally defy commonly assumed linear perspectives. I should have known. I tend to take things a bit too literally on this board. Fnord apparently needed more corporal punishment as a child, which he never got. Now others are paying the price. You are best advised to resist his influence.

Ok, what word generator did you use to produce that non sensible sentence?? :)

I don't understand how our division is the best it's been in years, and continues to trend up, and people think having guys like Joe Philbin and Doug Marrone in the division is somehow a good thing?

I completely understand this, and feel neither sympathy nor umbrage.

For my part, I began to feel unclean and so have indulged an electronic Lysol bath. Oh, for a world without devious or impure motives. :oops: I'm in it strictly for the laughs, and if those aren't coming I'm at a loss because in most cases I'm left in the dark as to why. Thank you Joker, Tune and PWP for cluing me in.

Last edited:
This is absolutely amazing. Woody Johnson is repeating the exact same problem that got him Idzik as a GM. How can anyone be this dim? He's either an idiot, insane, or most likely both.

I know what you're saying - GM should ideally be first and coach second. But I think the bottom lines is that the coach and GM have to be on the same page. And with the coaching carousel moving quickly this time of year one sometimes needs to move quickly on a coaching candidate.

I'd say the big problem with Idzik is that he was a salary cap guru - and it doesn't seem to me there's anyone in the organization that had a real grip on personnel (assuming Idzik delegated that to whatever degree)

If you have a strong/experienced coach with a proven track record then you do indeed want to let them "shop for the groceries" too - in the case of the Jets one assumes that Casserly and Wolf would be picking a coach and GM who they feel have a similar approach to the game.

So while I do tend to agree with you I'm cognizant that in 2015 one could make a case that the timing of coach/GM hiring is less relevant than before

I know the Jets will ultimately wind up doing the wrong thing and picking two questionable replacements for Ryan and izdik, however there are some impressive names on this list that could really move the jets in the right direction.

I know the Jets will ultimately wind up doing the wrong thing and picking two questionable replacements for Ryan and izdik, however there are some impressive names on this list that could really move the jets in the right direction.

Chris Grier is Bobby Grier's son.

What the hell is going on in your sig, Fnord? Where's that from?

Fnord has a thing for avatars and sigs that stare into your innermost soul.

Fnord has a thing for avatars and sigs that stare into your innermost soul.

Yes, she's creepy. I'm hoping he'll say that look is augmented, because, if it's natural, I might have nightmares.

And the winner is . . . "Declined Jets' offer for interview."

I don't know anything about George Paton, other than he was a helluva general, but Costa is very highly regarded. Nick Caserio isn't a possibility either, so likely the Rats will not get one of the better candidates as it seems more apparent that no one wants to work under Woody Johnson.

If the Pats don't win the Superbowl it would be good if Dallas could. Then maybe Jerry Jones could convince Woody to take over the GM duties himself and guarantee another decade of incompetence.

Now that would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back