PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw You Manish Mehta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone assume that Woody didn't know EXACTLY what he was doing when he tampered with Revis?

Because he is Woody Johnson. I don't know if he knows exactly what he is doing when he puts on his pants in the morning.

Whether Woody did or didn't know pretty much becomes a moot point when they follow it up by openly recruiting the player and constructing a deal they knew the Patriots couldn't match and publishing it. The big news from Woody's so called slip of the tongue was that he reversed himself and made clear he wanted Revis back. Once that was out there was no way the Patriots were going to outbid Woody. So much for OOOPS!

Well manoosh just guaranteed himself an ESPN gig in a year or two....

Sitting next to......
1-22-2015-5-24-10-pm.jpg

But the player is under no such restriction. Revis could have leaked the Jets' offer to Mehta. If Revis (and Mehta) were smart, Revis would have said "this is what I expect to ask the Jets for", in order to shield the Jets.
But the player can't get an offer to leak when he is under contract to another team, in this case the Patriots. Same tampering either way.

maybe it's just me but he doesn't LOOK manish...more dweebish or geekish IMO...anyways, congrats on ascending the heights or descending to the depths of your chosen field, Manfish..

But the player can't get an offer to leak when he is under contract to another team, in this case the Patriots. Same tampering either way.

True, but as I said, Revis could say to Mehta "This is (nudge nudge wink wink) what I'm hoping NY offers me."

By their actions or lack of actions the media and the league ruined the 2 weeks leading up to the super bowl for us fans. They smeared the team and the league said nothing. They just let all this bs hang out there. It got to the point where after years of defending the pats we finally just decided to embrace the hate. And we won the championship! So now the jets tampered openly on the record. I don't care if woody says "oops I didnt mean what I said". He tampered and he acquired Revis. They should be punished. It shouldn't even be a question. Because you know if Kraft or Bill did this the entire national media would be calling us cheaters and thieves.

If this we're Kraft or Belichick Jets fans would be burning their effigy's in the streets. The outrage would be Global, not National.

Just listened to the D&H interview. Manish is either profoundly stupid, remarkably dishonest or some combination thereof.

Yes, the adverbs were warranted. :)

Here in NY Mehta is a Doosh, most don't even take him seriously. He was just on ESPN Radio tryin to cover himself saying that he was there with Woody's interview and there was nothing that indicated that Woody tampered with Revis lol Well I wasn't there but I heard it and it was CLEARLY Tampering and then everyone here in NY ran with it. As we know Revis was was a Done Deal before it was signed.
He even said it's sour grapes and Pats just want to stick it to Jets even though Woody called Kraft to apologize. Yeah Ok, Kraft Rip'm a New One get all you can!

Here in NY Mehta is a Doosh, most don't even take him seriously. He was just on ESPN Radio tryin to cover himself saying that he was there with Woody's interview and there was nothing that indicated that Woody tampered with Revis lol Well I wasn't there but I heard it and it was CLEARLY Tampering and then everyone here in NY ran with it. As we know Revis was was a Done Deal before it was signed.
He even said it's sour grapes and Pats just want to stick it to Jets even though Woody called Kraft to apologize. Yeah Ok, Kraft Rip'm a New One get all you can!

He called it tampering when it happened

Just listened to the D&H interview. Manish is either profoundly stupid, remarkably dishonest or some combination thereof.

Yes, the adverbs were warranted. :)

Yup! Just heard him on ESPN Radio and I 2nd your Post.

Listening to his WEEI interview, here is some stupidity on his part:

1.) He doesn't understand why the League went to the Jets on March 8th. Huh?!? Jason Cole and others reported that the League investigated multiple teams suspected of tampering on March 8th. How can he consider himself a reporter and not know that? And even if the Pats didn't file tampering charges, there is no guarantee the League wouldn't have gone to investigate. Woody and the Jets put a huge target on their backs on this one for blatantly leaking stories that they were all in on Revis and Woody's statements in the press conference.

2.) He said Spygate is different than tampering because it affects the in game on the field. So tampering with a player and getting him to sign with the team doesn't affect the play on the field? So the Jets won't play better and the Pats play worse at the CB position this year compared to last?

3.) He claims that if a team leaks to the press that they are having internal discussions to target and do whatever it will take to get a player under contract with another team isn't tampering. Except it is clearly written into the rules:

Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this AntiTampering Policy.

Granted this happens all the time too, but if the League found proof that someone in the Jets' organization told someone in the media that they were targeting Revis, it would be another example of tampering.

This may be why he was an agent of tampering for them by posting the contract numbers a day before he was released. BTW, why has no one called him out on that point by the media?

4.) He used the "everyone does it" defense for tampering which is constantly dismissed by the Patriots haters including his colleagues in the NY media whenever someone uses that defense for the Patriots.

BTW, try using the everyone speeds defense the next time you are pulled over by the police for doing 40 MPH in a 30 MPH zone, Manish. I sure they let you off without ticket. Yes, like speeding, everyone does it when it comes to tampering. And like speeding, you pay a penalty if you get caught doing it.

5.) He thinks the Jets will only lose something like a 7th and that is the most the Pats would get for that in a swap. Two things:

a.) If that is all he thinks the penalty will be, why the outrage? Seventh round picks rarely make it in the NFL. A large percentage don't even make it out of their first preseason before getting cut. What is the big deal if this is the case?

b.) As a reporter, wouldn't he look up past incidents of tampering punishments. The Bears penalty for tampering with the 49ers (where a defensive coordinator said something stupid about the Chiefs' cutting players with the Bears picking them up and not about any specific player(s)) got a bigger penalty than what he is suggesting the Jets will get. How does he think the Jets will get a lesser penalty than that?

Last edited:
I know this is purely assumption however I will say it anyways ....

Gilbert was heavily involved and there was a short window between the Patriots not picking up the option and Gilbert winning the NFLPA job ... Gilbert had to be working on a Revis contract with the Jets behind the scenes before the 10th as in his mind that was advertising to win the job. If Revis had stayed with the Patriots that would have hurt gilbert's chances ... again in his warped selfish mind. You want that job ... you don't leave anything to chance. That info got to Mehta to help Gilbert - and was published on March 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST