PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw You Manish Mehta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to the D&H interview. Manish is either profoundly stupid, remarkably dishonest or some combination thereof.

Yes, the adverbs were warranted. :)

Yep, I thought the same thing when I listened to it. He didn't seem to understand the points that D&H&T were making. It sounds like he's just not a smart guy

Willful ignorance

Utilized frequently when there's no logical counterpoint to those destroying your preferred narrative

I live in NYC and have the NY Daily News delivered to my doorstep every day.

It really helps if you think of Manish Mehta as a 12 year old Middle School student who is the most insecure child in the class and just says whatever the popular kids will like. He's the paper's Beat Reporter for the Jets and he's basically defined his job as pandering to the vast majority of the Jests fans who are reading at a sixth grade level.

In other words, you really can't take seriously anything this fool writes. Stop letting him bother you.

What Mehta doesn't realize is this is the profound difference between these 2 franchises. We let Talib walk after no one was willing to take on Revis' contract after he was given permission to seek a trade.

Yeild for NE:Championship, 3rd Rd comp

Johnson and the Jets: Traded Revis to TB, tampered and brought back Revis for the same 16 mil a year TB wanted to get out from under.

Yeild for NYJ:S.Richardson, 30 year old Revis for 11% of total cap and a holdout after year 3

Yeild for NE:2016 3rd Rd comp, swap of mid Rd picks this year, gained 14% in cap space by declining option

This is what's known as good buisness practice and this is why the Jets will finish in the basement again and NE will again contend for a championship.

I just listened to that interview on demand. What a snivelling, little "fanboy" (like that Shank and Felger?) Mehta is. He totally embarrassed himself. One of the great American journalism myths is that the NY media is hard on their home teams. Bull ****. Most are house organs.

I just listened to that interview on demand. What a snivelling, little "fanboy" (like that Shank and Felger?) Mehta is. He totally embarrassed himself. One of the great American journalism myths is that the NY media is hard on their home teams. Bull ****. Most are house organs.

The 2011 Super Bowl drove that home for me. Leading up to the game, the NY papers had articles about the Giants parade route, how Eli would set SB passing records and the NYG defense would set a SB record for sacks.

There's no point responding to Mehta, he's a moron. If you took the average person off the street, they would know more about football than Mehta.

The league was forced into action by Woody's stupidity. We all know tampering happens. But when you do it on television in front of millions of people, you force someone to look at it.

It's no different than politicians doing illegal things all the time, but when it ends up in the media, someone has to pretend to take it seriously.

If they would have been subtle about it, nobody says anything. Once you do it on TV though, it really can't be ignored. And Mehta wants to blame everyone else but the guy who actually ****ed up.

I cant help but think that it will be a cold day in hell when the league does anything to help the Patriots.

Its not envy that drives all the Pats-haters...and they are everywhere. It's humiliation. The fact that the Pats field inferior teams and win, the fact that they compete for Championships every year, that they seem to have "solved" the salary cap era and continue to win.

Any team owner has to be pissed and embarassed that theyve been unable to replicate the Pats success model, in a league where copycat is the rhythm of life.

Kansas City, Atlanta and Houston have all taken Belichick disciples in an attempt to replicate it...with not much to show for it. Come to think of it, Cleveland, Denver and the Jets have all tried too.

It is really just Belichick. In the game of GM + coach, he is a man among boys. And unless you live in New England, all you can do is hate the Pats and try to manufacture explanations to explain how they can be so good for so long, because the alternative would be to admit that really its just Belichick thatis the difference.

Any proposition that would incur sanctions against the Pats would pass 31-1 in a league vote. Sanctions against the Jets...that would HELP the Pats? Pfft...no way...cold day in hell.

Kraft may be admired by his fellows, but getting the rest of the owners to get over their own egos, and to contemplate the Pats fairly and objectively, is an impossibility.

People would rather just believe that the Pats cheat.

I cant help but think that it will be a cold day in hell when the league does anything to help the Patriots.

Its not envy that drives all the Pats-haters...and they are everywhere. It's humiliation. The fact that the Pats field inferior teams and win, the fact that they compete for Championships every year, that they seem to have "solved" the salary cap era and continue to win.

Any team owner has to be pissed and embarassed that theyve been unable to replicate the Pats success model, in a league where copycat is the rhythm of life.

Kansas City, Atlanta and Houston have all taken Belichick disciples in an attempt to replicate it...with not much to show for it. Come to think of it, Cleveland, Denver and the Jets have all tried too.

It is really just Belichick. In the game of GM + coach, he is a man among boys. And unless you live in New England, all you can do is hate the Pats and try to manufacture explanations to explain how they can be so good for so long, because the alternative would be to admit that really its just Belichick thatis the difference.

Any proposition that would incur sanctions against the Pats would pass 31-1 in a league vote. Sanctions against the Jets...that would HELP the Pats? Pfft...no way...cold day in hell.

Kraft may be admired by his fellows, but getting the rest of the owners to get over their own egos, and to contemplate the Pats fairly and objectively, is an impossibility.

Very well put. Anyone who can't understand this is blind to what is really happening. It's the ME society that is driving this as well. As in, why can't MY team be that good consistently? I want MY team to be just as good. If it isn't they stamp their feet and demand action. By having inaction in regards to the Jets' tampering, it furthers the "bananna republic" perception of the League Offices.

Kraft, being a billionaire, should do this. Pay all the players their full salary for next season. Every last dime. Then, file a form with the league office that they will not be participating in the NFL season this year. Yes, I know a massive financial hit would take place and this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. However, watching the rats scurrying around would be priceless. Then whichever team from the AFCE made the playoffs would find out they'd be best off not making it rather than being embarrassed on the national stage.

It is really just Belichick, and especially Brady. In the game of GM + HC + QB, they are men among boys. And unless you live in New England, all you can do is hate the Pats and try to manufacture explanations to explain how they can be so good for so long, because the alternative would be to admit that really it's just Belichick & Brady that's the difference.

Added the bolded part. No mention of Bill's success is complete without including Brady's huge role in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back