PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G

If Lance can’t be better than Jimmy G then the pick was wasted.
Where he played and who he played against in college doesn’t determine his ability, it just makes it easier to evaluate him incorrectly. He has had a year in the NFL. He cost them 3 1s. He needs to be on the field week 1.

If Lance isn't better than Garoppolo, much better, there will be a complete house cleaning at the top of the 49ers organization. They traded away their future for this guy. If he isn't at least a top 10 QB, more likely a top 5 QB, this was a disaster of a trade and draft. You spend three first round picks on a player, he better be a Pro Bowler and a borderline All Pro at the minimum.

That said, I still question if Lance will even be ready to be a legitimate starter come opening week next season.

Jimmie, we hardly knew ye!
And I'm so glad that was so. Dodged the fake news bullet of trading TFB away to keep JAG.
And then dodged the ricochet of trading FOR JAG 2.0 instead of drafting Mac.
OK we did get hit with the cow pie of faux Superman Cam, but that washed off quickly.

If Lance isn't better than Garoppolo, much better, there will be a complete house cleaning at the top of the 49ers organization. They traded away their future for this guy. If he isn't at least a top 10 QB, more likely a top 5 QB, this was a disaster of a trade and draft. You spend three first round picks on a player, he better be a Pro Bowler and a borderline All Pro at the minimum.

That said, I still question if Lance will even be ready to be a legitimate starter come opening week next season.

Idk I think he just has to be better than Jimmy G with more big play ability. Now no guarantee he will be.

But shanahan has to be thinking "if I can get here with Jimmy's sub par performance what if we just can get someone just that much better"

Now for all we know he comes out next year is not ready and can't even read the field as good as Jimmy. Not that Jimmy reads it good but he can manage the game enough

How so? What are you going to count mop up duty to prove he was “incredible in our system” ?
are you counting played as started?

Maybe I am underestimating how bad the QB situation is around the league. But I can't imagine him getting a starting job next year. He's a backup caliber QB

Maybe I am underestimating how bad the QB situation is around the league. But I can't imagine him getting a starting job next year. He's a backup caliber QB
Tell me a better option for Carolina, Denver, Cleveland, Giants, Washington, Detroit, and Pittsburgh given that people are lukewarm at best on this year's QB draft class. Add Tampa now that Tom has retired.

And that's assuming teams like Miami, the Jets, Chicago, and Houston are happy to let their young QBs play next year and probably take their lumps.

Jimmy needs to go to carolina. Team him with ruhle and the panthers might be relevant for the five games a year that jimmy is healthy for.

Carson Wentz
Daniel Jones
Davis Mills
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Mason Rudolph
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Sam Darnold
Teddy Bridgwater
Zach Wilson

Are all currently starting quarterbacks, so...

Carson Wentz
Daniel Jones
Davis Mills
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Mason Rudolph
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Sam Darnold
Teddy Bridgwater
Zach Wilson

Jimmy will be traded to the Bucaneers, and after he heals up from his injuries...he will take the Bucs back into the playoffs.

Jimmie, we hardly knew ye!
And I'm so glad that was so. Dodged the fake news bullet of trading TFB away to keep JAG.
And then dodged the ricochet of trading FOR JAG 2.0 instead of drafting Mac.
OK we did get hit with the cow pie of faux Superman Cam, but that washed off quickly.
His services cost $1million, we weren’t doing anything anyway even with tb12. let it go.

They could’ve fielded several (legit) top-10 defenses with jimmy.

Look at Stafford.

It could’ve worked and we still move on. Could’ve traded up with something from the Brady haul to get a better qb than jimmy or Mac.

Carson Wentz
Daniel Jones
Davis Mills
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Mason Rudolph
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Sam Darnold
Teddy Bridgwater
Zach Wilson

Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of a team signing him as the answer at QB rather just a placeholder. But, yeah, a lot of teams have bad starting QBs. We were one of them last year.
I do think it's too early to it Wilson on that list though.

Would McD take a chance on Jimmy G. in LV? I'm surprised people aren't touting that. Jimmy G. is better than Derrick Carr, but man the injury history. Not sure taking this chance would be my first move in a new town. However, they are familiar with each other and if he's healthy, he could help McD hit the ground running.

What would be awesome is if Bucs sign Jimmy G, and they get at least back to the NFCCG.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back