PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G

I see a dozen + potential landing spots
  • New Orleans, possible replacement for FA Winston; better option at qb than Hill?
  • Tampa Bay, If Brady retires, which i'm not sure he is going to do, but he probably will
  • Cleveland, if they move on from Baker Mayfield, which i'm not sure they will do
  • Pittsburgh, 7 is gone... got nothing in the cupboard
  • Washington, Taylor Heineken isn't the answer
  • Indianapolis, Not sure he's much of an upgrade, if any, over Wentz though
  • Denver, but i imagine they are going to be all in on trying to land Rodgers
  • Green Bay, if the above happens
  • Seattle, If Wilson goes Waltzing Matilda
  • Carolina, he better than Darnold? maybe, probably; is better than Cam; think they make a run at wilson tbh
  • Detroit, Goff is not an answer to anything except the question what game was invented in Scotland
  • Houston, has a connection to Caserio, unless they stick with Mills, which they might just do
  • Miami, Tua is better, both are fragile though
  • New England, be a better back up than Hoyer or Stidham, really any team as a clipboard holder
Add Las Vegas.

Carr is in the last year of his deal.

I think Tampa should sign him just so he can actually replace Brady.

I think Carolina or the Colts should consider him.

Slim pickings for sure but I think there's a place for him somewhere.

9ers should probably just hang on for one more year and really see what Lance has first.
he would be a great pick up for the colts

Carr is a really good QB and McDaniels loves him. i think he resigns with LV
I heard about the interest in trading for him. Ironic how it comes out now.

Add Las Vegas.

Carr is in the last year of his deal.
I thought about that... The only reason I didn't was McDaniels... He did such a piss poor job of dealing with the Cutler issue when he went to Denver that he'd try to avoid a similar situation if he does indeed take the Raiders job... A year with Carr let's him get a good look at what he has and at what's available in the future via draft or free agency

If the 49ers had taken Brady up on his offer to play there, they’d be a dynasty. He wouldn't be on the verge of retiring either.

Garoppolo, healthy or unhealthy, isn’t that great. He isn’t a choker. He just doesn’t play at a high enough level. He’s a good quarterback…one of the twenty best in the world, but he’s outclassed against the best.
He can be very good against average or below average teams. But he has happy feet and his throws have not been accurate or had zip on them. Maybe partially due to injury. He is a good guy. I do not think a team could win a SB with him but he is still in the top half of QB's in the league. If you are a bottom 20 team, he could really be an upgrade for a few years...certainly good enough to get you to the playoffs.

Last edited:
I thought about that... The only reason I didn't was McDaniels... He did such a piss poor job of dealing with the Cutler issue when he went to Denver that he'd try to avoid a similar situation if he does indeed take the Raiders job... A year with Carr let's him get a good look at what he has and at what's available in the future via draft or free agency
Maybe. Carr doesn't strike me as the "Cutler" type so maybe Josh treads lightly there.

Either way he needs to figure out who will be QB in 2023 (or 22)

He can be very good against average or below average teams. But he has happy feet and his throws have not been accurate or had zip on them. Maybe partially due to injury. He is a good guy. I do not think a team could win a SB with him but he is still in the top half of QB's in teh league. If you are a bottom 20 team, he could really be an upgrade for a few years...certainly good enough to get you to the playoffs.
Well his coach has managed to give up a lead to the Pats and lose a Super Bowl and managed to lose another Super Bowl with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and yesterday managed to lose a championship game with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Yet, everyone says Jimmy G is at fault.

There's a limit to what he can do.

You don't win SB's with guys not playing elite at the QB position.

Look back at the past 10 SB winners:

Brady (Elite)
Mahomes (Elite)
Brady (Elite)
Foles (Was playing at an elite level headed into SB)
Brady (Elite)
Manning (Not good. But had the best D of this generation).
Brady (Elite)
Wilson (Playing good enough behind LOB)
Flacco (Elite play headed into SB)
Manning (See Flacco)

So I count one QB (2015 Manning) who wasn't playing elite. But they had an all time great D. And they faced a Carolina team with zero weapons.
So you need Brady, a great D, a run around make plays type of guy or a game manager you can coach up.

Well his coach has managed to give up a lead to the Pats and lose a Super Bowl and managed to lose another Super Bowl with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and yesterday managed to lose a championship game with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Yet, everyone says Jimmy G is at fault.
Agreed.. Big Boy Kyle is a primetime choke artist. I still can't believe he blew that SB against KC, and obviously, 28-3 speaks for itself.

He is 33-14 in the regular season. A .702 win%. That's better than such QBs as

Thats better than everyone not named
Brady
Manning
Mahomes

In SF in the last 5 years
JG 31-14
Everyone else 8-31
:eek:
Agreed.. Big Boy Kyle is a primetime choke artist. I still can't believe he blew that SB against KC, and obviously, 28-3 speaks for itself.
I do not think that was a choke. The Rams are a far superior team and cream rises to the top. Their pass rush and run defense in the fourth quarter was outstanding. Probably its more credit the rams than label an excellent coach a choker...he is not. 90% of the teams in teh NFL would hire Shanahan in a nano second

All he does is choke in big games.

Last week 11 completions for 131 yards 0 TDs and 1 Int to beat Green Bay. To win the NFCC vs Green Bay a few years 6 completions for 77 yards 0 TDs and 0 Ints. The 4th quarter crunch time last night. Another Jimmy special.

Jimmy is who we thought he was.

Jimmy G didn't have time to get his feet set. The Rams were in the backfield practically as soon as the ball was snapped. Atrocious OL protection. If they don't tighten that up it won't matter what Lance does, they're going to be having issues regardless.

I didn't see very many plays where he left the pocket when he shouldn't have. Clearly the man does not trust his OL and with good reason. I think at this point he just needs a fresh start in another organization. I could see him settling down in Carolina or Indy and making it his home for awhile. Indy in particular seems a good fit for what he is, and what he isn't.

he would be a great pick up for the colts

I agree. Jimmy would fit into the scheme, and the running game and OL would help him tremendously. Not sure the Colts want to pay the bill, but they must be talking about it.

Carr is a really good QB and McDaniels loves him. i think he resigns with LV

Odds are that Carr resigns with LV. BB does not want JG back. But there are plenty of landing spots for Jimmy as there is a lot of bad QBs in the NFL.

Did he? Hard to fathom a lot of things i.e. why the Chiefs threw away 3 points before HT last night. **** happens.
No he didn’t.

The Panthers and Broncos are probably going to come knocking at Jimmy G's door as well. Also don't rule out the Steelers although I think they might go in the tank next year instead of going after a spendy FA QB.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back