PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense starting to speak up about offensive struggles

apropos to this topic, guys on 98.5 were citing offensive #s. Prior to this Bill Belichick offense, the lowest scoring offense in the last 15 years was the 2011 Rams Who was the OC? yup, Josh McDaniels. It's really starting to look that yes, it was all Brady, and in fact, he had to overcome Bill Belichick and his coaches.
Bill Duplicitous Pond Scums offensive ranks in Cleveland: 25, 11, 15, 20, 16
You must be talking about another Bill. Our Bill is a QB Whisperer.

Curran said this could be a story worth following. BB needs to get a grip on his team right now.

Other comments from players about the defensive having to shut the other team out. Not great…

He's not wrong. The defense has got to feel it has to pitch a shutout to win now. The offense is that bad. The offense scored 7, 6, and now 0 points.

What MORE do they have to do to get a win? If anything I appreciate the honesty from Godchaux. He's not throwing any named individuals under the bus but he's definitely telling us straight up what that locker room is feeling. The whole defense is getting SICK of the putrid offense losing them games!

you had to figure it would come at some point. Just hoping the locker room doesnt completely fall apart in the next 5 weeks.

Ready for another stat? If the Patriots were playing in the 1930's with their current scoring average of 12.3 they'd still be considered a below average offensive team! We're playing comparable to football offenses of 90 years AGO!! :rofl:

1701747930792.png

Of course that puts us dead last 32nd for a scoring offense in the NFL of 2023. :poop:

Stats courtesy of pro-football-reference.com.

Worst offense & 1st ranked (not best) defense. Wild..

apropos to this topic, guys on 98.5 were citing offensive #s. Prior to this Bill Belichick offense, the lowest scoring offense in the last 15 years was the 2011 Rams Who was the OC? yup, Josh McDaniels. It's really starting to look that yes, it was all Brady, and in fact, he had to overcome Bill Belichick and his coaches.
Bill Duplicitous Pond Scums offensive ranks in Cleveland: 25, 11, 15, 20, 16
The Raiders offense wasn't looking so great this year either when McDaniels got fired as a HC again.

Curran said this could be a story worth following. BB needs to get a grip on his team right now.

Other comments from players about the defensive having to shut the other team out. Not great…
I posted on this after the Washington loss. In his words... Godchaux said that team just traded thier best edge guys, we still couldn't take advantage. That was when I first noticed that guys on defense are beyond frustrated. For the first time in Bills patriots tenure. There is nothing he can say or do at this point. He has no more tricks he can pull put the hat. This is how it looks when a roster is built this way, and failing to allow your 1st round QB to continue to develop and put real weapons around him.

He's not wrong. The defense has got to feel it has to pitch a shutout to win now. The offense is that bad. The offense scored 7, 6, and now 0 points.

What MORE do they have to do to get a win? If anything I appreciate the honesty from Godchaux. He's not throwing any named individuals under the bus but he's definitely telling us straight up what that locker room is feeling. The whole defense is getting SICK of the putrid offense losing them games!
I like it! I want guys to speak out. The more pressure publicly on ownership the better IMO. Have to get away from the played out way of doing business as if the GOAT was still here!

Nothing will say Bill has lost control of the team and needs to go like Patriots fighting amongst themselves. Esp if it turns physical.

Can you imagine if it happens on the sidelines during the game in Pittsdirt?

Nothing will say Bill has lost control of the team and needs to go like Patriots fighting amongst themselves. Esp if it turns physical.

Can you imagine if it happens on the sidelines during the game in Pittsdirt?
Agreed. This had to happen the way the seasons gone. This is an emphatic example being shown to ownership that without the QB Winning isn't possible. Something like this is what could force organizational change. The business mindset, the cheap contracts, now hearing that Bill O'Brien isn't allowed to run the offense that he wants. Just layers upon layers are being peeled back with this organization. Winning mask everything, as loosing uncovers it. Kraft is a very smart, gracious, articulate owner. He has given Bill so much power. But I believe the leaders on defense are professional and respec enough towards Bill that they wouldn't let it spill over to a physical thing like last season with the Broncos players.

Paywall! Cliff notes
I copy and paste to notepad on my computer before the paywall shows up. Easy to find the article text in there.

Godchaux talking about his frustration at what's happening on offense, that the margin of error is really small in the league...he mentions the drops by the receivers and how the offense (he said the whole team) needs to take advantage of their opportunities when they come. Credits our opponents saying all players in the league are good at something. Says he thinks we should be a playoff team even if our record doesn't show it. Says nobody is going to feel sorry for the Patriots. Says we gotta score even if he is QB (lol even he's probably an upgrade over our whole QB room). Said the same thing as Phillips that the defense feels they have to put up a shutout to win. If those guys are saying it then that entire side of the ball feels that way. Pretty much calls out the offense that they need to give the team a chance to win.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back