PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe of NESN thinks Brandon Spikes is not thrilled to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Spikes is angry I bet it is b/c of his agent feeding him lines like how he will make far less $$$ (when he hits FA'cy. In a 4-3 Spikes your impact won't be as noteworthy when compared to the instant impact he would show in a 3-4 (just a thought)

Last edited:
IF Spikes is angry I bet it is b/c of his agent feeding him lines like how he will make far less $$$ in a 4-3 b/c your impact won't be as noteworthy when compared to his impact in a 3-4 (just a thought)

MLB is the same in 3-4 or 4-3 when it comes down to contract talk.. Not like comparing a DT - DE or OG to a OT

How does the ped testing work in the NFL once a player has faile a test? How long are they in the program and how often are they tested?

Maybe he is a little down because of the injury and having to piss in a cup all the time.

Or maybe it's a personal matter. Maybe he's in a bad car lease situation and hates the vehicle but is stuck with it for 2 more years.

I hope he gets back soon.

He could buy a whole car lot with the money he makes...doubt he leases anything.

MLB is the same in 3-4 or 4-3 when it comes down to contract talk.. Not like comparing a DT - DE or OG to a OT

thnx for pointing that out to me sully. What I am referring to is What is Best for Spikes. I bet he is in favor of the 3-4 b/c it suits him better. Bigger impact='s bigger contract

Last edited:
IF Spikes is angry I bet it is b/c of his agent feeding him lines like how he will make far less $$$ (when he hits FA'cy. In a 4-3 Spikes your impact won't be as noteworthy when compared to the instant impact he would show in a 3-4 (just a thought)

Then his agent must think he sucks because good MLB's make more plays in a 4-3 not fewer.

He still has 3 years remaining on his contract. He shouldn't be thinking about that.

this is talked about in another thread also...last thing BB wants is a malcontent. I think he's out of here. He and Brace...big time busts. Hopefully they can get something for these guys.

Brandon Spikes is a "big time bust"? Congratulations, that's the dumbest post I've read here all week.

I'm a big Spikes fan, that said, I hope he gets his head out of his behind, and soon.

Brandon Spikes is a "big time bust"? Congratulations, that's the dumbest post I've read here all week.

Thats not a competition won easily here at Patsfans - SanAngeloState wants us all to know that he trains long hard at perfecting the art of ******ed messageboard posting.

There's also the fact that his tweet about "2 more yrs" makes no sense in regards to his contract--which is for THREE more yrs..so that is absolute speculation, and speculation that doesn't even make sense.

Maybe he's not that bright ? Thinks he has 2 years when he actually has 3 ?

Just stop.

OK, OK I started panicing about Spikes the other day but in a rare moment of relaxed thinking I've come to the conclusion that Shakespeare knew more about twitter and foootball than this forum. Much ado about nothing.

I fail to see anything that can be read between the lines by anyone who isn't looking for something that isn't there in the first place.

Jeff Rowe's "investigative reporting":

bspikes55 brandon spikes
The world is urs, and everything in it !!!!!!! #Powwwwwwwww
16 Aug

"Scarface reference... sounds like Spikes is doing drugs again!"

Maybe he doesn't like New England - doesn't mean he hates this team.

Maybe he doesn't like training camp - doesn't mean he hates this team.

Maybe he's having personal issues - doesn't mean he hates this team.

Others have said it but you have to read this shit he's written assuming the standpoint that he is disgruntled in the first place for it to sound bad otherwise there's dozens of explanations.

Maybe it's an inside joke with Ocho who calls it #Heaven.

“Boy I tell u . It ain’t what u think Smhhhh”.

Followed by “#ToBeHonest ur opinion will never matter to me at all !!! Lol they like *******s, evr body got 1 #Powwwwwww”.

If this guy really talks/thinks like that it must take Herculean effort to coach him anything. Props to BB. Can you imagine someone as smart as him having to deal with this all day long? Wow... why would anyone want that job.

Greg_A_Bedard Greg A. Bedard
RT @monwalker: Caserio says that LB Brandon Spikes is in good standing with the team as in meetings and working hard.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Thats what they said about Randy Moss

I think he means two more years after this season.

Of course. When he says two years he actually means three years.

We'll all figure out linear a before we figure out what Spikes actually means.

This board and the people who are really worrying about this as being a real issue are the best.

Let me use on of my favorite lines used against anyone who shows any optimism about the team during preseason... and I'm going to apply it for those who now think Spikes hates the team, wants to leave, has his head up his @ss, etc...

We don't know anything until the regular season starts, so calm down. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes